It is something I have been trying for myself for a while but I keep getting stuck on the same thing. So now you are my last hope.
I don't have any pictures since it's a idea that popped up and won't get out of my head to the point that all other houses don't hold my interest at all.
I'll try to be as specific as possible.
In a nutshell: I want a modern house with a large barn, pasture and small training-area if possible.
It's no problem if you don't have the pets-expansion: if you can get me the barn-building than I'll furnish it myself.
Or you can make the stables with half-walls or fencing as many players do.
The house: 64x64 lot, no foundation, preferably on the right side of the lot and if possibly partly/fully furnished.
Modern with lots of windows for natural light, clean lines and a spacious luxurious feel without becoming to big.
I would prefer a 3th floor if it would mean that the house is smaller, just no bedrooms downstairs.
First floor:- Open plan kitchen/dining/living with lots of views on the garden and pasture.
- Also a toilet would be nice.
Second (and/or third) floor:- Master Bedroom with en-suite.
- 2 or 3 bedrooms for kids (room for desk+toys+bedside table+double bed) en-suites are nice but are not a deal-breaker.
- A least 1 decent seize bathroom for the bedrooms without a en-suite
Basement:- A basement for extra room in case needed (game-room/gym/skill-builders like inventing or pottery/wine-cellar)
Other rooms: floor by your choosing- Study: complete with bookcase, seating, desk with laptop, ability to paint and ...
- Laundry room
Must-have's somewhere in the house,:- A grand piano because I love it.
- Places for animal needs: feeding-bowls, toybox and sleeping arrangements.
- Place to put a car: garage/carport/parking space preferably without obstructing the view from the house to the pasture or garden.
Garden with view on the pasture:- A terrace with barbecue
- A small pool (in case my sims are on fire again)
- A large vegetable garden (perhaps best on the right side of the house between the edge of the lot and the actual house)
- Overall landscaping because I'm horrible at it.
- There is no need for a large garden besides a little room for playing with the dog or for children.
The difficult and most important part: Horse care:
On the left side of the lot either fairly to the front or at the far most back with direct excess to a large pasture.
As much matching to the house as possible.
Stable/livingaccommondations- I need at least 6 stalls to make it look somewhat realistic since I want to breed horses.
I am in possession of a royal(?) stable without the back so if need be
there can be windows pretty much anywhere just none that reach to the floor, keep it around counterheight or higher.
For those without the pets-expansion: a ready made stable is 6x9 (6 wide and 5 deep + 4 for movement in and out).
However when you put 2 stalls across each other the dept 'only' needs to be 14 tiles (and NOT 18) because those 4 tiles for movement are only needed once.
So basically you get a stall of 6x5 then a 4 tile hallway and then again a 6x5 stall.
There are no restrictions for the sides, you can just place them seamlessly next to each other like kitchen-cabinets.
- The only doors horses can use are 2 floors high (1 is 2X6 but is really only pretty if you use 2 next to each other so that makes it 4x6 and the other is 8x6)
so keep that in mind when you place the roof or you can ad a second floor (with perhaps an office).
- I would also like a tack/feed room, they can be separate or one room.
- If there is room: also a washing area 4x5 would do to make it realistic.
Pasture:- As big as possible, a small drinking pond is okay to make it a little interesting.
- Pasture must have Excess to the stable.
Training area:- Perhaps there is room behind the garden for a small training area for some racing and the level 1 jumps...
The whole focus is to make it a as realistic as possible breeding-stable
I really hope that someone can help me out since I'm at a loss.
Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.