* * * * * 1 votes

Frequent Questions

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 BlooMbLURR

Trashcan Kicker

• 820 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Clone a basegame outfit and replace meshes and textures with the ones from the ep(dont forget the normalmap)
EP stuff is simply not basegame compatible, not even when you renumber.
  • IreneGouret likes this
Ever visited my site?
www.bloomsbase.net

#22 IreneGouret

Just Registered

• 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Clone a basegame outfit and replace meshes and textures with the ones from the ep(dont forget the normalmap)
EP stuff is simply not basegame compatible, not even when you renumber.

Simple and genious :D Thanks a lot, I'll try.

#23 hothead33

• 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

how do you add a sim to the workshop! or how do you create a sim in tsr worksop?

#24 BlooMbLURR

Trashcan Kicker

• 820 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

You can not do that. :)
Ever visited my site?
www.bloomsbase.net

#25 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,151 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

Sims must be created in the game -- in the Create A Sim area. ;)

TSR Workshop is a custom content making tool that allows you to clone an item from the game (clothing, hair, makeup, objects, accessories, etc) to use as a base for your own custom content creations. So you can use Workshop to create new clothing, shoes, accessories, hair, tattoos, make-up, objects, walls, floors, terrain paints, patterns, and individual pet parts but it cannot create full Sims, full pets, or lots. Those you must do in the game.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#26 burki

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi!

What I want to know is about creating clothes. I need to learn how to arrange arm angles according to clothing.

For example, in that clothing arm is in right angle:

i7hcapksggktiihfg.jpg

Look at the left arm and its angle. It is in right position and it's NOT creating an ugly view by getting into other parts of the mesh. 
On my custom clothing, how can I arrange that angle? From Milkshape or TSRW? In both cases, I would be rather happy if you teach me how to arrange it. 
Thank you :)

#27 Lavoieri

Simmer

• 58 posts
  • LocationPorto Alegre, Brazil

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble with TSR Workshop, if someone could help...

1- I created this corset, tested it in game but it was too shiny. It was with the same reflective shiny from the original blue blouse mesh. I realize that my specular had a transparent background. So I fixed it and the sim became all black. I did read the tutorial again (ekinage comprehensive clothing) and did check everything. I tried with black/transparente alphas and different formats of DDS. With transparent bg it doesn't work cause I get the same old reflect. With black bg, the sim turns black.

2- I checked everything and suddenly I realize that all textures from the mesh tab had a black background. All of them are using the specular black background texture. When I change it, one by one, again and again and click done, everything is the same.

I already created some stuff with the same tutorial and I tried different combinations of alpha/dds/background and nothing worked. I didn't found any bug like this. If someone could help... Thanks!

tumblr_mxlb4tF3o41t3yg7to1_500.jpg

#28 Lavoieri

Simmer

• 58 posts
  • LocationPorto Alegre, Brazil

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

:(

#29 Sumenai

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

helloo..i got an problem too..im retexturing hairs, making other stuff. (make-up - blushes & lenses, soon other things). and i got an big problem with my cas logos o_o somewhere in the workshop is an option for 'CAS Thumbnail'. so i create logo, i tried 64x64-128x128 or 256x256, jpg and png. but, the logo does not appear in cas ? every time at the hairs, i dont see my logos! but, this is just at the normal hair (without acc.), the hairs with acc got the logo ? o_o plssss help  :(

#30 GoddessKH

• 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi there,

Is TSR workshop going to add sims 4 to it?! I kinda dont have sims 3 . . . ..

And Custom hair is showing up weird for me.. Is that normal? Example: in CAS it looks normal then in actual Gameplay it's purple . . .

#31 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,151 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

There is a different version of TSR Workshop that is in development for Sims4 since Sims3 and Sims4 are completely different games. When the programmers feel that they have a stable product that can be readily used by the general public, then it will be released for everyone to use.

TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#32 LollySim29

• 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hi, I have a problem with TSR Workshop. I exported the meshes and textures from a Generations t-shirt (the one with the star on it) to make it base game compatible for a cc I'm making. When I imported the meshes into my project (I used the base game t-shirt) on the first window that popped up I clicked no, and then yes. In TSR everything looks fine, but when I try the cc on my game, it shows a weird shadow at the height of the waistline. What should I do to fix this? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users