Photo
- - - - -

Change Default Nude Skins & anatomical Corrections!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 jfbrittes

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:20 PM

Allright first I want to congratulate AllenABQ for doing such a great job with his hairy skins. I've downloades them all!
I want to know what should I do to place them as my default nude skins. Anyone can help me with this one????
My second question is about anatomical correction of the nude mimmies. Does anyone knows a place were I can get a anatomically correct nude male sims? I would also like to add I found a site for this matter, but for the sims one. To bad it has been closed but it had great meshes. No gross and exagerated ones it's all around the internet, but realistic none offensive ones. If anyone is interested the site is: http://www.chubbysim...AddOnSkins.html I thinks you can still download them.
Anyway if anyone have something like this, only for the sims 2, I would be really gratefull!!
(I like to make my sims as realistic as possible)

#2 Fantasyrogue

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 1,636 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

When creating a family in CAS, you click on the little asterix (*) icon next to the four default skintones to select a custom one, that's how you set that as the skintone for that character.

Well, we can only change skintones, we can't actually add anything to the default body meshes because well, we can't change meshes right now period. Sorry. I'm willing to bet some people will eventually get to this though.

#3 Gamerg

Simoleon Addict

• 940 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:30 PM

might be a bit odd if the skin mesh pops out of the clothing all the time tho :Oo:

hehehe.
Uhm. One thing you should be aware of is any skin that you downloaded the babies faces may be a bit messed up, so you may have to correct that in the future.
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
-- Joseph Addison (1672-1719), English essayist, poet, statesman

#4 Fantasyrogue

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 1,636 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:44 PM

I don't even wanna think of that :eek:

Yes, that's another problem ofcourse, because with Sims 1 the meshes changed completely if someone was clothed, and that's not the case with Sims 2, where the clothes get put on top of the naked mesh....

#5 Gamerg

Simoleon Addict

• 940 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:54 PM

yep thats what I figured, and thats definitly going to be a hard problem to overcome.
No puns seriously :angel:
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."

#6 jfbrittes

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:05 AM

Maybe the only way for the attachments not to show up while male sims are dressed up is to find a way for those attachmentes only to appear when they are in the nunde... MMmmmm but since no one have even figured out HOW to manage the meshes I guess we are only specullating...
Meanwhile I think it's best to keep the blur on, rather than have "eunos" male sims... :(
Any news about these subjects, please contact me, ok?
Thanx!

#7 AllenABQ

Trashcan Kicker

• 311 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

Thanks for the compliment, jfbrittes.

Y'know since I only work mainly with the genetics files (skin tones, facial hair, eyes, etc.) I was unaware that the clothing meshes lay over the body mesh. That DOES complicate things.

I suppose if and when a mesh editor comes out, it might be fairly easy to create "nude" options for the swimsuit and underwear sections because you would only have to create the uh... equipment... and not a whole body mesh. However if you didn't use them as your direct picks in Create-a-Sim, you'd still have to go buy those additions at the clothing store in the game. :lol:

But getting another mesh to take over when a male sim undresses for a shower or bath... hmmm... I wonder if that will ever work.

#8 Fantasyrogue

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 1,636 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:47 AM

Actually, thinking about it again I'm not sure if it does overlay. I remember something I did way in the beginning. I had messed with the files, and changed a gender code from 1 to 2. At which point I had switched a female top to male, BUT, it didn't just change the top, it changed the entire midsection of the body... effectively giving the man breasts..... ofcourse, it didn't fit, the neck area and waist area looked terrible, but it was funny nonetheless. That does mean that clothes meshes might be entire bodyparts.

#9 AllenABQ

Trashcan Kicker

• 311 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:57 AM

Fantasyrogue,

That brings up an interesting question I've been wondering about. You said you changed the gender code...

Is is POSSIBLE to change the gender code on hair meshes so that they are transferrable. I ask this because there isn't a decent version of long hair for men. And I was thinking one or two of the women's long-hair styles MIGHT work is they could be brought over to the men's hair area.

Any thoughts on this?

#10 Fantasyrogue

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 1,636 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:19 AM

I tried it back then, but it doesn't work. Instead you get a really weird glitched out bald head. I only really ever got it to work for that red women's shirt, and I only managed it once, I tried to reproduce it with another skin and it didn't work.. I think... You can try fiddling with it yourself, there's a gender key in the .sknprj file (or the .hair file), you can switch the numbers on that from male to female or vice-versa, but it won't really work for much of anything.

#11 Gamerg

Simoleon Addict

• 940 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:28 AM

I decided to fufill part one of your request this one is for blonds.

I've uploaded it to the main site here, I apologize to moderators if I wasn't supposed to attach a picture, but I looked everywhere for forum and submission rules so if it needs to be removed ok but please link me the submissions/content information.

Anyhow, let me know what yall think =)

#12 tsn81

Just Registered

• 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:27 PM

I want to know what should I do to place them as my default nude skins. Anyone can help me with this one????

Anyone know answer to this one yet?

#13 AllenABQ

Trashcan Kicker

• 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 09:55 PM

Allright first I want to congratulate AllenABQ for doing such a great job with his hairy skins. I've downloades them all!

I'm not certain exactly what you are trying to accomplish here.

If you mean to replace the four default skin tones provided by Maxis, I don't think that's possible. Custom content remains custom content.

If you mean how do you get these custom skin tones to appear nude, the only option is to download one of the underwear or swimsuit clothes skins of something that is skin-tight and blacken the alpha file to prevent the clothing from being displayed. This results in a nude skin option for underwear or swimwear or whatever clothing category you care to assign it to when you import the changed file back to the game. This method also doesn't invoke the pixel blur, so you really can see your sims in the buff if you want. But the pixel blur will remain whenever they take a bath, shower, or use the toilet.

#14 hang2004

Just Registered

• 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 01:35 AM

hi ive made a little site for sim 2 owners and their is a nude patch on their and nude skins if any one would like to have a look their r pic on their to with the patch working and avi[IMG]

#15 jfbrittes

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 03:23 AM

Yes I'd like too see this patch and your page, would you please send the URL?
About the update in the skin, The baby head ishue is not happenin to me :) When did it happen to you guys?
Some people have asked what I really wanted. Well I wanted to know if there is a possible way to change the default nude skins. So none of my sims looked barbie-like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users