- - - - -

Post RigFix Issues Here

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#1 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Please note that this thread is solely for issues about the RigFix tool. If you are having a general problem with your custom content (doesn't show up in-game, etc.), please make a new thread about it. Any issues posted in this thread that are not related directly to RigFix will be moved.

Before posting, please read over this FAQ to see if your question is in here already.

What is RigFix meant to fix in my game?

Items with slots, such as countertops, coffee tables, bathtubs, dining tables, couches, chairs, etc. Objects, in other words. If your custom content is clothing, hair, makeup, patterns, accessories, etc., you do not need to run RigFix on these items.

If you run RigFix and receive the message: (x) items are encrypted or in use and cannot be fixed, that's okay. Those are either store items, or items that don't need to be fixed such as clothing, hair, etc.

RigFix will work on both .sims3pack files and .package files. You do not need to run RigFix on your mods/hacks.

I can't find a granny2.dll to make RigFix work.

There is one in this thread. Please download and install to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Resource\TSR RigFix when the program gives you the prompt that there is no granny2.dll installed. Then continue running the program.

I'm having a problem with the program.

Please tell us exactly which step you were on when you got stuck. If the program gave you an error, please also tell us exactly what the error says. That will help us troubleshoot more efficiently.

I'm on a Mac, will this program work for me?

Unfortunately, no. However, all items on TSR have been run through RigFix to make them compatible with the Pets Patch level. Please re-download them.

If you have downloaded an item after November 17th that is still not working, please use the report button to notify us so that it can be fixed.
  • phoenix49, missnataliexoxo and lime22 like this
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#2 luis313

• 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:03 AM

Hi!
sorry about my english, im a mexican, i will try to explain my problem as correct as i can..
well

my problem is the custom content..i can't use it because it crashes my game while i change the clothes of my sims...so..i quit the CC and the game works again..now the problem is. I HAVE NOT CUSTOM CONTENT!! that's not good..well i've read the problem, and it says in the home page that i need to do some things in the game because the new update/expansion had fails with the custom content...so my problem is the next one... i cannot fix my games or my custom content.. why? i dont know, but i follow the steps and it fails in STEP 2.2
i got different DLL's from everywhere and still without work..
¿can someone help me? please?

Probably data needed:
All the Ts3 expansions
everything is UP to date on the game...

Thank you so much for your help!

#3 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

my problem is the custom content..i can't use it because it crashes my game while i change the clothes of my sims...so..i quit the CC and the game works again..now the problem is. I HAVE NOT CUSTOM CONTENT!! that's not good..well i've read the problem, and it says in the home page that i need to do some things in the game because the new update/expansion had fails with the custom content...so my problem is the next one... i cannot fix my games or my custom content.. why? i dont know, but i follow the steps and it fails in STEP 2.2
i got different DLL's from everywhere and still without work..
Can someone help me? please?

Hi Luis,

RigFix is meant to fix objects in the game, not sims' clothing. Even if you run it successfully, if the problem is a bad piece of clothing, you're still out of luck.

In any case, when you have a piece of custom content crashing your game and you don't know which one it is, it's a good idea to remove all CC and add it back a few pieces at a time until you find the bad item. Slow, but it works.

come visit.

#4 gioiella

Just Registered

• 1 posts
  • LocationSofia,Bulgaria

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

I can't fix my game..uh... can't select dcdb0/1/2/3....dbc files with "TSR Rigfix" :unsure:

#5 SpandexKnickers

• 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Hello everyone,

When TSR first posted the Rig Fix I immediately updated all my cc and I had no problems at all.

Two days ago, I cleaned my cache files and ran the Rig Fix as when I went to play the game, items were not being placed on top of tables. Anyways, After I ran the Rigfix, the game is odd as ever. Sinks are not showing up. And a few other minor things are going on. My question is, have I done something wrong? I did get an EA game update recently and clicked on it, so I am wondering if that may have been an issue also?

Please advise.

I am so tired, of cancelling games and homes that I built only to start over after fixing something new.

Nothing I spend this amount of money on should be this tiresome. I am literally drained from trying to fix things in Sims games.
  • themama likes this

#6 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I can't fix my game..uh... can't select dcdb0/1/2/3....dbc files with "TSR Rigfix" :unsure:

Does RigFix stop working when you get to this point, or do you get an error?

Two days ago, I cleaned my cache files and ran the Rig Fix as when I went to play the game, items were not being placed on top of tables. Anyways, After I ran the Rigfix, the game is odd as ever. Sinks are not showing up. And a few other minor things are going on. My question is, have I done something wrong? I did get an EA game update recently and clicked on it, so I am wondering if that may have been an issue also?

Which sinks aren't showing up? Sinks from TSR? Other sites? Which tables are having slotting issues? And what, few, other minor things are going on? It would be hard to say if you specifically have done anything wrong without knowing all of that first.

Would you also post your current patch level? I'm curious as to what EA game update you might have gotten. Origin tried to update itself recently, but I haven't seen a new patch via launcher since the original Pets patch.
  • SpandexKnickers likes this

come visit.

#7 SpandexKnickers

• 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Does RigFix stop working when you get to this point, or do you get an error?

Which sinks aren't showing up? Sinks from TSR? Other sites? Which tables are having slotting issues? And what, few, other minor things are going on? It would be hard to say if you specifically have done anything wrong without knowing all of that first.

All of my sinks. I know for a fact that one of the sinks I got from a site other than TSR, but it was working before I cleared all my caches. The CC tables and desks won't let me place stuff. Now I went and deleted Granny and TSR RigFix and re installed them both and it won't even load the DC files into Rigfix. So I just closed the game and decided to not play until this is sorted out.

Would you also post your current patch level? I'm curious as to what EA game update you might have gotten. Origin tried to update itself recently, but I haven't seen a new patch via launcher since the original Pets patch.

I am using all EPs and Games. I am patched up to 10.0.96.013001

Thank you so much for responding. I have never gotten a response regarding my issues before. I really appreciate the time you took to do this.

#8 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

All of my sinks. I know for a fact that one of the sinks I got from a site other than TSR, but it was working before I cleared all my caches. The CC tables and desks won't let me place stuff. Now I went and deleted Granny and TSR RigFix and re installed them both and it won't even load the DC files into Rigfix. So I just closed the game and decided to not play until this is sorted out.

I am using all EPs and Games. I am patched up to 10.0.96.013001

Thank you so much for responding. I have never gotten a response regarding my issues before. I really appreciate the time you took to do this.

Okay. Your patch level is at the Pets Patch. I'm still not quite understanding why the game tried to get you to update again, but oh well.

Two things:

1) Please tell us, specifically, which sinks you downloaded from TSR that don't work in your game so that I or another staff member can download them and test them out.

2) When you say "Rigfix won't even load the DC files," do you get an error? Does the program freeze? What happens?

come visit.

#9 mokapoka

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I am wondering where "post 220" is for the .dll file for granny2 is? Thank you.

#10 SpandexKnickers

• 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

All u have to do is google granny2dll. I did the first day and downloaded without a problem.

@ Spladoum. Hun neither do I. The Pop up came and I clicked yes.

Also, I will have to spend the day and check to see what I downloaded from TSR as I have 3228 of CC from various places. Finding what came from where is going to be trial, one I am not fond of. I am not good at screen shots, but I will try to figure out how to make it easier for you to understand when I say ALL of my sinks, are failing.

The Rig Fix does not crash, it just does not load the DC files. I get no error messages at all. Trust me when I say, on October 22nd when TSR posted that link above their page, I followed the steps and everything worked perfectly. My comments on the day are still there under my name.

These issues have started AFTER Saturday when I cleaned out my Cache files an ran Rig Fix again.
  • billbailey94 likes this

#11 mokapoka

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Its all good and dandy to just type in granny2dll and try and find the right one its another thing to actually get it working. This makes me really want to quit this game :(. Congratzie to ppl who have the know how and understanding of computers to find this rather "easy", but to those who aren't its very frustrating. I've got a headache from all this reading. I have downloaded the Granny Crowd thing but when I restarted my computer the granny2 file still didn't show up. How do you find "post 220" that I keep reading about. I'm sure I'll calm down...eventually. ;)
  • trull likes this

#12 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

@ Spladoum. Hun neither do I. The Pop up came and I clicked yes.

Also, I will have to spend the day and check to see what I downloaded from TSR as I have 3228 of CC from various places. Finding what came from where is going to be trial, one I am not fond of. I am not good at screen shots, but I will try to figure out how to make it easier for you to understand when I say ALL of my sinks, are failing.

The Rig Fix does not crash, it just does not load the DC files. I get no error messages at all. Trust me when I say, on October 22nd when TSR posted that link above their page, I followed the steps and everything worked perfectly. My comments on the day are still there under my name.

These issues have started AFTER Saturday when I cleaned out my Cache files an ran Rig Fix again.

You can see exactly what you've downloaded from TSR if you go to the main page, click the Downloads tab, and click "Downloads History."

I'm really not sure what to do concerning your bad sinks--this is definitely a new one on me and I don't think it's RigFix related. I will, however, make sure that the programmers hear about the failure to load DCCache files as others seem to be having that issue as well.

In the meantime, could you try making a vanilla game folder, and seeing if your CC (sinks, tables) work correctly there? All you need to do to play a vanilla game is rename your Electronics Arts folder to something else (you can rename it Electronics Arts real, for example) and start your Launcher. The Launcher will create a brand new folder with no CC, and you can check out sinks and tables and everything else in there. If your vanilla game runs correctly, we can troubleshoot further to try to isolate your issue.
  • SpandexKnickers likes this

come visit.

#13 SpandexKnickers

• 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

You are an absolute Star for the advice Spaldoum. I will do this on the weekend and let you know if I am successful.

Cheers

#14 jheyjuneice

• 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

You said that clothing and hair and stuff don't need to be fixed right? Well once i updated my game most of it just vanished even though it's still in my downloads folder. So I've tried the fix and it didn't show up still, I'm not really sure if the other stuff got fixed like objects and that, I didn't really notice anything but I'm trying the fix again but selecting the files and folders don't work. It doesn't load the files, just stays blank.

#15 Honung

• 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

I don't know if my problem is really the same as the one of the others - when I start step 2.3 nothing is showing up in the menue. I can select files in the explorer, there are three of it: dcdb0, dcdb1 and dcdb2, but after opening it, nothing happens, no list of cc, no error, the window just remains blank.
Maybe you have an idea, how I can fix this? I got windows 7 and the pets patch is installed

Thank you
  • BelleMorte likes this

#16 SpandexKnickers

• 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

So, I went back to my current lot that I am using and furnishing at the moment, and placed an EA Game counter and tried all the sinks on top of it. They all worked :blink: Yet when I go to my laundry room where I am using a cc counter and in my kitchen which is all Shino KCR counters, none of the sinks would place. So, I am surmising that it's to do with the CC counters, and not the sinks.

So, is EA trying to dissuade us from using CC that's not theirs? :angry: SO I am going to not add a sink in the kitchen and use EA counters in the laundry room.

Oh and the PCs and Laptops are not able to be placed on any cc desks except those from EA. :huh:

#17 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

So, I went back to my current lot that I am using and furnishing at the moment, and placed an EA Game counter and tried all the sinks on top of it. They all worked :blink: Yet when I go to my laundry room where I am using a cc counter and in my kitchen which is all Shino KCR counters, none of the sinks would place. So, I am surmising that it's to do with the CC counters, and not the sinks.

So, is EA trying to dissuade us from using CC that's not theirs? :angry: SO I am going to not add a sink in the kitchen and use EA counters in the laundry room.

Oh and the PCs and Laptops are not able to be placed on any cc desks except those from EA. :huh:

Just to reiterate ... the Pets-level official patch does correctly slot EA furniture for the use of pets, and it does this at the expense of user-made content. This is the point at which you would be using RigFix to repair your objects. EA is not necessarily trying to break your content, but it is what it is.

In any case. If you already know that you can't use ShinoKCR's countertops and your custom desks, you have two options: either attempt to use RigFix again to repair them, or re-download the items that you got here at TSR, uninstall what's in your game right now, and re-install the new items. The vast majority of objects here on site have already been retroactively fixed and you should be able to use them with no issues in a Pets-patched game.

For everyone who is reporting that RigFix isn't picking up the DCCache files, we've reported the issue to the programmers. We'll get back to you as soon as we have an answer.

come visit.

#18 magdalene

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

I don't know if my problem is really the same as the one of the others - when I start step 2.3 nothing is showing up in the menue. I can select files in the explorer, there are three of it: dcdb0, dcdb1 and dcdb2, but after opening it, nothing happens, no list of cc, no error, the window just remains blank.
Maybe you have an idea, how I can fix this? I got windows 7 and the pets patch is installed

Thank you

I have the same problem. None of my dcbd files load.

#19 rachael6262010

Just Registered

• 20 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Hello, I was able to fix the DCbackup and DCcache, but when I do to to the simpacks in the download folder I get this error. " exception of type 'sytem.outof memoryexception' was thrown" can't seem to find the original post for the RigFix.

#20 Darlene5383

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I am having a hard time running the TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer to update my CC. I've tried to get the Granny2.dll file from several sites, but it just won't work. Does anyone know the best (and safest) web site to download this file, and where do I save it so the Bug Fixer program can find it? THANKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users