- - - - -

Post RigFix Issues Here

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#41 Ladywhatshername

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

I found a useful link but the MODS took it down????Didn't even tell me why. I don't understand since you NEED this!!

http://www.mediafire...1ra544gbde28z6d

Dear Mods...please don't remove this.

#42 thesorceress

Team Mascot

• 129 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

I had a problem with the Rigfixer not loading the files i opened.
Before you ask for help test a file that you know is an objectfile and not one from The store ore one that is allready fixed of course.

Support told me this and when i did it the file did show up :D

This is the whole message:
Check which version of the grannyfile you have? (hover above it with your mouse, that will give the version number). Version 2.5.0.11 or newer will be good. If you have an old version, it's possible you get errors.

Also please make sure that the files you are trying to convert contain objects. When you have a DCCache file that only contains hair, clothing, make-up or accessories, nothing will show up. Also fences and roofs will not show up. EA store items also don't show up, since those are patched by EA. If you're not sure your DCCache files contain objects, you can also try opening a sims3pack file in the rigfix from which you're sure it is an object.

Also make sure you have the Grannyfile in the Rigfixer folder ánd in the Crowded Scene folder.
It should work fine then :D

#43 Nay_99

Just Registered

• 9 posts
  • LocationOrange, Australia

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hi I'm updating my content. I started with version 1.06 I think of the fixer. I got the out of memory error so I got the new version. Then it wouldn't show my files from the DcCache but I found going choose folder instead of choose file made the files show up. I don't quite know what that means but thought I'd post it in case it helps someone. Fingers crossed that I can fix all my content!!!
~~~Firedingo

A Journey of A Thousand Miles Begins With The First Step.
~Confucius

#44 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi I'm updating my content. I started with version 1.06 I think of the fixer. I got the out of memory error so I got the new version. Then it wouldn't show my files from the DcCache but I found going choose folder instead of choose file made the files show up. I don't quite know what that means but thought I'd post it in case it helps someone. Fingers crossed that I can fix all my content!!!

Per the programmers, when DCCache files don't show up, it means that that particular .cache file is items that RigFix doesn't need to fix, such as your clothes and hair and makeup and patterns. If you select your individual object files instead, the program will read those.

It sounds like you shouldn't have a problem fixing your content, though. :)
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#45 Nay_99

Just Registered

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Edit: Even with the new version I still get the system.outofmemoryException error on the DCcache though everything seems to be completing fine. May have more edits coming.
~~~Firedingo

~Confucius

#46 Nay_99

Just Registered

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Edit: Even with the new version I still get the system.outofmemoryException error on the DCcache though everything seems to be completing fine. May have more edits coming.

Edit: I got to the end of the guide. All seems fine though I didn't see anything about content that's introduced as .package files. Do we need to select the mods folder like we did with the sims3packs folder?
~~~Firedingo

~Confucius

#47 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Per the first post:

What is RigFix meant to fix in my game?

Items with slots, such as countertops, coffee tables, bathtubs, dining tables, couches, chairs, etc. Objects, in other words. If your custom content is clothing, hair, makeup, patterns, accessories, etc., you do not need to run RigFix on these items.

If you run RigFix and receive the message: (x) items are encrypted or in use and cannot be fixed, that's okay. Those are either store items, or items that don't need to be fixed such as clothing, hair, etc.

RigFix will work on both .sims3pack files and .package files. You do not need to run RigFix on your mods/hacks.

come visit.

#48 Nay_99

Just Registered

• 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Per the first post:

Thanks!!!!!
~~~Firedingo

~Confucius

#49 phoenix49

Just Registered

• 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:34 AM

Please keep me informed of a "fix" for the Rigfix, especially the granny2.dll file 2009 that cannot be found ANYWHERE! I just got my new computer, installed all sims 3, including sims 3 pets, and now have found out that i cant even play it because of a common file that every game should have, but apparently does not (NOT THE 2009 ONE ANYWAY!) I'm so very FRUSTRATED that EA didnt have that fixed from the very start! Please help me get the file, or find a way around it without d/l virus's. Thank You!

Phoenix49
  • trull likes this

#50 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:47 AM

Phoenix,

Please check post 41.

come visit.

#51 Rhendera

• 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

I'm experiencing the same problems. I'm trying to upload a new house but the TSR tool keeps telling me I still have items which arent fixed. my problem: Rigfixer doesn't really work, I have the right DLL (it's above 2.5) But it wont let me patch the DCCache Files, I've tried to just patch the whole folder but I still get the error. Continued on to the downloads and it says it works, but the uploader still gives me errors. This whole thing is giving me a headache, and wish there was a easy way to fix all of this. The Patcher doesn't give me the notification that it has found the granny file, while it is in the folder, and the right version.

.. So anyone any ideas? =(

#52 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

I'm experiencing the same problems. I'm trying to upload a new house but the TSR tool keeps telling me I still have items which arent fixed. my problem: Rigfixer doesn't really work, I have the right DLL (it's above 2.5) But it wont let me patch the DCCache Files, I've tried to just patch the whole folder but I still get the error. Continued on to the downloads and it says it works, but the uploader still gives me errors. This whole thing is giving me a headache, and wish there was a easy way to fix all of this. The Patcher doesn't give me the notification that it has found the granny file, while it is in the folder, and the right version.

.. So anyone any ideas? =(

These are actually two separate issues: running RigFix, and uploading errors. I can only help on the RigFix end. You will need to send a support ticket about the upload problems.

The RigFix tool will only give you the notification that it has found the granny2.dll if you got it from the crowd scene demo. If you put it in manually, that notice doesn't show.

Per your post, when you kept following directions, you were able to successfully convert your downloads files, but not your DCCache folder. Have you tried the "choose file" option instead of "choose folder"?

come visit.

#53 x1wingedpianoplayer

• 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I'm getting this problem: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."

I'm trying to convert files in my Windows PC, since I have my TS3 installed on a Mac.

#54 Murano

TSR Support Staff

• 982 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Do I understand this correctly, this error message appears when you try to open RigFix on a Windows machine?

#55 xSorrowsBlade

• 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I can't find a granny2.dll to make RigFix work.

There is one in this thread. Please download and install to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims Resource\TSR RigFix when the program gives you the prompt that there is no granny2.dll installed. Then continue running the program.

Where is the link?

#56 xSorrowsBlade

• 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Where is the link?

Eeep! Im sorry! (TO POST #50)
I downloaded the file in post # 41
but the pop-up in step 2.2 does'nt
pop up! Please Help.

#57 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Eeep! Im sorry! (TO POST #50)
I downloaded the file in post # 41
but the pop-up in step 2.2 does'nt
pop up! Please Help.

Per post 52:

The RigFix tool will only give you the notification that it has found the granny2.dll if you got it from the crowd scene demo. If you put it in manually, that notice doesn't show.

Just keep following the directions. :)
  • swedishcarrina likes this

come visit.

#58 beckahhseyz

Just Registered

• 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Okay so I tried doing the fix using the RigFix program. I ran into multiple problems.

1) Trying to upload using 'Files' nothing appeared. The only way I could get my CC to show up in the content of the program was to open the folder my CC was in.
2) After following the directions almost to the T, save for the part where I had to always use the 'Folder' option rather than single files, my items still fell in the middle of my furniture. Sinks sunk into the bottom of counters, computers under desks, chairs in the middle of tables.
3) So I tried to convert the files from a folder on my desktop that held backups of my CC. (I had previously compressed all of my .package files for Objects into 1 .package file using s3pe) It loaded the single Objects .package file after some time. I selected all of the files and clicked Fix. After a few hours, it gives me an error saying I ran out of memory. Okay, I've seen this before on the forums about this problem, no big deal, until... I go to My Computer to get to my Hard Drive later for some reason and notice ALL of my memory (mind you I had well over 100+ gigs free on my HD) was gone. My HD memory bar was totally red. I didn't even have space to try to System Restore.

I deleted every folder associated with s3pe, RigFix, EA (both in Program Files and my Docs), all of my CC (backups and what have you), downloads, and uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games. (I had Base, ofc, Ambitions, Generations, and Pets, including Town Life stuff as well)

I had a lot of CC. About 1000-1500 objects alone. I didn't bother touching the Hair/Makeup/Clothing folders/packages I had as I read the Pets problem shouldn't be affecting those.

What the hell can I do to get my memory back? I tried System Restore to a point before I even installed the program to fix the Pets problem. I had the proper granny file as I got it from a different Pets fix. I tried restarting my computer as well. :mellow:

Im seriously considering doing a clean install of my OS because I can't find the problem. It's as if I have thousands of phantom copies of my CC hidden somewhere on my HD. Though I REALLY DO NOT want to do this as I have very important files on my computer and a lot to back up on an external HD.

Can someone help here?

#59 metallicangel0

Just Registered

• 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I was able to do everything but fix my cc. The error says '109 encrypted/unusable files skipped'. Everything in my downloads folder came from TSR. How do I fix this?

#60 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I was able to do everything but fix my cc. The error says '109 encrypted/unusable files skipped'. Everything in my downloads folder came from TSR. How do I fix this?

Per the first post in the thread:

What is RigFix meant to fix in my game?

Items with slots, such as countertops, coffee tables, bathtubs, dining tables, couches, chairs, etc. Objects, in other words. If your custom content is clothing, hair, makeup, patterns, accessories, etc., you do not need to run RigFix on these items.

If you run RigFix and receive the message: (x) items are encrypted or in use and cannot be fixed, that's okay. Those are either store items, or items that don't need to be fixed such as clothing, hair, etc.

come visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users