* * * * * 1 votes

Frequent Questions

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas|TSR

Simmer

• 128 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

Please post your questions about CAS creations in this thread and wait for an answer.

#2 TJ Streak

New Neighbor

• 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

I have been trying to make some clothes and have been following the online tutorial.

However when I load the new clothes, the whole sim takes on the color used for the background of the multiplier file. That is, if the non-clothing part of the file is black, the sim becomes black. If white, the sim becomes white. How do I fix this?

#3 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,151 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

You need to have an alpha layer to make the background transparent.

This is covered in the tutorial. It's on Page 2. Start where she talks about doing the Color Overlay. That's where she tells you how to make the alpha channel.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#4 TJ Streak

New Neighbor

• 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

O.K. I have an alpha channel. Where do I put it?

Is there a place to load it in the workshop? Or do I need to combine it with the RGB channels?

#5 Murano

TSR Support Staff

• 982 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

Yes you need to combine it with the correct RGB texture so that it becomes actually RGBA. :)

#6 Iolalia

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hello!
How to remove these lines?
Posted Image

#7 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,151 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hello!
How to remove these lines?
Posted Image

That is the bump map for the mesh. This has been a problem for everyone. The site techs have been working on ways to eliminate the bump map. I do believe they should have a fix for this soon.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#8 Iolalia

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

That is the bump map for the mesh. This has been a problem for everyone. The site techs have been working on ways to eliminate the bump map. I do believe they should have a fix for this soon.

Thanks for the answer, I'll wait.

#9 Iolalia

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Maybe you know... why the neck became bright?
Posted Image
I changed the mesh of a sleeves and torso (waist) only.

#10 Ronj4

Team Mascot

• 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Is it possible add the vertex to the mesh? I've try, but the program is crashed.

#11 WendyV

Team Mascot

• 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

Maybe you know... why the neck became bright?
Posted Image
I changed the mesh of a sleeves and torso (waist) only.

I got a similiar problem. I reckon once you moved certain vertexes, since it's a 3D game, the set for the light casting upon the body wearing it will get somewhat messed up. I think it may require a re-set somewhere. :rolleyes:

And, once I changed a shorts mesh, and there's an ugly line along my sim's leg appeared. :eek:
There's a bigger world outside.

#12 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

The ugly lines are caused by the "Auto Smooth" box being checked, in Group Tab...if you are using Milkshape that is!

And about the bump map that we cannot remove, is it still possible to change it to suits our need...it is just another image no ?..just curious here :P

Rosie :0)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#13 arceusdude222

New Neighbor

• 28 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:01 AM

hmmm, i'm, having problem loading a Stencil (A Linkin Park Logo To be exact, Link: http://farm1.static...._8be9b67c3a.jpg) and it says upon loading "Error when loading preview, Index was outside of array, i followed the guide TO THE BOOK. could someone help here?

#14 heosua_angel

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:17 AM

Hi all! Could someone tell me how to change the type of clothes in The Sims 3? I downloaded some wonderful dresses from our site, but they only appear in Formal Clothing type :( I want my Sim to wear them as casual clothes, it's more convenient I think :) So please help me with this issue, thanks a bunch :X

#15 Murano

TSR Support Staff

• 982 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:31 AM

Hi!
For protecting a creator's original work, importing Sims3Packs into Workshop is not (yet?) possible. You might want to contact the original creator and ask for better sorting. :)

#16 dersatgucker

Just Registered

• 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

Sorry to may ask a question which seemed to be asked quite often or seems to be not very up to date but is it yet possible to "clone" a clothing mesh? I've got a mesh which I want to improve but I do not want to replace the original mesh. Is there a tutorial which is not from June or August '09 and which works with tools we've got today?

#17 BlooMbLURR

Trashcan Kicker

• 820 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

Is it possible that TSRW identifies identical textures so that you dont end up with duplicate textures when making a new variation(design)?
Your creating a huge package that way...

Edit,
Nevermind, found it..
you need to browse for earlier imported ones, srry

#18 sims3modder9

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

I don't know anything about making custom content. HELP

#19 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,151 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I don't know anything about making custom content. HELP

You will want to check out the tutorials we have on our site then to learn how to make custom content -- http://wiki.thesimsr...ating_Tutorials

#20 IreneGouret

Just Registered

• 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi everybody!
How can I unlink custom clothing mesh from any add-on?
For example, I take basic mesh from "Pets" and modify it. Then I need to install new clothing, but the game will require "Pets" add-on. So what should I do to avoid this requirement?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users