Unix Executable File

Mac

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 stampercat

House Party Crasher

• 140 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I have just discovered some of my files are becoming Unix Executable files and I have no idea why. I first noticed, that in my preference folder almost half of them were this type. For instance:

com.apple.AddressBook.plist.eiRWEV9 (this is a document file)
com.apple.AddressBook.plist.lockfile (this is a Unix Executable File)

For instance both of the following 2 mods now show up with the Windows EXEC icon and it states in the Get Info window that they are Unix Executable Files, even though the file type is package.

peggyzone-sims3-090702-skinV1-Mface.package
NoMosaicOLS.package

I have downloaded fresh copies but they always unzip to these Unix Executable Files. Has anyone else seen this on their MAc? Does anyone know of a program or procedure to change the "kind"?

I am running OS 10.7.6 on a Macbook Pro and this is a recent occurance. Sims 3 used to run just fine with the mods. :(
Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift and that's why it's called the present.

#2 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I just tried to download from peggyzone to see what sort of files I would get, but peggyzone downloads are not working. It looks as though the forum is still working, though, so maybe they can help you there.
Unfortunately, Luws is no longer a moderator on TSR, so I don't know whether or not there is a mac expert to help. I can help with some things, but not all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users