TC100 Showcase Thread

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 Moza

Sugar Dodger!

• 8,460 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

Welcome to the spotlight!

Please use this thread to post screenshots showcasing your creations made with TC100, which starts today, 30th July 08. The general TC thread for other weeks' textures in here.

Textures can all be found in this thread, with thanks to D2Diamond.

Let's go party! :D
Atlas Sims - Bringing Sims 1 to Sims 3

Platinum Simmers

#2 DOT

PinkPoodleProbation

• 2,110 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Thanks Moza!
Here I have used selina012 and my texture :)
I really like them together, reminded me of Retro :)

#3 midland_04

Friendly Townie

• 513 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

DOT,

Your sets look wonderful! Great job!

Here is my first set for the TC 100... I hope everyone likes! The Textures are from D2Diamond, luvmy7, Snowi, and luvs10.

Midland_04 :cool:

Attached Files

Life Is Short: Take It Slow, And Live Each Day To The Fullest.

My Mini-Site

#4 riccinumbers

TSR Support Staff

• 1,154 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

Well good and bad news. So I'll share the good news. I finished my first room for TC 100. I wanted to add a rug and some other deco items, but I don't think I'll have time. It's a rather large set as is anyway.

So here we are. This set has 14 new meshes. I used everyone's textures in this room and added a surprise. Everyone who contributed a texture is featured in a standing screen for pictures. IF I get time I would like to do one more set for this challenge.
I hope you all like this set.

Catherine

Attached Files

You can find my stuffs here: "Riccinumbers".
Featured Artist , Artist Panel, FA/SA Management, TSR Support Staff, Chief Cook and Bottle washer.
That DOG acts exactly the way we would act if we had no shame.

#5 Vanilla_Sim

Nana Banana

• 1,283 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

First I want to thank Moza for being so supportive and starting our threads for us. What would we do without you? :nw:

DOT, gorgeous as usual. You have such a good eye and really make these sofas so appealing. :rah:

Midland, I love the club sofas and they look very nice. Good job!

Catherine, Your set is awesome. Great use of all the textures. I can tell it was well thought out. Just a wonderful job. :rah: I love the screen I for one am honored. Your turn to have a great big cookie!! :rah:

Keep up the great work everyone.

Hugs, Robin :wub:

My Creations
A synonym is a word you use when you can’t spell the word you first thought of

#6 D2Diamond

Trashcan Kicker

• 402 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

I agree with Robin, Moza, thank you so much doing all you have for us! :ty: :wub:

DOT: I love your set, it's so pretty. The pillows turned out soo cute!

Midland: Your room is so nice. You have no idea how big I grinned to see my texture like that. I love how it works with the other textures, I'm so happy!!

Cathrine: Your room is just so beautiful. And like Robin, I'm am honored to be apart of your screen. It makes me all giggly with excitement!

So, since I made the bathroom meshes just for this occasion, I figured I do something with them. I used DOT, tambriah, and luvs10s textures. There's two mirrors, the tub, toilet, (with lid) sink, two walls, and a floor. OH there's also a "Winters Blossom" re-color, but I forgot to add it to the room. :wacko: My Bad.. I'll have to fix that later. But for now, I have to get ready to go for the rest of the day. I look forward to what everyone else has done by the time I get back tonight! :Mar: <-- I like this smilie! :lol:

Oh, one question though, was it my imagination or was TSR going to put a banner or something for the TC 100 on the front page? I could be totally wrong, but I thought someone said something like that. Just wondering.

Diamond

Attached Files

#7 selina012

Trashcan Kicker

• 452 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

Dot, I love those sofas! They do look very retro, I like the blue one best! :D

Midland, your light living set is georgous! :wub: The blue and white gives it a nice french country look. I just love it!

Ricci, Your set is outstanding!:wow: The screen is soooooo cool. Well done for using all the textures in one set :D

Diamond, I love your Aqua bathroom! Its funny, because when I first seen tambriahs rose texture I thought of a shower curtain too! :lol: and it looks good how you have used it on other parts of the bathroom too. Well done on the meshes also, they look great!

Well, I am working on a dining set at the moment using textures from Dot, Mianatw, Ricci and tearsrain. Should have pics to show soon!

****Selina*****

You can view all my creations, just go to my MINISITE

#8 tdyannd

• 1,850 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

...man, I've made quite a few sets, really working on my shading and shadows! But, these are the only previews I've got so far.

http://i227.photobuc...denTC100set.png

http://i227.photobuc...om3TC100set.png

By the way, everyone's sets look awesome! I think the texture really do go well together...we did a good job! :D
My SA MiniSite - tdyannd
Check Out SIMful Pleasures !
Add me on Facebook !

#9 selina012

Trashcan Kicker

• 452 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Tiff, you can tell you have worked really hard on these, the shading and shadows really make a difference, well done on such beautiful sets! :D

****Selina*****

You can view all my creations, just go to my MINISITE

#10 tdyannd

• 1,850 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:53 AM

Oh, thanks Selina! ...I look at them so often when tweaking the shadows, I really can't tell if what I've done is any different from the beginning because I've been looking at them for hours on end! :wacko: But, it's really rewarding to hear someone else say the shadows and whatnot can be seen! :ty:
My SA MiniSite - tdyannd
Add me on Facebook !

#11 Vanilla_Sim

Nana Banana

• 1,283 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:10 AM

OH WOW! :wow: We have a banner on the front page. It's just wonderful. :rah:

Diamond, lovely bathroom. :) Tambriah's texture was perfect for the shower curtain.

Tiffany, I love your use of the textures in the first shot. Very clean and inviting. I've never seen that bed did you make the mesh?. Very pretty. Good job all around!! :wub:

I'm still in the process of my first set. I'm just to slow. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon.

Keep up the great work everybody.

Robin :wub:

My Creations
A synonym is a word you use when you can’t spell the word you first thought of

#12 tdyannd

• 1,850 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

I've never seen that bed did you make the mesh?. Very pretty.

First off, thanks for the compliment. :D ...the bed is from Simply Styling...by Jope, I believe. The whole set, actually. The set is called 'Bedroom 3' I think. I'm not sure, I don't remember.

I, too, saw the banner on the front page and I felt important! :lol: ...I also updated my mini-site with the banner below. :D

Attached Files

My SA MiniSite - tdyannd
Add me on Facebook !

#13 TearsRain

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 232 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:51 AM

Everyones sets are so good!:rah: I am staring with pool stuff and havent been available to work on it as much as I would have liked this weekend but this is what I have so far.I have a pic for the diving board but it is to big hopefully I can get the complete set pic done tonight! :D

Attached Files

"O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives."

~Jim Morrison~
Visit My Mini Site Here

#14 mermaidofthenile

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:03 AM

hi everyone!! :D

every buddys items look REALLY great!

heres a pic of my first time texture challenge recolor. hope you like them, im so excited :rah:

Attached Files

#15 midland_04

Friendly Townie

• 513 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

D2Diamond,

Wow!! Beautiful Bathroom. I'm still fighting with my cabinet from my TC 97! LOL Hopefully I'll get better at Bathrooms. Great Job! Love what you did with tambriah's texture too. :)

Ricci2882,

Great job! It looks wonderful! My pup is immortalized on TSR in a screenshot! :D LOL Beautiful room!

Tearsrain1555,

Great start, can't wait to see the rest of the stuff!

tdyannd,

Beautiful set of what I got to see of it... It kept getting half way loaded and then just stopped. My system don't like photobucket that well... On dialup, it spits and sputters at it. Very beautiful though!

MermaidoftheNile,

You did a great job with the retexture, the set looks sharp and clean... You even did a good job with the wood texture as the flooring! I'd make you a suggestion though, use another texture for the curtains, like maybe D2Diamonds, where the blue on the white so the blue would tie in via the blue stripe in the plaid. Your curtain almost perfectly blends in with your walling. When it first loaded, I had to take a double look to recognize the curtains. Great job on your first attempt though. :D

Thanks everyone on the great comments on my set! Everyone's sets are looking great also! Like the meshes also Ricci2882, forgot to add that on my comment up above. LOL D2Diamond thank you... It was kind of a pain getting that texture to lay in there that way, that was the best I could get it, and in the end, I ended up being pretty happy with it once I seen it in game. :D

Hope to see more, and I hope to get to work on another set tonight!

Have a wonderful eveing!

My Mini-Site

#16 midland_04

Friendly Townie

• 513 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:48 AM

Ok, tdyannd and luvmy7, I hope you don't mind, but I decided to play tonight. :D Here is an animated banner for anyone who wants it for their mini-site. I included tdyannd and luvmy7's banners in a page curl animation between each frame. I'll post it here, and hope all enjoys!

The Animated TC 100 Banner - Too Big To Upload Here

Got it posted on my mini-site, so small enough to use there. :D

My Mini-Site

#17 tambriah

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 212 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:00 AM

:wow: everyones creations look so good :wow:

This is so much fun. :D I have completed 2 sets so far and have the textures picked out for 2 more
I hope everyone likes mine too. happy simming :rah:
tambriah

"In God We Trust"

#18 riccinumbers

TSR Support Staff

• 1,154 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

:D
Just checking in. Everyone's sets look so great!

Tambriah I think the floor should be different from the bedding. It looks a little busy with the bedding and floor the same. Love the wall.

tdyannd Love love love it. Good job on the shadows.

mermaidofthenile The textures should be broken up. It's a very good job for your first recolor. The couches are perfect!. But I would break up the textures a bit. A different wall color, maybe a solid curtain.

D2diamond Nice bathroom!

Dot Nice use of the combination of the textures. They do look good in that particular set!

I am glad you all like the screen. It seemed appropriate and a great surpirse. LOL

I'll try to keep up, Still packing. Oh yeah, I also have that pesky thing called a job I have to go to...

Catherine
You can find my stuffs here: "Riccinumbers".
Featured Artist , Artist Panel, FA/SA Management, TSR Support Staff, Chief Cook and Bottle washer.
That DOG acts exactly the way we would act if we had no shame.

#19 mermaidofthenile

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:28 PM

D2Diamond,

Wow!! Beautiful Bathroom. I'm still fighting with my cabinet from my TC 97! LOL Hopefully I'll get better at Bathrooms. Great Job! Love what you did with tambriah's texture too. :)

Ricci2882,

Great job! It looks wonderful! My pup is immortalized on TSR in a screenshot! :D LOL Beautiful room!

Tearsrain1555,

Great start, can't wait to see the rest of the stuff!

tdyannd,

Beautiful set of what I got to see of it... It kept getting half way loaded and then just stopped. My system don't like photobucket that well... On dialup, it spits and sputters at it. Very beautiful though!

MermaidoftheNile,

You did a great job with the retexture, the set looks sharp and clean... You even did a good job with the wood texture as the flooring! I'd make you a suggestion though, use another texture for the curtains, like maybe D2Diamonds, where the blue on the white so the blue would tie in via the blue stripe in the plaid. Your curtain almost perfectly blends in with your walling. When it first loaded, I had to take a double look to recognize the curtains. Great job on your first attempt though. :D

Thanks everyone on the great comments on my set! Everyone's sets are looking great also! Like the meshes also Ricci2882, forgot to add that on my comment up above. LOL D2Diamond thank you... It was kind of a pain getting that texture to lay in there that way, that was the best I could get it, and in the end, I ended up being pretty happy with it once I seen it in game. :D

Hope to see more, and I hope to get to work on another set tonight!

Have a wonderful eveing!

thanks!! i really appreciate your input.

i was thinking about that when i did the pic. i LOVE this pattern, im currently trying out a different way to do the wallpaper and curtains plus im making a lamp, end table and possibly a light fixture too!!

#20 mermaidofthenile

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

:D
Just checking in. Everyone's sets look so great!

Tambriah I think the floor should be different from the bedding. It looks a little busy with the bedding and floor the same. Love the wall.

tdyannd Love love love it. Good job on the shadows.

mermaidofthenile The textures should be broken up. It's a very good job for your first recolor. The couches are perfect!. But I would break up the textures a bit. A different wall color, maybe a solid curtain.

D2diamond Nice bathroom!

Dot Nice use of the combination of the textures. They do look good in that particular set!

I am glad you all like the screen. It seemed appropriate and a great surpirse. LOL

I'll try to keep up, Still packing. Oh yeah, I also have that pesky thing called a job I have to go to...

Catherine

thank you for your input i really appreciate it!! im currently trying out different ways like i said i LOVE this pattern its sooooooooooo pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users