The Sweet Legacy

Challenge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

I'd like to start off saying that this is my first try at a legacy. Please bare with me as my writing isn't as good as many of the more mature writers among this community. I'd like to have as much fun as possible with this, so thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!
---

Mr. and Mrs. Sweet decided it was the right time to send their daughter on her own. They had always held her back from leaving because they believed she would never come back. She has dreams, big dreams, and it seemed like just yesterday that Amberly had been brought into their lives.

She was adopted, left on their porch in a baby basket with a note that said "Take good care of my dear child, she is special."
Mr. and Mrs. Sweet could not bare children, for many years they tried, but failed. When Amberly was brought into their lives, they believed she must have been sent from the angels above.

She had eyes that they had never seen, violet colored.

As they waved goodbye, memories flashed through their head of Amberly as just a child, and they knew she would go far in whatever she decided to pursue.

The Sweet Legacy

Part 1

Amberly Sweet was finally on her own.

Her parents, she knew, loved her dearly, but she was now a full grown adult and ready to live on her own.

Moving to CaliSprings was the first check off her list, and finding a house was the second. She searched through the local newspaper and found a 5x5 lot up for grabs with a pre-built house for only fifteen thousand simoleons. It wasn't in the best shape, but nothing a little work couldn't fix.

Next she grabbed the newspaper and applied for a job in the culinary business, and was accepted as a dishwasher girl.

As soon as she set the newspaper back down, she heard the doorbell ring. "Rosemarie Boyle is the name, and who may you be?"

"Amberly, Amberly Sweet" she smiled. Rosemarie stared for a second and said, "Wow, gorgeous eyes you have their, I've never met someone with violet eyes before." Amberly blushed and then switched the topic about CaliSprings, and after a long chat, Amberly waved a goodnight to Rosemarie.

A nice steamy shower sounded nice, so Amberly took off her clothes, jumped into the warm water, and thought about what she planned to do next off her list. Adopt a pet? No, she decided she should wait until she had enough money for that. Find a man? Yes, that's what she knew she needed the most. A companion, a man, someone to be by her side, and to help her start her own family she always dreamed of.

Amberly hopped into bed for a well deserved nights rest. She knew it was just the beginning of the long adventure planned ahead.

#2 orangeninjamonkeyturtle

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

For a beginner, that was quite a good start. Keep it up(:

#3 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 393 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

great start!! looking forward to reading more. :)

#4 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback!
---

Part 2

The very next morning, Amberly woke up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the new day.

Her parents were still in the back of her mind. She knew that she had learned well from them, and that she will not be a disappointment to them.

Amberly decided, since her carpool wouldn't be picking her up until the late evening, that she should catch up on her reading. She grabbed a dusty book from the old bookshelf and started reading about "legacies". She had heard about legacies before in school, about how they were great accomplishments for families, and decided she'd want to give it a go.

Right away, she took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, and gussied up on the way out the door, to the taxi cab that had been honking for her to hurry up. She stopped the taxi at a community lot with a big sign planted in the front that read "Rodneys Hideout". The first thing she did was took a seat at the bar, and had a drink.

She turned around in her chair to notice a young, pale skinned, scruffy faced male playing a game of pool. Amberly had grown up playing pool with her father, which she honestly could admit, she was fairly good at. She walked over to the table and grabbed a stick, the man looked her up and down and said, "Ready to rumble?" With a smirk on her face, Amberly said, "Right on cowboy."

Although Amberly did loose the match, she didn't think much on the matter. Instead she found herself gazing into Houston's green eyes. They talked over by the bar up until she was forced to head home, to make it back for work.

It was a close call, barley making it back in time for the carpool.

Her work consisted of constant dish washing. The people there were all kind, but the job was hard work. After her shift completed and she was back home, she took a shower and got into bed, happy with her promotion to Drive Through Deliverer, and the new mystery man, Houston on her mind.

#5 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

The third update for today! I've been playing Sims 2 all day, so here it goes.
---

Part 3

Even with the latest promotion, Amberly, still didn't work until late in the evening. Having much time to spare, she bought a canvas and began to let her imagination run wild on the blank sheet of paper. This was helping her toward her creative skills she needed for work, and it ended up being rather enjoyable for her.

The phone began to ring, and she thought it was just the same pesky prank caller she had been getting for the last few days. She answered with a, "Don't call here! I've had enough of your games!" "Whoa, Amberly, it's me...Houston." Amberly paused for a second..and then her heart skipped a beat.

They talked for awhile, Amberly all smiles, and then she finally decided to invite him over to hang out until she had work.

As soon as she hung up the phone, she ran to the bathroom to gussy up. She had an attraction to this man, she didn't know why, but she liked the feeling so she wasn't complaining.

Houston came over, they chatted, flirted, and chatted some more. Amberly was happier than she had ever been, and Houston seemed just as happy. "Will I see you again?" said Houston. "I'm always here, unless I'm at work, so please stop by anytime." replied Amberly. "Your an amazing woman, and your eyes, there so beautiful.." he said as he gazed into them. Amberly paused and then said "Your a wonderful man, Houston, I think I'm falling for yo-" Houston pressed himself against her as they shared a moment of bliss.

Houston left, and Amberly couldn't get her mind off him. Even out the door on the way to her new job as a Drivethrough Deliverer, she still found herself lost in thought, daydreaming of the two of them together. "This must be love", Amberly whispered to herself.

Yet another long, hard day at work, and another promotion, Amberly was know known at work as "Fast Food Manager".

With the money flowing in from work, she was able to pay the bills when she got home, and buy some sweet green colored flooring and wallpaper for the bathroom, and yellow wallpaper with a neutral brown carpet for the main room.

It was time for bed once again, Amberly got into bed, and pulled the covers over herself. She was tired of sleeping alone, she wanted someone next to her, to keep her company. She wanted Houston.

#6 orangeninjamonkeyturtle

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

Wow, I'll definetly be following this story. I'm looking forward to reading more! ^_^

#7 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

:) Sorry the updates are so short, they WILL get longer.
---

Part 4

The next day rolled around, and conveniently Amberly had the day off from work.

She went through the normal routine of waking up everyday, and had the motivation to finish her first piece of art work. Being a beginner, her work wasn't worth much, and she sold it online for forty-five simoleons. Just enough to pay the bills for next month, so she was happy.

After much thought into whether or not to invite Houston over for breakfast, she finally decided there were more pros then cons. Even though, making the first move wasn't what she wanted, she knew Houston was a tad shy and needed the extra help.

When Houston arrived he greeted her with a kiss, which Amberly gladly accepted. They then walked inside to have some cereal which she had already set out for the two of them. "Houston." said Amberly while keeping her face planted to the floor.

Houston looked up from his bowl to find a box, and an engament ring was what he found inside it. With Amberly excited to see Houston's reaction, Houston jumped up in joy.

They hugged, and Amberly took Houston's hand and lead him to her brand new double bed, where they were able to have some fun.

Amberly realized she wasn't alone any longer, laying right next to her, was the love of her life.

#8 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Trying to catch up, got a little farther in the game then my writing. :P
---

Part 5

Their new life together was on to the start of a good life forever. Amberly and Houston loved each other more than anyone could imagine. They were inseparable, the only time they were found not together, was when they were forced to leave each others side to go to work. No doubt, they both loved their jobs, Amberly was now a Official Hostess, and she liked getting away for a few hours and boss people around at work, but she also loved the feeling of returning home to her new hubby. Not much money coming from her, but Houston on the other hand, he made bank as a Famous Astronaut. Amberly had never asked Houston about his job and expected that he did something great, but never imagined to be marrying someone like him. She loved the idea of it, but it just came as a shock when she found out.

With money from both salaries, they were able to buy a few needed furniture around the house including a telescope, which they placed outside. Amberly was getting very tired of the gray covered building so they both decided to paint the outside of their house to be more homier.

It was winter, Amberly hated the winter..she was always was more of the summer type of person. But Houston just couldn't get enough. He'd come home, greet Amberly with a kiss, change out of his uniform and into something more fit for the winter, and start making snow angels.

Amberly hadn't been feeling well. Every time she'd sit down for a bowl of cereal, she'd have to run and puke it all up in the bathroom. Even after work, she'd find herself sprinting inside barley making it into the toilet. She had a hint of what might be going on, but she didn't know for sure, so she decided to wait on it to tell Houston. She was sure he'd be happy if she was pregnant, he'd asked her about it on multiple occasions. Her being the Family sim and him the Knowledge sim, she'd giggle to herself when he seemed more into the whole idea of having children then she was. Of course she wanted children, but wanted to wait..go traveling first. And, they weren't even married yet, but Amberly knew that didn't matter. She loved him and he loved her, they'd get married when the time came.

Soon enough one night, Amberly and Houston had gone to bed after a long hard work day. She woke up feeling a weird, tingling sensation within her lower abdomen. She hopped out of bed and yes she was correct, she was sure enough pregnant.

The next morning, Amberly was the first to wake up, so she went to the couch to watch some TV while she waited for Houston to get up so she could tell him the big news. "Amberly.." Houston whispered "Your pregnant!" Amberly just looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "Come here, Amber" he said. Amber was what he called Amberly every so often, usually when he was in the shock or surprised state of mind. He reached down and rubbed her belly. "Amber, were going to be parents" he said as he smiled and looked up at her. "Yes we are, you aren't upset I didn't tell you, right?" He thought about it for a quick second, and yes he was a bit upset, but it didn't matter to him. Houston shook his head no, and just smiled and kissed her soft lips.

That night, all Houston could do was lay in bed and smile. He thought about how blessed he was with Amberly and a new child on the way. It was close to how he felt when he knew it was going to be his first day as an Astronaut, he couldn't sleep. To much excitement and thought was running through his mind. He had a great life, and nothing was going to get in between that, nothing.

#9 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Part 6

Being fully pregnant didn't stop Amberly from keeping up with the house. While Houston was off at work she cleaned the toilet, scrubbed the kitchen floor, dusted the windows, and straightened up their bed. It actually boosted her mood, and when Houston came home all she wanted to do was spend as much time with him as possible. Of course he didn't complain one bit.

Houston had the day off so he was in the living room watching TV and Amberly just about to scramble up lunch for the two of them, when she felt an intense sharp pain. "Houston, it's time!" she screamed. "Okay, okay...breath in...breath out" he said to her. Soon enough a baby girl was in her arms.

"Autumn..." she cooed. Houston and her had discussed that if they had a girl they would name her Autumn and a boy Alex.

"She's beautiful, looks like a replica of you Amber" Houston smiled as he looked over his new baby girl. "She's got your brown hair, violet eyes, and skin tone."

Later that evening, after Autumn was fed, changed, and loved Autumn placed her in her crib in their room for a nap.

"Houston, we should get married..right here..right now in our bedroom, just the two of us" she said to him excitedly. "I mean we have Autumn now, we have responsibilities, and not to many friends. We don't need a huge wedding, just the two of us together is good enough for me. What do you say?" "Yes, I love you Amber, I'll do anything to please you. I hope you know that" he grabbed her and gave her a kiss.

Amberly dressed in her formal outfit and changed her hair up a little for the special occasion, and Houston in his suit. "Do you, Houston Hargar, take me as your loftily wedded wife, to have and to hold till death do us part" "Yes, and do you, Amberly Sweet, take me as your loftily wedded husband, to have and to hold till death do us part" said Houston. "Of course I do, now kiss me" she smiled. So Houston kissed his new wife, and they embraced in a tight hug.

"I will love you forever, Mr. Houston Sweet" Amberly smiled at him. "I love you, too the moon and back, Mrs. Amberly Sweet" Houston smirked.

#10 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

Been a while since I last updated...it's a pretty short update.
---

Part 7

Each and every new day was better then the previous for Amberly. She's in love with her life and there's nothing more she could ask for.

Autumn was so easy on both Amberly and Houston. The baby would only cry if she was hungry and never whined when she was given a bath.

The days rolled by and soon enough it was Autumn's birthday. Autumn was know a beautiful toddler.

#11 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey guys, I haven't updated in a few months but I'm hoping I will be able to start this up again. I'm pretty far ahead in the game from were I left off with this writing. Stay tuned! :-)

#12 Sazorleaf

Team Mascot

• 41 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'd like to close this thread as I am starting a new legacy. I tried to catch up with this one but i'm to far ahead and don't have enough pictures.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Challenge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users