Photo
- - - - -

World Adventures: How Do You Buy A Vacation Home?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 jobo511

Just Registered

• 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:54 PM

Can someone telll me when or how to buy a vacation home in a location?
Do you need a certain amount of Visa points?

#2 Peachybitz1

Team Mascot

• 42 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

hi, you need to have visa level three, when you have achieved this you should have the option on your phone to buy a vacation property..

#3 daisylee

horsing about in Appaloosa

• 7,367 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

Has anyone played one yet? How does it work if Jane has level 3 and buys the house and then marries John with 0 Visa level. Can he stay at the house with her? And then when there are kids can they stay there too I hope?

I have wondered about households with individuals with different Visa levels, and how it will work for them to travel together. Are they always limited by the Sim with the lowest level one?

#4 monkeeman

Team Mascot

• 86 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:26 PM

I have a vacation home in Egypt. Once you buy a home it works just like your regular home. It becomes your "base camp" All of the sims that went on vacation with you will use that home as the base camp regardless of their visa level (I have one sim with a high visa level and 2 others on their first vacation and they all stay at the vacation home.) The sims with different visa levels seem to stay as long as the sim with the highest visa level on the trip.
The build and buy mode options work so you can add to and change the home. The options only work when you're at the vaction home.

#5 daisylee

• 7,367 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

Good information! Thanks. I was wondering how it would work for a family with individual Sims with various levels.
:)

#6 chris_3413

Social Bunny

• 1,055 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

And its good thing build/buy modes work too, cause I think some of the EA designers were drunk when they designed some of the vacation houses :lol:
I had one of my filthy rich sims buy that castle in france with the moat and all.. Its only partially furnished and theres a toilet placed right in the middle of the hallway on one of the floors for all to see!
Black Holes are where God divided by zero

#7 mappam

Alien Abductee

• 3,110 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

TeeHee Chris -

Check out the Fig Tree House in Egypt. This is one of the pre-made vacation houses that come with the game.

The back bedroom has NO door so you can not use this room at all.

EA REALLY needs some Beta Testers!!!!! These "mistakes" are just Lazy! How can a company do such stupid things when "we" house creators take hours testing our homes?

I have not tried a vacation home yet. I have started building an Egypt Vacation House but building it in one of the Original Hoods. I hope that it will save correctly and can be used by one of my Sims as a vacation house in "her" Egypt.
Huggs - Oma Pam - I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

S2HBAA, S3HBAA & TSRAA Member

Mappam's MiniSite

#8 daisylee

• 7,367 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

I do love the cheat to be able to fix lots from live mode. I just redid the base camp in China, adding missing railings, a missing bed, etc. I also added some wallpaper missing at a park when my Sim was there. EA does miss very obvious things. I tried to edit a vacation home in the hood without a Sim and there was no way to save the changes. Save said to go to edit town, and edit town is an unavailable option. :wacko:

Before you do a lot on that house I would be sure you can move it to the bin to then shift and place in another hood. Better safe than sorry.

#9 Sisquoc976

Friendly Townie

• 553 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

My female Sim bought a vacation home in France, however... if I send the husband there by himself, he cannot use the home as base camp. The only time it can be used by him is if she goes with him. So, once his Visa level was high enough, I had him buy his own home.
Nobody said life would be a picnic, but that doesn't mean we can't have one!
* Member of S3HBAA *

Visit my mini site Midnight Rose

#10 Moza

Sugar Dodger!

• 8,460 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

They have a deed in their inventory, similar to buying into businesses. I wonder if you could pass that over to him, and allow him to stay there?
Atlas Sims - Bringing Sims 1 to Sims 3

Platinum Simmers

#11 jobo511

Just Registered

• 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

Thanks everyone!
Is anyone else having trouble getting to or from that plot of land in Egypt in the middle of the river?

#12 chris_3413

Social Bunny

• 1,055 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

I do love the cheat to be able to fix lots from live mode. I just redid the base camp in China, adding missing railings, a missing bed, etc. I also added some wallpaper missing at a park when my Sim was there. EA does miss very obvious things. I tried to edit a vacation home in the hood without a Sim and there was no way to save the changes. Save said to go to edit town, and edit town is an unavailable option. :wacko:

Before you do a lot on that house I would be sure you can move it to the bin to then shift and place in another hood. Better safe than sorry.

There is a way to edit vacation towns without cheating.
I dont know how many people have noticed, but when you go into Edit Town mode while in your home hood there are 3 semi-transparent, grey icons in the upper left corner of the screen, each representing one of the vacation towns.. if you click on one of them the game will then ask if your sure you want to edit Shang Simla for example, click that and it loads up the vacation town of choice in edit town mode and you can make whatever alterations you see fit and fix all those lazy EA omissions :)
Black Holes are where God divided by zero

#13 daisylee

• 7,367 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:46 AM

That does not work for me. I have switched to China twice that way and tried to edit a lot without a Sim there and each time was unable to save the changes. Is there something I am missing? My game says I have to go back to edit town to save the lot, and then I get a popup that it is not an available option. :wacko:

#14 Sisquoc976

Friendly Townie

• 553 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:24 AM

As far as I know, you have to be able to teleport to use that lot.

Thanks everyone!
Is anyone else having trouble getting to or from that plot of land in Egypt in the middle of the river?

Nobody said life would be a picnic, but that doesn't mean we can't have one!
* Member of S3HBAA *

Visit my mini site Midnight Rose

#15 chrisy2333

House Party Crasher

• 173 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

I think the lots save automatically. I went and added cribs to all the unoccupied homes in the three vacation hoods so the locals can procreate (using AM story driver). There wasn't a save option but after leaving and coming back all my modifications were in place.

#16 evi

Greek Dinosaur

• 655 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:55 PM

TeeHee Chris -

Check out the Fig Tree House in Egypt. This is one of the pre-made vacation houses that come with the game.

The back bedroom has NO door so you can not use this room at all.

EA REALLY needs some Beta Testers!!!!! These "mistakes" are just Lazy! How can a company do such stupid things when "we" house creators take hours testing our homes?

I have not tried a vacation home yet. I have started building an Egypt Vacation House but building it in one of the Original Hoods. I hope that it will save correctly and can be used by one of my Sims as a vacation house in "her" Egypt.

I know exactly wjhat you mean Mappam:D This is why I built my own vacational home to make my sims life easier!

Attached Files

#17 daisylee

• 7,367 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

Beautiful house!

:rah:

Are you uploading it?

#18 mappam

Alien Abductee

• 3,110 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:21 AM

Oh Evi I love it! Great job.

Have you submitted it (yet)?

Can you save the homes you build in the vacation hoods to the bin for submitting - like normal hoods? I have not reached lvl 3 visa yet so I can't try. I did build a home (vacation) for France and one for Egypt - but both were built in an original hood.

I have Not tried placing them into the respective countries (yet) and started to wonder about the lot sizes - eeekkk - I hope they fit somewhere lol.
Huggs - Oma Pam - I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

S2HBAA, S3HBAA & TSRAA Member

Mappam's MiniSite

#19 demon_puppy

House Party Crasher

• 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:22 AM

I vaguely remember a mod where you dont need level three to buy a vaction house. Does anyone know where I can find it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users