- - - - -

Holiday Lights on the House ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 radosney

Just Registered

• 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

does anyone know where the holiday lights are? my sim got the wish to put up outdoor lights on their house, but i can't find them anywhere. i did find seashell string lights to hang on the wall, but no outdoor ''christmas' lights to hang on the outside of the house.

Edited by frisbud, 17 November 2012 - 04:53 PM.
Removing color from post. Please review our Forum Rules. Thank you.

Radosney

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
- Winston Churchill

#2 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

To hang lights on your house all you do is click on your house, like the front door I believe and "Holiday Lights" is an option from there. You get 2 choices, hanging or strip and in various different colors. I was actually kind of disappointed in it because I wanted to be able to place what lights I wanted and where I wanted. These lights just hang from your roofs and that's it.

#3 radosney

Just Registered

• 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

thanks!
Radosney

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
- Winston Churchill

#4 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 946 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Okay, does anyone know why it might be that I don't see any holiday lights after choosing that option on the front door?

#5 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Since the holiday lights hang from the roof, you have to have the walls up and be able to see the roof. Since I practically never meet those two conditions, I never get to see the pretty holiday lights. =(
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#6 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 946 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Since the holiday lights hang from the roof, you have to have the walls up and be able to see the roof. Since I practically never meet those two conditions, I never get to see the pretty holiday lights. =(

I thought I had done that but just now I put the walls up and I do see the lights!

Yeah I agree with you that it's sad that we can't see the lights unless we put up the walls. Also, I wish Seasons came with more holiday decorations...actually there aren't really ANY holiday decorations that I can find. :( I miss the TS2 Christmas tree with Santa. Remember how he used to pee in the toilet before he left the house?? LOL! Okay...well, I don't miss THAT part but I do miss the tree and having Santa show up. :D

At least creators such as DOT have given us something to try to fill the void. :)

And here are more links to holiday items: http://www.thesimsre...holiday%20decor

http://www.thesimsre...ristmas%20decor

And some cute flags from lulu: http://www.thesimsre...ter/id/1167521/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users