Photo
- - - - -

HOW TO CREATE HAIR?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebence

• 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hello guys. I've just installed TSR Workshop, and I want to create new hair for sims. But I am new and don't know how to do that. I read TSR tutorialds(which are great) but I don;t know which program to use for hair creations. I have installed Milkshape and Autoddesk 3ds max design 2010. Milkshape won't import my files., and the other seems so complicated :S :) Can somebody with experience in creations help me with this? THANKS!!!

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 3,019 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Hello guys. I've just installed TSR Workshop, and I want to create new hair for sims. But I am new and don't know how to do that. I read TSR tutorialds(which are great) but I don;t know which program to use for hair creations. I have installed Milkshape and Autoddesk 3ds max design 2010. Milkshape won't import my files., and the other seems so complicated :S :) Can somebody with experience in creations help me with this? THANKS!!!

You can create the mesh in any program you like, however you will have to use Milkshape to assign the bones and export it into the right format for Workshop to handle. Milkshape will import and export .WSO files from Workshop with plug-ins. The plug-in files for the .WSO format can be found in C:\Program Files\The Sims Resource\TSR Workshop\Extras\Milkshape Plugins, simply copy and paste them into your Milkshape folder C:\Program Files\MilkShape 3D 1.X.X.

Depending on which program you end up using, the process of creating the mesh will vary for each program. I don't really think there are any tutorials on how to actually make a hair mesh - at least not for sims - as it's a very complicated and lengthy process, that, like I said, will be different in each program, and will be different for each style of hair. Maybe taking apart some hair meshes that other artists have created will give you some ideas as to how they are constructed :)

Kris

mqpe.png

#3 Rebence

• 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks a lot. I'll try to create hair, If I can;t make it, maybe for a starter like me, it's better to create something else (much easier).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users