Gardening skill: omni plant seeds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Valentinavale

Rookie

• 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

How do you get to grow a omni plant?
I am already at the top skill gardening and completed my tasks, but still i cannot get a Omni plant.
I have read that you can order omni seeds through the mail, but i cannot figure out how to do that.
Thanks!!

I forgot to tell: i am playing the base game and i don't want to cheat!

#2 minicart

New Neighbor

• 31 posts
  • LocationSunset Valley

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Are you able to plant cheese for cheese plants, burgers for burger patty plants and eggs for egg plants yet? If not, you should get an opportunity to complete which will allow you to do this first. Then you should get another opportunity asking you to supply some excellent quality cheeses, eggs etc. After that, (if I remember rightly), you will then be given some omni plant seeds.

Hope this helps :)

~Minicart

#3 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

The Omni Plant has been broken since about the time WA came out. Normally you'd just click on the mailbox to order some Omni plant seeds but it does not work anymore.

I also have Base Game and my Sim is qualified to order the seeds. These were really handy things to have. Too bad EA won't fix it.
If an unreliable, difficult to maintain car, with 250,000 different seat covers was a video game, it would look like TS3.

#4 KSkywalker

Trashcan Kicker

• 471 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

I was only able to use the Omni plant for a short time when Sims 3 first came out. Now I can order the seeds but I can't add anything to them, pretty useless. :rolleyes:
Proud Auntie of Alyssa, Nathan, Brian & Kaylin

#5 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 948 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

I was only able to use the Omni plant for a short time when Sims 3 first came out. Now I can order the seeds but I can't add anything to them, pretty useless. :rolleyes:

You mean you don't have the option to fertilize them anymore?

#6 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Doesn't anyone plant gardens anymore? :huh: Maybe that's why EA hasn't fixed this yet. No one's actually noticed it's broken!

That's too bad. My Piranha Garden was pretty cool.

Attached Files

If an unreliable, difficult to maintain car, with 250,000 different seat covers was a video game, it would look like TS3.

#7 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 948 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I really like those plants, Marauder, but I'd be afraid to try harvesting the piranhas! ;) :D

My sims always have a garden but it seems to take forever for them to get the options which would have eventually given them omni plant seeds.

#8 KSkywalker

Trashcan Kicker

• 471 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

KSkywalker, on 02 February 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

You mean you don't have the option to fertilize them anymore?

Yes. I'll give it another try tonight, but it hasn't worked for so long, I quit bothering with them.

My Sims are slaves to the garden, I should probably let up a bit. :rolleyes: I want their food and nectars to be perfect.

#9 ByzantineGirl

Just Registered

• 41 posts
  • LocationI am now in my own little world.

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

I had the same problem. I could grow the death plant, money tree, everything but I could not send off for omni seeds. So I googled it and someone called *Poliwag* said she had found a way to get them. I tried what she said and it worked. My omni plants grew and harvested lots of wonderful things. I didn't get up to them growing books though. This is what she wrote: "I got my sim to Order Omni Plant Seeds from the mailbox and while my sim was on his way to do it, I cancelled it. My sim then ordered the seeds from where he was standing. The next day I got 2 Omni Seeds from the mailbox". This does work, you hear the sound of the mailbox but your sim is nowhere near it. So thank you to Poliwag for finding an answer!! And I hope it helps you too! :D
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Nietzsche

#10 KSkywalker

Trashcan Kicker

• 471 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

I planted three omni seeds and fertilized them with outstanding angel fish. When the plants were mature I "checked diet" but it said nothing had been fed to them! I tried the "feed" option but it would not react, it just kind of stalled on me until I cancelled the actions. So basically, all I get from the omni seeds are three plants that won't produce anything! :angry: :wacko:

#11 ByzantineGirl

Just Registered

• 41 posts
  • LocationI am now in my own little world.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

It was a long time ago that I grew omni plants but I think I fertilised them with death fish or flame fruit and I just kept them watered. It took ages for them to grow and I nearly gave up but then they started yielding small things. I've even heard of people feeding them books to yield books but I never got that far. So use your angel fish to catch some death fish. I'm sorry if this doesn't help you.
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Nietzsche

#12 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 948 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

You can always do what I do and use the debug cheat and get some omni plants that way. I lose my patience easily so I use the debug cheat to get all the gnomes and other things I would need to play for hours and hours to get.

#13 lisfyre

Senior Socialite

• 1,900 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Are you able to plant cheese for cheese plants, burgers for burger patty plants and eggs for egg plants yet? If not, you should get an opportunity to complete which will allow you to do this first. Then you should get another opportunity asking you to supply some excellent quality cheeses, eggs etc. After that, (if I remember rightly), you will then be given some omni plant seeds.

Hope this helps :)

~Minicart

That's as far as I get in gardening. I can plant all those but I've never been able to plant Omni's. I haven't even gotten the option to order Omni seeds.

@Marauder - I'd have loved a piranha garden :)
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they are acts. Watch your actions, because they are habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. " – Talmud
"Life is short. Insecurity is a waste of time." ~Diane Von Furstenburg
"You don't get out of life alive." ~ Jimmy the Hand

#14 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

It was a long time ago that I grew omni plants but I think I fertilised them with death fish or flame fruit and I just kept them watered. It took ages for them to grow and I nearly gave up but then they started yielding small things. I've even heard of people feeding them books to yield books but I never got that far. So use your angel fish to catch some death fish. I'm sorry if this doesn't help you.

It was my understanding that Deathfish would kill any plant that was fertilized with it. I can't remember the last time I played TS3 but I'm pretty certain that was the case.

I did feed my Omni plants a bunch of novels my Sim had written and made some pretty decent money doing so.

IIRC, Harvesting/Delivering perfect items was the way to earn the Omni Plant seeds.

The best use for them though was creating more fish to use as fertilizer for the rest of the garden. That was a huge time saver. Feeding the good or excellent items also sped up considerably the time needed to get perfect items.

Too bad their broken though.

I just can't believe that EA has let this slide for this long. I mean, they've released how many EP/SP's since these broke and they haven't fixed it yet? These are Base Game things that broke around the time WA came out and their STILL broken! Unreal!!! What are people supposed to do when their Sim rolls a want for perfect eggs, cheese or other food?

I do love gardening. Even my Butler has turned into a Plant Sim. Lol! These days I do it with TS2 though.

Attached Files

#15 minicart

New Neighbor

• 31 posts
  • LocationSunset Valley

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

That's as far as I get in gardening. I can plant all those but I've never been able to plant Omni's. I haven't even gotten the option to order Omni seeds.

@Marauder - I'd have loved a piranha garden :)

You have to wait for an opportunity to come along. I think it may be that you have to supply a certain amount of perfect quality cheeses and/or eggs. Just keep doing the opportunities and you will be given omni plant seeds for you to plant.

:)

Hope this helps!

~Minicart :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users