- - - - -

Serial Number

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 MoonlitMaiden

Faerie Godmother

• 311 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:00 AM

When you get a new game or expansion, you could record the serial number on the disc with a CD-safe pen/marker or label.

Cheers

This is what I do. But... if you have to do a reinstall, be sure to write the number on a piece of paper to refer to as you go through the process. Nothing like having the installer ask for your serial number when it's written on the CD that's in your disk drive!

:duh: Gina

Come visit MoonlitMaiden's Minisite
My life's ambition: To look like my avatar

#22 lushkibby06

Team Mascot

• 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

This is wht i do!

Write the code on the cd case.
Write the code on the cd.
Write the code on a pice of paper and put it in folder.
Register the serial number.
And Photocopy the back of the manual and put in folder.

So i never loose them =]. :devil: :rah:
Back :)

#23 disastergirl

New Neighbor

• 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:48 PM

that's REALLY smart, wish i'd done that.

#24 knightguy82

Senior Socialite

• 1,998 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

a program that does the leg work of going into your registry and finding your serial keys for your Sims 2 games, including the expansion and stuff packs.

Mod Edit: Link to MTS2 removed or http://grusha.me.uk/.../sims2/S2KP.htm

i havent tested it on seasons but i found its a good program to have :Oo:
People also grade levels of sanity according to a financial scale. If you're well off, you aren't crazy, you're eccentric. If you're middle class, you aren't crazy, you're just a little off. If you're poor, you aren't crazy, but you're not right and someone should probably do something about you.

#25 flowerchild4real

Friendly Townie

• 551 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

If you registered your game, you could do this: http://thesims2.ea.c...user_id=1801860

If you haven't registered it, then do this: http://bbs.thesims2....d66a7b810919117

I want to thank you for posting this...it saved me BIG time!!!! I cant express how grateful I am. I searched and searched and when I saw this post it gave me some hope and when I opened the page I was so HAPPY!!!! THANK YOU!!! :wub: :ty:
I brake for tailgators
Avatar compliments of Fabricio at simfreaks

#26 misty4m

House Party Crasher

• 121 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:56 AM

My cousin thank you.:nw: :ty:

http://www.thesimsre...members/misty4m
OMG! I have all three sims game on my computer.
Love The Simple Things In Life

#27 wildlilly

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:52 AM

Hi, There is a program specially designed to see all the sims 2 serial numbers that you have installed on your computer. It is called: Sims 2 Serial Key Printer and can be found at simprograms.com under The sims 2 miscellaneous

http://www.simprograms.com/?page_id=39

hope that helps, again though it will only recover the serial numbers of the games that you have installed. If you do a reformatt and then try to use the program it wont work you have to use it before the formatt.

#28 arrid

Die Sim in der Mauren

• 452 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

Thank you. I think I will never have a problem with serial numbers any more, ever.
Arrid, now with with a creation

#29 Saoz

Alien Abductee

• 3,401 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:49 PM

If you're wary or don't want to install this program, just have a look at the instructions I posted in post #10 of this thread. You can find your serial numbers manually yourself without this program. Both methods (the one I posted and this program) look in the same place for the serial numbers.

#30 cptnemo6

New Neighbor

• 22 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Thats a nice program at simprograms :)

#31 CD43

New Neighbor

• 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

I've alway's been concerned about losing my serial #'s .... although, all my games are registered upon install, I like to have my #'s, so I found the "regedit" to be very helpful ... Thank You Soaz for that information, and I also installed and ran the program from simprograms that wildlilly suggested .... AWESOME!

Thank You so much for all the information, now I can relax knowing that my Sims2 investments are safe ..... :D
CD43

#32 emyearle

House Party Crasher

• 111 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

I have been on the EA website and logged in but I STILL can't see where my registered games are on the site. I register all of my games when I install them. I got a new computer last summer and hadn't installed all of my sims expansion packs straight away as I didn't have time to play them all, so I can't check the PC for the information.

HELP! Please!!

Xo

#33 amberland

Social Bunny

• 1,050 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:31 PM

This is what I do. But... if you have to do a reinstall, be sure to write the number on a piece of paper to refer to as you go through the process. Nothing like having the installer ask for your serial number when it's written on the CD that's in your disk drive!

If the program has more than one disk I write the serial number on the second disk, since it's at the beginning of the installation that they ask for the SN.

I use an ultra fine point Sharpie and have never had a problem with it damaging the disk.
~Amber

#34 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

I have been on the EA website and logged in but I STILL can't see where my registered games are on the site. I register all of my games when I install them. I got a new computer last summer and hadn't installed all of my sims expansion packs straight away as I didn't have time to play them all, so I can't check the PC for the information.

HELP! Please!!

Xo

EA kept a list of our serial numbers for us back in the days of the original sims, but I haven't found such a feature with Sims2. As far as I can figure out, they want you to send them the disk that you've lost the serial number for, and $10, and they'll send you a new serial number (and CD.) I think this is an "anit-piracy" / "anti-sharing" measure.

I did the research on this a couple months ago when I did a fresh install on a new computer. I lost the serial number for my Glamour Stuff Pack, and I refuse to pay $10 for a new serial number for it.
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#35 qvisn

Grannys simply simmin

• 77 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

ok my dad just recently got my computer cleaned out and i lost my sims2 case that has the serail number on it. i s there anyway i can get the number again

Thank you missytheone, i have learnt such a lot on here because of your question.:rah: :D
I am a challenge addict.Check out my stories, screenshots and creations.
http://www.thesimsre...m/artists/qvisn

#36 Asprin

Goths are people too!

• 667 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

thanks for posting how to find the codes in the registry
Asprin

Only girls fight with swords these days...

#37 beadguru

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:29 AM

EA kept a list of our serial numbers for us back in the days of the original sims, but I haven't found such a feature with Sims2. As far as I can figure out, they want you to send them the disk that you've lost the serial number for, and $10, and they'll send you a new serial number (and CD.) I think this is an "anit-piracy" / "anti-sharing" measure.

I did the research on this a couple months ago when I did a fresh install on a new computer. I lost the serial number for my Glamour Stuff Pack, and I refuse to pay $10 for a new serial number for it.

Has anyone found an answer to this? I had three year old play hide and seek with the instruction booklets of ALL my games - still haven't found the pets one. Is there a way that I can avoid having to send stuff overseas?

#38 Moza

Sugar Dodger!

• 8,460 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:19 AM

If the game is still installed, you can try this.
Atlas Sims - Bringing Sims 1 to Sims 3

Platinum Simmers

#39 beadguru

Rookie

• 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:02 AM

Unfortunately I've had a computer upgrade since it was last installed (that's why everything was out - it was being put on the new shiny 'puter). Inside the instruction booklet for ALL the expansion and add-on packs it says:

"Registering this game to your EA member account saves a copy of your PC serial number to your EA "My Account" details so you can refer back to it in the future"

Are they lying?

#40 luvs10s

Phonatical

• 1,333 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

No they're not lying - it just takes a bit effort to find them (I know I tried for atleast half an hour).

Go to http://www.ea.com/ and log in (red button on top right) with your email address and password

the go to 'EA Support' (there's a link on the left hand side and one in the 'quicklinks')

Click on 'My Account' then enter your username and password, click login button - you may have to do this several times on different screens for it to work (it took me four attempts...)

'My Account' will then open - click on 'My Games' tab: It lists all your EA Games with their registration codes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users