Sims2 Abandoned and Outside Meshes Gone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michaella

New Neighbor

• 36 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

It is sad that The Sims2 has been abandoned by so many, including EA. I am a chronic downloader because I suffer from panic disorder and sometimes when my computer acts up I start deleting things. So I have rebuilt my sim2 database many times. I really hope to move to sims3 someday, but cannot afford it now.

That said, I just hope creators have figured out that using outside meshes is a trap that comes back to bite, hard! About 50% of sims2 outside mesh-based creations on TSR are nothing more than pretty pictures now because the sites have shut down and the meshes are no longer available.

I so wish I had not deleted my database in the past, but that is water under the bridge. I plan to zip and tuck this database away somewhere so it will survive my next panic. But so much is lost...never to be had again.

Sad in Pleasantville,
Michaella

#2 NINAWR

• 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:41 AM

I know how you feel about TS2 being abandoned. EA is using TS2's forum server for something else (probably the TS3 teaser). And yet there are things I find even now in the game I didn't know about. The latest is the shower surprise. When one of my sims was showering, her husband flushed the toliet nearby which made her scream and jump out of the shower. He had walked away, but she chased him and then began lecturing him when she caught up with him. I haven't tried this on another lot so I don't know if it depends upon the sims' character trait or not.

Edited by AudreyMay, 10 February 2012 - 01:01 AM.
do not discuss sites which host files without the permission of the creators

#3 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 393 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

When one of my sims was showering, her husband flushed the toliet nearby which made her scream and jump out of the shower. He had walked away, but she chased him and then began lecturing him when she caught up with him. I haven't tried this on another lot so I don't know if it depends upon the sims' character trait or not.

it happens every time. :)

#4 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 393 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

Michaella, do some of those sites have ways to contact the creators? perhaps you could find out if they have a site that they keep there work on. It would be such a shame if their work was gone for ever. some might have put their stuff some where else that is still active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users