Photo
- - - - -

Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Josiegirl

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

I apologise in advance if this topic had been covered previously but I am getting extremely frustrated with the error message "Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager" which keeps popping up everytime I launch the game. I have tried re-downloading the EADM via Origins but the next time I launch the game the message pops up again. I have automatic game updates ticked and my current version is 6.5.1.017031. Is this a minor bug or something that I don't need to worry about or is there anything you can suggest to fix the problem. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give and for reading :)

#2 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 1,935 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

What is your base game version number? The overall version number that you gave just tells you what your most recent expansion or stuff pack is. EA now only updates the base game version, so we need to know what that is. The most recent base game patch is the 1.36 patch.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#3 Josiegirl

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Sorry to be dim but where do I find the base game version number please? I have the sims 3 game and the Late Night Expansion pack which I bought a couple of days ago. Thanks for your help :)

#4 Josiegirl

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

OK I found the version numbers you wanted. Sims 3 is version 1.36.45 and Late Night Expansion is 6.5.1

Hope this info will give you some idea how to solve my current problem. Thanks and sorry for being a pain :)

#5 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 1,935 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

My first thought was that it is trying to get you to update the game, but I see you are already updated to the most recent patch. Do you have still have the old EA Download Manager, as well as Origin? Or do you have just Origin on your computer?
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#6 Josiegirl

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I had a good look and I don't seem to have the old EA Download Manager installed, just the Origin one, unless it is hidden away somewhere. Can't find it under Control Panel or All Programs etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users