Photo
- - - - -

Is it possible to make different colored eyes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroSlayer01

House Party Crasher

• 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hello everyone. When I went into bodyshop to try to recolor eyes, I found out that there was only one eye to recolor, and it affected both. You see, what I want to do is to make two eyes, one blue and one sort of green, blue, and brown, and I also want to make a pair of eyes where one is brown and the other is...well, empty. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm unable to do that.

Does anyone know a way around that? Or can link me to a tutorial where I'd be able to make an eye as a face make up or something? I tried downloading the cyborg eyes before, but they didn't work for me. They showed up in the create a sim, but in the game all it did was put a line across the eye, so clearly, that didn't work for me.

So I'm thinking of trying to make contacts or something if it's impossible to make eyes, but I'm not sure how to make the contacts either. I doubt they'd work as an accessory, so I'm thinking make up. can anyone help me out? Thanks ^^.

#2 cadiva

Simmer

• 186 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

You would have to make them as contacts yes and they would come under make up/face make up if I remember rightly. There are lots of tutorials all across the Simming community for things like this, you would probably find Mod the Sims' tutorial section helpful for creating this type of CC.
However, there isn't a way of making the two eyes (as contacts) different if I remember that correctly.
*I am not a smurf*

#3 ZeroSlayer01

House Party Crasher

• 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

So you mean that even if I do make contacts, I wouldn't be able to make two different colored eyes as contacts?

Ho hum...What about making just one eye, like those apparent 'cyborg' eyes on MTS. They didn't work for me, so I'm not so sure that it'll work, but I wonder.

#4 Moza

Sugar Dodger!

• 8,460 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:02 AM

Yes. As you would have seen when you tried recolouring eyes, both are mapped tot he same area of the texture.

I vaguely remember a custom contact lens on MTS, that may let you recolour just one eye, but it's a while since I saw it, and not something I ever downloaded, so can't give you any details on it.
Atlas Sims - Bringing Sims 1 to Sims 3

Platinum Simmers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users