Photo
- - - - -

Unable to start please reinstall base game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cyclla

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

So I was updating my game of Sims 3 and it terminated the update. Then when I double clicked the icon to try to open the launcher it said:"Unable to start, please reinstall the base game." But it's already installed and everything on Sims 3 is up to date. Even everything on my computer is up to date. So I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and clicked on Sims3LauncherW and the launcher opened up but it said: "Error, your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher." That really confused me because I don't even have any expansion packs. So I clicked OK and it took me to the Game Updates tab. But it said"Your game is up to date."Then I clicked Refresh just to make sure it was right and no new updates showed up. I then clicked play but a little error box popped up saying: "Unable to start game. Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher." Same thing as before! I was really having fun playing Sims 3 and I don't want to lose my game. What should I do? :(

#2 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

From what you wrote, it sounds like the game cut out in the middle of an update, and while the launcher update thinks you're okay, the game itself is clearly looking for something that isn't available.

Have you tried manually downloading and installing patch 1.34?
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#3 Cyclla

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

From what you wrote, it sounds like the game cut out in the middle of an update, and while the launcher update thinks you're okay, the game itself is clearly looking for something that isn't available.

Have you tried manually downloading and installing patch 1.34?

Hmm, no, I haven't tried to manually install the patch. I'm not really sure how to though.

#4 EdgeStylez

• 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Your games are originals? or downloaded from the web, bcuz, iam sure that is a region problem.

#5 Cyclla

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Your games are originals? or downloaded from the web, bcuz, iam sure that is a region problem.

What do you mean "originals"? I didn't download it from the web so I guess it's original..

#6 EdgeStylez

• 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Just follow this steps, dont modify anything ok?

Go to RUN and type REGEDIT, now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /SOFTWARE /WOW6432NODE /SIMS /SIMS3 and open the SKU file with double click, now tell me what number appears there?

#7 Cyclla

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

Just follow this steps, dont modify anything ok?

Go to RUN and type REGEDIT, now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /SOFTWARE /WOW6432NODE /SIMS /SIMS3 and open the SKU file with double click, now tell me what number appears there?

Um.. 1.

#8 EdgeStylez

• 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

Ok then, when i installed World Adventures, i needed to change the number 1 for 2, but is just in extreme case, keep waiting more sugestions, if not, well, is all up to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users