* * * * * 1 votes

Frequent Questions

• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#481 Starla Nightfall

• 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

When I open TSR Workshop I get the following message "Sellect the instalation package for TSR Workshop" I have both Sims 3 & 4, what do I do?

#482 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,524 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

When I open TSR Workshop I get the following message "Sellect the instalation package for TSR Workshop" I have both Sims 3 & 4, what do I do?

That means that Workshop didn't install correctly. Try uninstalling it, redownload a fresh copy, and then install the fresh copy and see if that works. :)

#483 Starla Nightfall

• 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:29 PM

Well I uninstalled, then did a clean install of the latest version. Now I the following message :No game paths selected, please set game paths in preference". I try setting it to Sims 4 but I keep getting the same message. Now what?

#484 Starla Nightfall

• 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

Well I just made sure my computer is updated, drivers, etc. uninstalled & did a clean install of TSR Workshop ver. 2.2.34.0 & I am still getting the same message, is this a bug with the latest version?

#485 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,524 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:04 PM

That error means exactly what it says - the paths haven't been set properly.

Go into Edit > Preferences > Folders, "Game Data" needs to point to the TS4 folder in Documents. "...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The SIms 4"

"Base Game" needs to point to the location where the base game is actually installed - by default it's in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4"

Both paths need to be set correctly. Depending on how your computer is set up, the default paths I've provided may not be correct if you have either moved your Documents folder or installed the game onto a different hard drive. (Also note that you need to actually browse for the paths, don't just type in what you think is correct.)

#486 xSoyJoni

• 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

Hey i've got problems when i downloaded TSR  :( when i click on Create new object & clothing , makeup or something there's nothing to start with... i really don't know what i need to do! :unsure:  Can someone explain it to me with screenshots or something? I downloaded already Milkshape, Crazybump & WinRAR. Almost forgot, its for The Sims 3   

#487 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,524 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

Hey i've got problems when i downloaded TSR  :( when i click on Create new object & clothing , makeup or something there's nothing to start with... i really don't know what i need to do! :unsure:  Can someone explain it to me with screenshots or something? I downloaded already Milkshape, Crazybump & WinRAR. Almost forgot, its for The Sims 3   

1) You do have the game installed, correct?

2) Are the game paths set properly? (explained in the post before yours)

3) What version of Workshop are you using? The newest?

#488 LauraThePanda

• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:04 AM

I just installed TSR Workshop, and I'm pretty sure I put the right files in, but when I click on any of the catagories like Hair, There are no drop down boxes (PS this is for sims 3). The things on the left just say: Favorites, Sims 4 Hair [or what ever the toppic is], and Sims 3 Hair [or what ever the topic is]. But there are no drop down buttons. PS I do have the latest version. HALP PLS!!!

#489 Sparkle1028

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

Will you guys ever make a workshop version for macs? I really want to make custom content. 

#490 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,524 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:29 AM

Will you guys ever make a workshop version for macs? I really want to make custom content. 

Probably not. We simply don't have any experienced creators with a Mac that could properly test it - and keeping up with all of EA's updates and patches for TWO Workshops? We can barely keep up with one!

​Alternatively, you can use Bootcamp or software like Parallels Desktop to run Windows in order to be able to use Workshop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users