- - - - -

Delphy Dashboard, Custard

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 stichtask

Simmer

• 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Are Delphy Dashboard and Delphy custard the same thing? If not can I run them both together? What is each one specifically used for (I know they are both to check cc for corrupted contect, but how are they different from each other).

#2 talonz57

Advanced Member

• 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

http://sims3.crinric...-to-my-new-blog

looks to be some useull info here but use at your own risk i just use dashboard and since i have no problems i look no further into other programs

#3 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,019 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Custard and Dashboard are 2 different programs.

Custard (also known as CleanInstaller) can help you analyze your Sims3Packs and get rid of any extra stuff that comes with it. For example, you would use this to look at the Sims3pack files of a Sim or lot you have downloaded that comes packed with custom content. You can use Custard to remove the items of custom content that you do not want to go into your game when you install the Sim or lot. It can also detect if any Sims3pack files contain faulty items so you can remove them before installing the Sim or lot. You use this BEFORE installing the content.

Dashboard (according to MTS) has 4 main tasks...

- To easily show you which games you have, whether or not they have a full framework, and to browse to that games root folder.
- To show you the contents of the Sims 3 cache files, and clear them
- To show you all of your custom content in .package format, and display any "corrupted" files, or Sims 2 content, or stuff that just plain wont work.
- To fix any problems with corrupted files, empty files, generally broken files, and allow you to fix conflicts yourself

This program you use AFTER you have installed the content into your game.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#4 stichtask

Simmer

• 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Frisbud. So with Custard, i check the content before installing, but how do I do that for example with TSR? I hit download and it opens to my sims lancher and installs itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users