October 2008 Building Contest (Sponsored by S2HBAA)
Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:39 PM
Your Sim has a secret wish to sneak onto the Midnight Express. It only rolls into Sim City once in a blue moon, under the protective cover of night. What will it look like? Where will it go? When will it return? And why won’t any of the elder Sims talk about it?
The particular rules for this month's building contest are as follows:
1. ALL lots permitted (residential, community, etc.), though this theme may be best for a community or business lot.
2. Your lot must feature a train (the “Midnight Express”). How you create it is entirely up to you. Be as creative as possible and interpret the theme/style as you wish.
3. Your lot(s) must be fully furnished and decorated.
4. You may submit your lot(s) until October 31, 2008. Judging will occur promptly on November 1, 2008.
The following rules apply to all of our monthly contests:
1. You may use custom content and game cheats to place objects. Due to the problem of Maxis recolors not packaging correctly, we are no longer requiring lots to be uploaded to TSR. Therefore, you may use any custom content you wish in your lots, as you are not expected to upload your lot to TSR.
2. Speaking of uploading, if you do plan to upload your lot to TSR, please do not do it until the winner has been decided. Whoever the winner is earns the right to list in their lot description that they are that month's winner of the S2HBAA Monthly Contest.
3. You may enter more than one lot, but remember that we judge based on quality, not quantity. Therefore, we recommend you only submit one or two lots per monthly contest.
4. You cannot submit a lot that you’ve previously built or previously entered in another contest. All lots must be original and made expressly for this month’s S2HBAA contest.
5. When you are ready to present your lot for judging, simply post at least 10 screenshots of different aspects of it. If you have special areas that you think we should look at more carefully, you may post as many additional photos as you find appropriate (we love photos!!). We prefer photos to be presented using a site such as Photobucket since it is very easy and fun to view the photos, but if you choose to use TSR’s photo attachment option, please post them all at one time so that they don't get separated between other entrants' photos. Also, take your photos carefully, as that's all we have to go by when we judge!
6. In your post, please also list the following information: Name of Lot and a Small Description of the Lot.
All right, that's how it goes! Extra special thanks to Pickle123, who started the monthly contest!
If you are interested in participating, please leave a comment to let me know so that I can determine how many judges we may need.
Good luck, everyone! I can't wait to see your lots!
Visit my Minisite!
Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:42 PM
I've built a beautiful victorian train station (yes I've been at it for HOURS!) and manage the train cars with no problem...it's the engine that's killing me at this point. It's a shame I don't know how to do custom contents.:( All I need is a sideways enclosed cylinder. <Sigh> I may just go with what I have.
This is supposed to be scary? I may have to go back to the drawing board for that.:eek:
Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:48 AM
Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:02 PM
You can view all my creations, just go to my MINISITE
Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:39 PM
"2. Your lot must feature a train (the “Midnight Express”). How you create it is entirely up to you. Be as creative as possible and interpret the theme/style as you wish."
I was the one that added the rest. Mirraaj and I were discussing how to create a train engine. It was one of my stumbling blocks. The pookyness came out in a message from Crass about it being October and y'all always do spooky for Halloween, but then she did leave it up for interpretation. Sorry for the confusion.
Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:38 PM
I can relate. Still working on the train aspect. The cars aren't too bad considering they have wagon wheels for train wheels. The nautical wheels just wouldn't do. The main problem I had was with the engine. I think I worked that out. It's only taken me three days to do it. Now I just have to add some chaachees and take some pics then I'm done I think...UNLESS I think of some other hair brained thing to add.:) So far, I've spent 21 hours on this challenge. Most of that time was shaking my head and saying..."That ain't right." or "That would be neat and how can I do that?"
Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:39 PM
Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:41 PM
Oh NO! Say it ain't so Mirraaj! Come on honey jump back on the train. Let's go on an adventure. My imagination was overloading my capabilities. Simply. Simplify.
Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:35 PM
Posted 04 October 2008 - 06:44 PM
..oh and read
S2HBAA member and proud of it!!
S3HBAA member also proud of that!!
My own little minisite At Eluts
Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:43 PM
Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:30 PM
..oh and read
Elut once more I am staggered by your imagination and your building skills. Utterly fabulous.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users