Post RigFix Issues Here

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#21 rachael6262010

Just Registered

• 20 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

So I have another question, If I download content from other sites before 10/27/11, Do I have to continue to run the RigFix? Don't know if that was stated or not.

Thanks,

#22 linegud

Simmer

• 214 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

I have the same problem. None of my dcbd files load.

I also have this problem..... Is there a solution yet?
Posted Image

#23 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

For everyone who posted that their DCCache files do not load:

I spoke with one of the site programmers. While they haven't isolated the issue that causes this to happen, they did assure me that RigFix should work regardless. If you find that the DCCache files do not load, select your "Downloads" folder instead (and next your Mods/Packages folder if you have objects that are in .package format as well) and continue using the program.

Please note that you will need to reinstall your .s3packs if you cannot get RigFix to load your DCCache files.

Let us know if you have additional issues/questions.
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#24 BelleMorte

Just Registered

• 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

I went to go and convert my items, following the instructions on the webpage, but when I do the 'Choose File(s)" for the .dbc they don't come up in the bin, I'll select them all and hit open but they don't come up, what do I do?

#25 dangn

• 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:33 AM

i deleted my saved game and world, then reinstalled sim3 till pet version with lastest updated patch 1.26... TSR rig fix at first worked well for all my Mods package files and downloaded sim3 pack files but my game loading so slow, it took almost 1 or 2 hours to load... even i cut down my CC to more than 1200 items. actually i have more than 3500 items i kept for years... living room, kitchen or bath sets... seemed functioned wrongly... not only beds section ... how to remedy this problem?

#26 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:12 AM

I went to go and convert my items, following the instructions on the webpage, but when I do the 'Choose File(s)" for the .dbc they don't come up in the bin, I'll select them all and hit open but they don't come up, what do I do?

Please read post 23 for directions on how to proceed.

i deleted my saved game and world, then reinstalled sim3 till pet version with lastest updated patch 1.26... TSR rig fix at first worked well for all my Mods package files and downloaded sim3 pack files but my game loading so slow, it took almost 1 or 2 hours to load... even i cut down my CC to more than 1200 items. actually i have more than 3500 items i kept for years... living room, kitchen or bath sets... seemed functioned wrongly... not only beds section ... how to remedy this problem?

It sounds as though you have two different issues going on here. A slow-loading game is probably related to the 1200-3500+ CC items you have in your game. As for your other problem, if you could be more specific about how your living room/kitchen/bath sets are functioning wrongly, it'll be easier to determine whether your issue is related to RigFix or not.

come visit.

#27 thesorceress

Team Mascot

• 129 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

First forgive me if this problem has been adressed before but i can't find the search option anywhere :rolleyes:

Ok my RigFix problem is that when i select files they don't show in the RigFix program.
I click the files click open then that window goes away and nothing happens.

I have Windows 7, downloaded the latest version of the RigFix program and have the Granny file from here too. That seem to work just fine.

Can anyone help me out please :)

#28 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

First forgive me if this problem has been adressed before but i can't find the search option anywhere :rolleyes:

Ok my RigFix problem is that when i select files they don't show in the RigFix program.
I click the files click open then that window goes away and nothing happens.

I have Windows 7, downloaded the latest version of the RigFix program and have the Granny file from here too. That seem to work just fine.

Can anyone help me out please :)

The search option is at the top right of the screen, it's a white box that says "search."

In answer to your question, does RigFix not load your DCCache/DCBackup files, or is it also not loading your .s3packs/package files as well?

come visit.

#29 thesorceress

Team Mascot

• 129 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

Thank you for responding :)
No it isn't loading .s3packs/package files either

p.s. i attached a print screen, i must be blind as a bat but i don't see the search option :blink:

EDIT: after i changed to another theme the search part does show up, just not at the TSR theme, i've set it to IP.Board and now it does show :D

Attached Files

#30 xidominoxi

• 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Ok can't edit my last post. I have found a granny file that seems to be working but RigFix wont load anything, the convert box stays empty.

#31 thesorceress

Team Mascot

• 129 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Ok can't edit my last post. I have found a granny file that seems to be working but RigFix wont load anything, the convert box stays empty.

Same problem as mine :(
Hope someone can tell us how to fix it ;)

#32 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Bloomsie, your posts are not really related to RigFix as much as individual CC items crashing your game. I've made you your own thread, so please post in there going forward.

For everyone else who is having problems with getting RigFix to recognize their files, I've reported the issue back to the programmers.

come visit.

#33 thesorceress

Team Mascot

• 129 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:46 PM

Thank you Spladoum :)
I hope they'll come up with a solution soon.

#34 christielovesyou

• 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Sorry if someone else has already had this problem sorted for them.

I've got the granny2.dll file in the right place, and it is the right one, but for some reason, RigFix isn't showing me the "found granny" message. Why isn't it being recognised? Also, the DCCache file (dcdb0.dbc), when I try and add it, nothing happens (nothing shows up).

I'm getting really distressed because I downloaded so much CC on Sunday (almost all clothes and hair) and none of it's showing up, as it's the first lot of stuff I've downloaded since the patch update. Sooo frustrating, I just want to use it already! :(

#35 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

Christie, per the first post:

What is RigFix meant to fix in my game?

Items with slots, such as countertops, coffee tables, bathtubs, dining tables, couches, chairs, etc. Objects, in other words. If you run RigFix and receive the message: (x) items are encrypted or in use and cannot be fixed, that's okay! Those are either store items, or items that don't need to be fixed such as clothing, hair, makeup, patterns, accessories, etc.

If your downloads are almost all "clothes and hair," you should not be running the RigFix tool on those items. If you're having problems with installing clothes and hair, we need to know specifically which items those are.

come visit.

#36 christielovesyou

• 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

Christie, per the first post:

What is RigFix meant to fix in my game?

Items with slots, such as countertops, coffee tables, bathtubs, dining tables, couches, chairs, etc. Objects, in other words. If you run RigFix and receive the message: (x) items are encrypted or in use and cannot be fixed, that's okay! Those are either store items, or items that don't need to be fixed such as clothing, hair, makeup, patterns, accessories, etc.

If your downloads are almost all "clothes and hair," you should not be running the RigFix tool on those items. If you're having problems with installing clothes and hair, we need to know specifically which items those are.

Well, I also downloaded a table and chair set which isn't showing up. I'm guessing that's a problem with this, so I still need a hand.

I shall create a new thread and see if anyone can help me work out why my new clothes and hairs are missing.

#37 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

Well, I also downloaded a table and chair set which isn't showing up. I'm guessing that's a problem with this, so I still need a hand.

I shall create a new thread and see if anyone can help me work out why my new clothes and hairs are missing.

Actually, it's not. RigFix is meant to fix broken slots on objects and surfaces. Items not showing up in game is a different problem altogether.

I'll try to help you further in your other thread.

come visit.

#38 xidominoxi

• 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

I redownloaded rigfix incase there was some kind of error the first time I downloaded and tryed it. The same as before when I follow step 2.3 DCCache the convert box still stays blank. I then decided to instead of clicking on choose file I clicked on choose folder and went to my DCCache and everything loaded up with no problems. Doe's it make a diffrence if I use choose file or choose folder or will both fix my cc? I havent tried to fix anything yet.

#39 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Shouldn't make a difference. All you want is for the files to load so that the RigFix can get to them.

come visit.

#40 xidominoxi

• 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Shouldn't make a difference. All you want is for the files to load so that the RigFix can get to them.

Thanks for the reply, I've backed all my files up anyway so I'll give it a go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users