- - - - -

Stuck Cat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 arwenmom

New Neighbor

• 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:44 AM

I just bought Sims3, then Pets, and in the last week added Ambitions, Generations and World. After a few glitches and reinstalls my game has been working fine (cross fingers and knock on wood!) and is patched. Because of the reinstalls I've been working with my saved game so some things have been built up to a few times, like my cat. Every time she hits the adventerous trait, if I don't watch her she'll wander off and get "stuck" on water/mountains and can't get home or be given up.

Thankfully I've been following the golden rule of gaming. Save and save often! :)
Anyone have any ideas? MY pc isn't so bad that it doesn't take very long to restart, but it is getting annoying.

Thanks ahead of time!

#2 Jinu

Team Mascot

• 105 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

Have you tried just resetting the cat via cheats box.. resetsim [name of cat] and so forth? I know that I had a dog that for some reason keep going through the wall to eat.. and when he chewed on chew toys the toy would not be level with the dog.. So I had to reset her and now she is fine. I have never had to use resetsim other than on pets..

Other than that i am not sure what to do here. You are doing the right thing tho by saving often. Resetsim might at least keep you from having to restart the game all the time.

to pop up the cheats box hit ctrl+shift then C and in the box type: resetsim simsname

Name must be first and last.

#3 arwenmom

New Neighbor

• 25 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

Oh, thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users