- - - - -

TS3 Patch 1.31

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 lisfyre

Senior Socialite

• 1,900 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

It's official - EA's releasing this now.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news

Just read that Twallan will be updating his mods tonight.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they are acts. Watch your actions, because they are habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. " – Talmud
"Life is short. Insecurity is a waste of time." ~Diane Von Furstenburg
"You don't get out of life alive." ~ Jimmy the Hand

#2 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

I just d/led this patch and now my game won't load at all! It gets just past the splash screen which I cancel and then I get a msg that "sims 3 has stopped working" and "close program."
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#3 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Ok, I just renamed my EA folder and the game loaded. I think I know what I did. :( Problem solved for me.
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#4 lisfyre

Senior Socialite

• 1,900 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'd love to grab this patch thanks to a list I found over at another site. I'm interested in the undocumented list more than the official EA patch notes. But I'll wait until the dust settles. Sonshine, can you confirm that undocumented list?

Patch Notes

Game Update for 1.31

To install this update, please start your game and use the "Updates" tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes the following changes:

Exciting new connected features which allow you to:
• Post and view messages from your friends while playing, without having to leave or even pause the game.
• Find new friends and add them to your friends list.
• Access your Player Profile and Wall from the Options Menu
• Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!
Achievements—view the badges you've earned for those you've completed, sort and view those you have yet to complete, and find new achievements, which will be introduced to your game regularly!
• Edit and view your Player Profile, including your avatar, My Story, and wall posts all about you!
• Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!
• You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser.
• When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe.

Undocumented changes

• Set Makeup per Outfit option in CAS
• New "SocialCache" file in "My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3"
• Traffic Light object has been added to Debug>Misc
• Trash Receptacle objects have been added to Debug>Misc
• Tofu can now be purchased from the grocery store and will be automatically added to new household fridges.
• New recipes can now be prepared.
-Veggi Rolls
-Spaghetti with Veggie Sauce
-Tofu Dogs
• New recipe books can now be purchased from the bookstore and recipes can be prepared.
-Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
-Vegetarian Fish and Chips
-Stuffed Tursoykey
-Cheese Tofu Steak
-Tri-Tip Tofu Steak
• New music in the following genres has been listed in the game files (but the tracks themselves are not present):
Indie
-Not Your Fault - Awolnation
-We Are Young - Fun
-Tonight - Seether
-You Me And The Boatman - Quiet Company
Pop
-Don't Wanna Go Home - Jason Derulo
-This City - Patrick Stump
-Betrayed - Tiny Dancer
-Loo Mah - Wanae Lockrell
-For The Kids Of The Multiculture - Sonic Boom Six
"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they are acts. Watch your actions, because they are habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. " – Talmud

#5 Horatio

Just Registered

• 68 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I am hesitant about downloading the patch. I think I will watch the forums for a while on more feedback. Please be aware that EA completely changed their 'My Page" on The Sims 3 site to accomodate Showtime and it has been a disaster especially with the 'wall' which is a necessary part of the social aspect of Showtime and people are being swamped with pages and pages of unwanted messages from total strangers. It appears to me that that capability is also introduced into our games when we install the 1.31 patch.

#6 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi Lisfyre! Unfortunately, I can't give any unofficial documentation. I can only give what the game gives. I didn't save it so, I don't know what it said. I do know though, that it prompts you to be online so that you can "share" w/others. I'm not sure what I think of that yet. I've not tried it.

Edit: As for what I did, I d/led the patch when I was very tired and not thinking clearly and didn't remove my mods folder. :/ Now I have to re d/l the cfg resource file. :(

#7 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Here is a couple of pics of what you are prompted with when you load the game:

Attached Files

#8 lisfyre

Senior Socialite

• 1,900 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Here is a couple of pics of what you are prompted with when you load the game:

Glad to see you do need to log in manually. I've been reading other forums and apparently some people are getting logged in automatically. Something to look out for. Thanks!!

#9 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

there is also a new tab in the options menu that is specifically for online. You can change privacy settings etc. But I just don't log on - so no problem.

#10 Coryashire

Simoleon Addict

• 833 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

I have had alot of fun chatting with friends while I play. I like the new social feature alot.

I heard that some games cant use the tofu recipies, but havent tried it myself.

I also love the achivement. i have 8 out of 51 done.

#11 Gabbryrose

Just Registered

• 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

I did notice all the new "veggie" recipes and the availability of tofu in the grocery store. Although I am not planning to use the social portion much, it doesn't seem to be as bad as some people seem to think it is. (At least as far as the patch is concerned, who knows what we will see with the full EP) I am a little irritated that you can now NEVER close the message box in the top right completely. It can still be minimized, but now there is a tab on it where you can post messages and that is always there.

The achievements are a nice addition. I like to be able to earn things through the course of the game and some of them are fairly challenging. I noticed a number of them require a sim in a specific job position to do a certain action, like there is one where you have to become a Master Thief on the Criminal career path and then have your Master Thief steal candy from 30 babies. There are only 51 of them in the new patch, but supposedly there will be new ones released each week and the Showtime info states that there will be "hundreds" available from the start with the EP.

The changes are definitely enough to make your mods go all wonky though, so make sure you take them out and get updates before using them. I accidentally left my no censor mod in and the whole game went crazy, everything from not being able to complete opporunities, to members of my families being unselectable, and all other kinds of craziness. And that was the only mod I had in!

Also, I am really happy that they finally made it possible to assign makeup by outfit like you can with the hairstyles. I never thought it would be something I would use, but now that it's there I like it a lot. I guess I didn't realize how much I would like my sim to be nicely made up in formalwear without looking like a fool when she was in her pajamas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users