Sim Disappeared from Family

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 littlelambsy

Team Mascot

• 335 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:04 AM

Now what! When I shut the game down last night and went to bed all my sims were present and accounted for. Today I opened up my game and the wife and mother of my family has disappeared. She doesn't even have an icon as being part of the family. I tried having my sim call her (she's in his relationship panel) but she's not selectable for calling. I reset the lot but still no wife. What can I do to have her rejoin the family. My sim has a very strong relationship with her.

#2 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

have you tried resetting her? twallan has a mod called 'overwatch' which has an option called 'recover missing sims'. maybe you could download that and have a try with that. it is under settings when you click on a home computer or the town hall.

If all else fails, you may just have to write her disappearance into your story.

#3 chedderprime

Simmer

• 123 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

If the above doesn't work try reverting to a backup of your game. Also did you save this after finding this out? Sometimes reloading the game helps.

#4 littlelambsy

Team Mascot

• 335 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks. I didn't save and also didn't reload but thanks for the tip. I have the "overwatch" mod but didn't know it did this so thanks for that information. Funny thing happened, I hate bridges, sims always seem to get stuck on them. When I went into my game I went to town view to try to find her and found a bunch of sims stuck on the bridge waving their arms about, so I decided I would reset them all while I was there (she wasn't one of them). When I went back to my family she was home! I don't know what happened but she's back.

Thanks everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users