- - - - -

Sims disappear in world adventures

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 clairkp

House Party Crasher

• 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

I have tried vanilla starts, works for a while then after you have sent the sim to a world, (not necessarily the same one) several times, they suddenly dissappear. I have tried loading my cc in 1 at a time. a very long and slow process, and testing after each install. As soon as the sims disappear in WA I delete that cc and start another vanilla. however, it seems that a cc that worked in one doesn't work in another, because the disappearing sims seem completely randomized. I just don't go to WA any more, if they get an opportunity that requires they travel I don't accept it. By the way I have all the packs and are fully patched.

#2 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

I just had this happen to me. So I thought I would try a few things. I went into 'edit town' to see if I could get into any of the houses, but I couldn't. But then I selected the button at the top 'go back to game setup' and it gave me the option to select a house and play it. I have always wanted to actually play one of the WA worlds, so this was too good to miss. I selected a house and started to play. I also saved the game as a different name. Unfortunately, the play was very glitchy, with no relationships in the relationship panel. But I did get a message saying that one of the sims in the town had got a job at the mausoleum. I then tried getting a sim to call on her mobile 'return home'. I wondered if she would actually go back to the original town, but she just moved out. But because it is now saved as a separate game, I am going to try and go back and play it some time and see how it goes.

#3 chedderprime

Simmer

• 123 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

I've learnt the following through experience with my game, so please do not hold me to anything if doesn't work with yours.

Before going on holiday, always save your game under a new name E.G instead of Sim Town call it Sim Town 1, so if this happens you can salvage your neighbourhood easily. Keep neighbourhood Simtown 1 until you know if you got home safely. So much can happen once your back as well. I've had cloned sims that stuffed up my family, save then quit game come back into neighbourhood and find I can not interact with other sims etc Maybe keep Sim Town 1 for a couple of days to be on the safe side. Also when starting a new neighbourhood taking a wealthy family like the Altos on vacation to make sure your vacation neighbourhood is working. It isn't the CC fault this seems to be a bug that effects random neighbourhoods. You could try uninstalling your game all together and re installing but I can't promise this would help. Oh yes and never patch while on vacation

Just remember backing up is essential with sims 3.
My documents, Electronic Arts, Sims 3. Backup the following before doing anything new with this game:

Saves, SavedSims, Screenshots, Recorded Videos, Library should have you covered. And I hope you keep the original cc download archives to backup.

I hope something helps until EA gets it act together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users