Beehive and honey

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to improve the quality of the honey you collect from the beehives? My sim has a want to gather "great" honey, but I haven't been able to get better than "nice." Any ideas?
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#2 figaro_black

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm still experimenting with that myself. But I would assume tending to it as often as you can, feeding them and keeping it clean, should have something to do with it. Would also very much like to know!
The Angelic Legacy - It had to end somehow...

The Periwinkle Legacy - Ghost do Exist, and they are gooey...

#3 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

So far, whenever I've cleaned the beehive I've gotten "foul," "horrifying" and "putrid" honey. I don't think that's the way to go.
'Tis true, 'tis pity
Hamlet

#4 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 868 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Okay, I am reading the guide as I type :D and it says the following:

"...Sims can raise a colony of bees and produce copious amounts of delicious sweet stuff -- provided you put in a little effort. Should you not take good care of the bees, well, they let you know. They sting you!

The beekeeping box must be placed outside on the lot.

The box produces honey, which can be used in Cooking.

The happier the bees, the better quality.

Any time you interact with the beekeeping box, you risk getting stung. However, happy bees rarely sting!

To make bees happy, you must regularly choose the Feed and Clean interactions on the beekeeping box. Depending on the bees' current state, you risk getting stung or attacked when attempting to clean. But regular cleaning results in a lower chance of being attacked, so you can see how once you get over the hurdle, beekeeping can be smooth sailing. You must also feed bees regularly. Like cleaning, you risk a bee sting. Both of these activities raise the mood of the bees, but like your Sims' moods, over time the mood of the bees decays unless you attend to them.

Honey is produced every few hours. When honey is ready, you can click on the box and choose the Harvest interaction to claim it.

Happy bees produce perfect, outstanding, excellent and great honey.
Content bees produce normal, nice and very nice honey.
Angry bees produce bad, horrifying and putrid honey.

To harvest the honey, it's often a good idea to use the Smoke Out interaction to calm the bees. This seems like a win-win, but there are costs to regularly using Smoke Out before harvesting. This interaction reduces both hunger and mood, which over time can lower the quality of the honey or wax.

#5 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hmm...
'Tis true, 'tis pity
Hamlet

#6 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

I just checked the official forums, apparently there is a known bug with the beehives - it never shows as clean. Which means the option is there regardless of the actual cleanliness/dirtiness of the hive. No wonder the bees are angry...
'Tis true, 'tis pity
Hamlet

#7 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 868 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I just checked the official forums, apparently there is a known bug with the beehives - it never shows as clean. Which means the option is there regardless of the actual cleanliness/dirtiness of the hive. No wonder the bees are angry...

Hopefully they will fix this in the next update!

As far as you getting only lousy honey I don't know what to say other than mention that my sim did get great honey and beeswax so I do know that it is possible to get something better. :)

#8 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I've gotten great & perfect honey from the hives at the alchemy shop, just not from the hive at my sim's home.
'Tis true, 'tis pity
Hamlet

#9 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 868 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I've gotten great & perfect honey from the hives at the alchemy shop, just not from the hive at my sim's home.

The honey and beeswax my sims got was from their own hive. I haven't been to the alchemy shop. I wish I knew what else to tell you. :(

My sims are both fairies if that makes any difference. :huh:

#10 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I did it! I got perfect honey and beeswax from my hive at home. Apparently the trick is to clean & feed at least twice a day.
'Tis true, 'tis pity
Hamlet

#11 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 868 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

I did it! I got perfect honey and beeswax from my hive at home. Apparently the trick is to clean & feed at least twice a day.

Great! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users