- - - - -

First Beach Lot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

It's been a while since I've show cased anything so here's a few shots of my first beach lot.

If it seems a bit familiar, it's because I got lazy...(sort of). This is actually a near perfect copy of my Base Game lot "Palm Vallarta" that I re-built on a beach lot. It really should have been a beach lot to begin with, but unfortunately, I didn't get BV until just recently so it had to wait.

Once I had copied it 100% perfectly, then I set about making it fit the beach environment better. The original color was an off-white but the beach sand made it almost invisible. I needed a color that worked well with both sand and grass. "Coral Pink" looked great from the sea, but looked terrible from the road. I ended up trying about 50 different colors (including some really nice CC) but ended with regular old Maxis Stucco...go figure.

This only CC here is the sea monsters and dinosaur (lot deco) from MTS (I think?) and a couple cars. The blue one is the car I always thought the owner of real-life house like this would drive...my own personal dream car, a 1966 Lamborghini Muira. As luck would have it, I found it over at FreshPrince's site a few nights ago. Cool!!!! Once I had the car, I just had to do this lot, properly, and on a beach.

Attached Files

If an unreliable, difficult to maintain car, with 250,000 different seat covers was a video game, it would look like TS3.

#2 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Some interior shots.

Palm Vallarta was my first split-level lot. Of course this one retained that feature.

Unlike the original lot which had empty space under the kids rooms, here I took it a bit further and dug this area out and placed a party room, complete with karaoke and a bar. I am probably going to use this as a vacation home for my Sims...seriously.

If a nearly 200,000 simolean, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath vacation home on the beach, (complete with a swimming pool and a vintage Lamborghini!) sounds a bit excessive, well...perfect! That's what I was aiming for! :D My Sims have gone far too long without a good vacation. I hope Twikkii Island is ready for 'em. BV has turned out to be a really fun EP.

Of course, many thanks to Iliana for the great tutorials used to help turn this crazy dream into a crazy reality. :)

Attached Files

If an unreliable, difficult to maintain car, with 250,000 different seat covers was a video game, it would look like TS3.

#3 wordlesswriter

House Party Crasher

• 393 posts
  • Locationsome place only slightly intresting

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

wow. I want to live there!!

#4 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 828 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Nice job! I'm finding I'm building smaller to begin with and then expanding. When the houses are too big I lose my sims. LOL
Proud member of S2HBAA & TSRAA

#5 Marauder281

Disappointed Townie

• 618 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

I tend to favor smaller houses as well. If I understand it all correctly, the smallest sized beach lot is a 4x5 and they only get larger from there. I don't think I could do a beach lot in Twikkii Island using anything smaller due to the layout of the beach and roads. There is still a lot to this EP that I still don't quite understand but playing it and finding out is half the fun.

The original lot was a 4x4 so it fit the 4x5 beach lot very well. I just wish there were some smaller beach lots available. Building a vacation house without a beach means one more loading screen to have to wait through. There are a LOT of loading screens in this EP because almost everything you want to do on vacation happens to be on a different lot.

BTW, giving credit where credit is totally due, here are the three things that made this lot really shine IMO.

The Dinosaur neighborhood deco. http://www.thesimsre...cor/id/1054871/

The Plesiosaur (in the water) came from MTS.

And of course, the car that inspired it. http://www.freshprin...mbomiurats2.htm

Attached Files

#6 grandmajam_of6

Trashcan Kicker

• 828 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Marauder, while the beach lot may be 4x5 there is still only a 4x4 building area because you can't build anything on the beach. I tend to build my vacation lots big and bold with everything in a one stop shop type thing. Makes getting the memories faster.
Proud member of S2HBAA & TSRAA

#7 juhhmi

Stargazer

• 667 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

The house looks amazing and the split-level design is very well made! I like that it has so much outdoor deck space and open ground floor! :)
My Profile
Member of TSRAA and S2HBAA

Transhumanism...

#8 Illiana

Creator of Cushy Caves

• 882 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

The house IS amazing! I am partial to split-levels, and you add in a beach...pffft! Done for! :D The split is nice and clean keeping the flow of the home without being "in your face". The dinosaurs surprised me! :blink: :D I was like, "What the?!" Then I had a really good chuckle! Great imagination! Well done keeping the beach nice and clean. If you ever decide to move the lot it will give you a lot less headaches. ;) Beautiful job, and wonderful colors! (I know you're picky about those like I am. LOL!) You are a wonderful builder...as I am sure you know. :wub: (((HUGS!)))

- Card Carryin', T-shirt Wearing, Member of the S2HBAA and S3HBAA! -
My currently available homes/minisite: Homes by Illiana

#9 Camel2000

• 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:34 AM

this has got to be the absolute coolest house Ive ever seen!!!! :o

i can't wait until you submit it so i can download it strait away! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users