- - - - -

Wierd Glitch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 808 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I was curious if this has ever happened to anyone else. I've had some computer issues of late and my computer shut down while I was playing with my sims. When I rebooted the game, all my females had male voices and vice versa. Not only the voices were affected, but mannerisms and everything else besides appearance changed *****. All my pet sims (including wolves) began walking on two legs, got the cow irritation behaviors, and became contactable sims...you can call them, they can call you, and interact with them just like a human sim. I even get messages about low relationship points. The animals can fall in love with sims and be jealous. I haven't tried the wohoo because that is just wrong on too many levels.

This is just too wierd for words!

It only happens in the one neighborhood the game crashed in. I can make new neighborhoods without a carryover. I tried debugging and nothing. I ended up stop playing the neighborhood which was a real pain given this is where my leagacy sims were.
Proud member of S2HBAA & TSRAA

#2 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

I was curious if this has ever happened to anyone else. I've had some computer issues of late and my computer shut down while I was playing with my sims. When I rebooted the game, all my females had male voices and vice versa. Not only the voices were affected, but mannerisms and everything else besides appearance changed *****. All my pet sims (including wolves) began walking on two legs, got the cow irritation behaviors, and became contactable sims...you can call them, they can call you, and interact with them just like a human sim. I even get messages about low relationship points. The animals can fall in love with sims and be jealous. I haven't tried the wohoo because that is just wrong on too many levels.

This is just too wierd for words!

It only happens in the one neighborhood the game crashed in. I can make new neighborhoods without a carryover. I tried debugging and nothing. I ended up stop playing the neighborhood which was a real pain given this is where my leagacy sims were.

That is really weird. Never happened to me before though I have lost power while playing many, many times. I live way out in the woods and almost any storm, big or small, will knock out my power. Those are generally the times I play the most. I hope you're able to save it.

A few years ago I had a bad glitch. It was shorty after I installed Uni, and when I went to my game I was surprised to see that everything, roofs, streets, lawns, houses, ect was covered in letters and numbers. The whole 'hood looked like it had been gift wrapped in newspaper. I believe the cause of that was an incorrect installation of Uni.
If an unreliable, difficult to maintain car, with 250,000 different seat covers was a video game, it would look like TS3.

#3 ratsrbest

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 281 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

I had a similar problem with Sims Castaway. I had a family of four or six adults and something happened to 'change' their gender.

I wondered at the time if it was because I'd used a money cheat - there were dire warnings that things might go wrong if you used a cheat - but that game was very buggy.

The funniest thing for me was to watch the girls relieve themselves standing up.

i think it's great that you can phone the pets. I've often wanted to invite a stray over to visit.

#4 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 808 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

The female/male voices, females peeing standing up, and a host of other things like ventifarting dogs just got to be too much to play although being able to call the animals was great for those sims who wanted 20 pet BF. It was way too distracting.

#5 ratsrbest

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 281 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

and a host of other things like ventifarting dogs just got to be too much to play

Just when I thought I'd seen everything the game had to offer :D :D

Thanks for the best laugh I've had for a couple of days - I'm the first one to complain when The Sims gets buggy, but I'd treasure a bug like that.

#6 ratsrbest

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 281 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

I think I should say 'sorry' - I was laughing so much I forgot that your legacy sims were in the neighbourhood with all the problems.

Did you get things sorted out?

Really sorry for being insensitive.

#7 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 393 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

do you think reinstalling the game would help? if you take your nieghborhood out, then reinstall the game? I really wish I knew what to do to help you. I lost one legacy sim because of a glich. almost lost my second one...

#8 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 808 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

I think I should say 'sorry' - I was laughing so much I forgot that your legacy sims were in the neighbourhood with all the problems.

Did you get things sorted out?

Really sorry for being insensitive.

Nope never did.

#9 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 808 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

do you think reinstalling the game would help? if you take your nieghborhood out, then reinstall the game? I really wish I knew what to do to help you. I lost one legacy sim because of a glich. almost lost my second one...

I installed all the Sims2 onto my new computer with no problems so I just gave up and created a new legacy.

#10 minpinz

• 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

you should have taken pics or even video footage of these glitches

#11 sweettems

Trashcan Kicker

• 404 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

This sounds pretty similar to what just happened to my game. My power didn't go out, but the game did crash. I wonder what causes it and if there is some sort of fix. If not it will be my third 2nd generation neighborhood lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users