- - - - -

Unix Executable File

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 stampercat

House Party Crasher

• 140 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I have just discovered some of my files are becoming Unix Executable files and I have no idea why. I first noticed, that in my preference folder almost half of them were this type. For instance:

com.apple.AddressBook.plist.eiRWEV9 (this is a document file)
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.lockfile (this is a Unix Executable File)

For instance both of the following 2 mods now show up with the Windows EXEC icon and it states in the Get Info window that they are Unix Executable Files, even though the file type is package.

I have downloaded fresh copies but they always unzip to these Unix Executable Files. Has anyone else seen this on their MAc? Does anyone know of a program or procedure to change the "kind"?

I am running OS 10.7.6 on a Macbook Pro and this is a recent occurance. Sims 3 used to run just fine with the mods. :(
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift and that's why it's called the present.

#2 sheridanhoughton

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I just tried to download from peggyzone to see what sort of files I would get, but peggyzone downloads are not working. It looks as though the forum is still working, though, so maybe they can help you there.
Unfortunately, Luws is no longer a moderator on TSR, so I don't know whether or not there is a mac expert to help. I can help with some things, but not all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users