Mac PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 MellieBear

• 24 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Attached File  omg.jpg   5.05KB   1 downloads

That was my face this morning when I found out about Seasons, lol. Browsing around I found this website

that basically elaborates on what EA has already posted on their site (figured I'd post it up in case anyone

doesn't know much yet). Gosh, I don't think my eyes could've

gotten any bigger or my squeals anymore highpitch. Boyfriend thought something was wrong with me!

Haha. The link to that website is alllllllllll---lllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way at the bottom.

General Information
  • Snowboarding is a skill.
  • New horsehoe game, kissing booth, and many different new food stands.
  • Umbrellas are new and Sims will use umbrellas when raining or pouring.
  • New ClimateTron Control Unit weather controller allows Sims to change the weather. Is a Lifetime Reward.
  • New Love Tester machine allows Sims to test their relationship level.
  • Horsehoes is a new game that comes with Seasons and is a hidden skill that Sims can get better at.
  • New Egg Hunt that occurs everyday the Spring Festival is in town. Can cash eggs in for rewards, can also find surprises in eggs.
  • New consession stands for food to purchase all new foods.
  • There are new foods for each and every Season. Marshmallow Pie, Freezer Bunny Treat, Grasshopper Pie, and Fruit Punch (Spring Season).
  • You can setup and visit the Ice Lounge (Limited Edition Only) for any Season.
  • Seasonal Festivals will be around for the duration of the Season.
  • The objects automatically change on lots for the Seasonal Festivals during each Season. Advanced players will have full control over how the festivals will appear and look.
  • Sims can get paid for working at the new Kissing Booth, more than the NPC Sim.
  • There will be Snow Days during Winter.
  • Umbrellas can be customized using Create a Style.
  • Seasons will effect your Sims garden plants. (When raining, you won’t have to water your garden plants.)
  • In Spring, Sims celebrate a new holiday called Love Day, and they are unique to each Season.
  • There is wind in the game, trees will move a bit more during storms.
  • Players can control the length of Seasons, 1 week long, but can make them last shorter or longer.
  • You can even turn off one of Seasons and skip certain Seasons if you want.
  • There are new deaths in Seasons: One is Death by Freezing.
  • Snow will get deep and puppies and kittens from The Sims 3 Pets will make tunnels to move around.
  • There is no new world in The Sims 3 Seasons. They focused and applied weather to all current worlds we have in the game, including The Sims 3 Store worlds.
  • There are new locations for Sims to woohoo.
  • There are new activities such as Treat-or-Treating during certain times of year and Seasons.
  • Swimming in the ocean, lakes and rivers will work in all previous worlds, any world that has an ocean or rivers and lakes. Cannot swim in a lake on a Community or Home Residential Lot, must be in the world.
  • Sims can use the carved pumpkin to make new Pumpkin Pie.
  • New Foods: Pulled Pork Sandwich, Cinnamon Donuts and more.
  • New Drinks: Hot Chocolate, Eggnog and more.
  • Aliens have returned, as well as alien abductions!
  • Diving Boards have returned for swimming pools!
  • Sims can use the swimming float in oceans and swimming pools.
  • There will be no Greenhouse in Seasons, but The Sims 3 Supernatural adds planters, allowing for plants to be grown indoors.
  • You’ll be able to see the temperature in-game. For our fans around the world, you can select the temperature to display in Fahrenheit or Celsius! (Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilm8uk)
  • Pumpkins are a new harvestable plant in Seasons. You can even pick one out from the pumpkin patch to carve in the Fall festival. (Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilm9tf)
  • Wildflowers are a new type of collectible that will grow throughout the world – you may have spotted some of them in the family’s yard in this mornings Spring demo. Once you collect them, you can display them in a vase in your home; they look lovely! (Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilmc9h)
  • Our trees are either deciduous or evergreen, so some will change color in the fall and lose their leaves, and others will not. The store team will support Seasons content as well, so any trees that they release that should lose leaves will be updated to work properly! (Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilmc2k)
Sims
  • Sims can play in rain puddles.
  • Sims can walk around with the new umbrellas.
  • Sims can still do interactions while holding umbrellas.
  • Slow Dancing has returned!
  • Sims can swim in oceans and go at any time of year. New Polar Bear Club moodlet during the Winter if you swim in the ocean.
  • Sims can get allergies during the Spring time.
  • Sims can get sick and also blow their noses.
  • If Sims get cold and frozen during Winter, your Sim can be warmed up by other Sims.
  • Sims can get a tan or get sunburn in the Summer.
  • NPC Sims will Trick-or-Treat in the world.
Worlds
  • Dramatic rain storms, thunderstorms, snow storms.
  • Weather effects are gradual and transition between each weather event (Rain, Snow, etc).
  • Seasons effect the entire world.
  • Seasons and types of weather aren’t controlled per-world, they’re controlled per-save file. That way you can customize each world you play in to behave exactly the way you want it to. (Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilm8f3)
Create a Sim
  • Can finally have a fully bald Sim.
  • Many new outfits, especially related to Seasons.
  • New Outwear category with hats, pants, and jackets. For all ages, Toddlers through Elder.
  • New Halloween costumes for all Sim ages, Toddlers and Elder.
  • The Sims 3 Seasons Game Update will add Expansion and Stuff Pack Filters to Create a Sim (like in Build and Buy Mode) to help sort outfits and items from Expansions and Stuff Packs you have installed. Confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter - http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ilm67p
http://iplaysims.com...ls/#comment-354
  • AnnaSara_Bieber likes this
Don't look down!

#2 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Sounds great - we just need twallan to update the master controller so that we can prevent NPCs from trick or treating if we want - I am not all that into extortion.

#3 MellieBear

• 24 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Lol and until then send my sims dogs after them before they can ring the bell >:D
Don't look down!

#4 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

Today during the chat when they were trying to get the guy to go swim in the ocean, there was a new option that popped up, besides swimming. It was "Skip rock". So that is a new interaction with water coming as well :)

#5 rsdworker

Friendly Townie

• 759 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

amazing - its very great pack - so that's means i like seaosns so i would love it but i was wondered if there would be heating system for houses because in sims 2 there was heating systems for sims to keep warm

#6 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,592 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

amazing - its very great pack - so that's means i like seaosns so i would love it but i was wondered if there would be heating system for houses because in sims 2 there was heating systems for sims to keep warm

There were? I don't remember any specific heating systems in TS2 other than just putting a roof on my sims house and making sure it covered the entire building. Did I miss something? :huh:

#7 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

The things in Sims 2 were just decorations I believe, they did not actually heat the house or anything, thats what fireplaces were for :P For Sims 3 seasons, EA has already stated there will be no heating/cooling systems, being inside is enough they said, or you can have some hot chocolate & warm by the fire in winter or a snowcone & dive in the pool to cool off in summer :)

#8 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

I could never understand why sims could not have cold showers to cool off in summer in sims 2. That is what I have always done, if I didn't have access to a pool.

#9 miiih500

• 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Will it be a weather channel in the tv? As in TS2... :)

#10 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Yes they have stated the weather channel will be making a comeback & I also believe they even mentioned the weather man being just as crazy as always.

#11 miiih500

• 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yes they have stated the weather channel will be making a comeback & I also believe they even mentioned the weather man being just as crazy as always.

thank you for the answer! ^_^ and good i love that crazy weather guy,hah!

#12 miiih500

• 28 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Oh and does anyone know if the Santa will be back also? :wub:

#13 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'm pretty sure they said Santa will not be making a return sadly. There is no "Christmas" it will be called gift giving day or something like that.

#14 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

that is fair enough - not everyone celebrates Christmas. It sounds as though they are making all the festivals neutral. Although some of them still sound pretty close to the originals.

#15 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

I can understand the gift giving day concept. Most religious holidays (based off of the Christmas thing) involve giving gifts in some way. Some give gifts one day, some give gifts for 8 days. So it makes since. However their Halloween concept, of "Spooky Day" where children go Trick or Treating, while for me is an awesome, cool thing, regardless of religion or whatever. I don't really see how that fits in to anyone else's religion, and there's no going around it lol. It's Halloween no matter what they call it!

#16 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

I just hope I can avoid it.

#17 bufu

Simmer

• 44 posts
  • LocationThe valley to the left of the hill.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Still no proper skylight windows from EA ??

#18 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,155 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

I can understand the gift giving day concept. Most religious holidays (based off of the Christmas thing) involve giving gifts in some way. Some give gifts one day, some give gifts for 8 days. So it makes since. However their Halloween concept, of "Spooky Day" where children go Trick or Treating, while for me is an awesome, cool thing, regardless of religion or whatever. I don't really see how that fits in to anyone else's religion, and there's no going around it lol. It's Halloween no matter what they call it!

Actually Halloween does have ties to religion. Halloween originated in the early Middle Ages as a Catholic vigil observed on the eve of All Saints Day, November 1. It is also known as All Hallows' Eve, hence the name Halloween that we have come to know. All Hallows' Eve initially incorporated traditions from pagan harvest festivals (celebrating the end of summer and the bountiful harvest that would feed them through the fall/winter months) and festivals honoring the dead (the Catholic All Saints Day and All Souls Day).
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#19 miiih500

• 28 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

I just read that you will be available to work in tv as the weather guy too! Wohoo! You can be a famous weather star in tv lol B)

#20 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

I think that sims already can work as a weather presenter when they are in the news reporter career.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users