Photo
- - - - -

My Sims 3 game keeps crashing!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jessehmin

• 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

So about 2 months ago my Fiance brought the Sims 3, Sims 3 Pets and the "High end loft stuff" stuff pack for me, I installed them all they worked great for a week or so and then it started to keep crashing. My laptop reaches the requirements and I've tried running it without out the expansion and stuff packs and it still does it, I tried uninstalling it, removing custom content and still no luck.

It only seems to happen whilst in sim mode, not in build or buy or on the map view..., the game will just go black and close. I could be playing for 1-2 hours without a problem or I could just be playing for 30 seconds and it would go off. I've tried so many things, He wasted around £80 for something that hardly works!

Is there any way to fix this.

#2 daisylee

horsing about in Appaloosa

• 7,370 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Mod the Sims has the most extensive information about crashes and performance issues. There are many reasons for crashes, often memory problems. There are ways to try to avoid this such as allowing the game to use more ram if you have more than 2GB. Check there and google as there is much information out there about things like this.

#3 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 1,995 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Can you please post a DxDiag of your system specs? Instructions for that and the information we need to see from it can be found here. I know you said the laptop hits the requirements, but if the screen is going black and tossing you out of the game, it is possible that the laptop is actually not up to specs. We have seen this a lot with general purpose laptops that were not built specifically for gaming. Everything runs fine for a while, then all of a sudden the machine gets too stressed and the game starts freezing, crashing, or even shutting the laptop off completely.
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users