- - - - -

Overwatch Mod?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiamondMeme

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

I installed the Overwatch mod to clean up my Sims 3 Late Night lagging. I seemed to have done everything correctly because the game has noticed a new Mod and I am seeing an option for NRass at City Hall.
Right when the game started it seemed to have clean up some vehicles (I got an alert) that were known by other people to be causing all the lagging. A lot of people recommended the mod to help with my lagging and I HAVE installed it correctly, but it STILL lags from time to time. It lags less frequently, but still lags enough to bother me.

Do I have to choose and option in-game for this to work correctly or should it start working anyway? I have only had this for a few hours, expecting it to work correctly right away. Unless the mod needs some time to do it's who-knows-what work it's doing, I still don't know what's going on with the lag nonetheless.

NOTE: I also did the "Data Execution Prevention" adding with the TS3 and S3Launcher prior to installing the mod (the DEP operation was supposed to help with the lagging, which it obviously didn't). I haven't reversed the operation yet but if this seems to be conflicting with the mod itself, please tell me so.

#2 daisylee

horsing about in Appaloosa

• 7,370 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

It runs behind the scenes at midnight each day was I recall. I have not had any lags using it. If you are still having problems with it, it would be best to post over at the forum hosting the mod.

#3 twallan1317599831

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 216 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

It lags less frequently, but still lags enough to bother me.

Overwatch does not correct *every* issue, just the ones that I have been able to track down. Most likely your lag is from a source that I have not encountered.

NOTE: I also did the "Data Execution Prevention" adding with the TS3 and S3Launcher prior to installing the mod (the DEP operation was supposed to help with the lagging, which it obviously didn't).

DEP is required to stop certain mods from crashing-to-desktop (you need it for my StoryProgression mod for instance).

It, on it's own, would have very little impact on lag.

Good Luck. :)
NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The ISZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users