- - - - -

New Greenhouse, how to make and use?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 ViggieAnn

Just Registered

• 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I got this from the main site yesterday and they tell you nothing about how to use it. I'm a great fan of gardening and would LOVE to have an actual working green house.

Any tips or suggestions?

#2 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

It seems to be a venue, a community lot. You can use the gardening station at home, but I haven't figured out how to build a home greenhouse either.
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#3 timetravler

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

Well I downloaded the green house, but it doesn't work with Seasons. When it snows the glass roof doesn't keep snow or rain out. On their forum they tell you how to fix it. That totally messes up the look of the Greenhouse, what a waste of money. They say they are working on a fix, so far it's not fixed yet so I just built a house with a greenhouse attached but its a family room with ceiling tiles around the edges to keep the weather out. You can do this to the greenhouse but the plants still go dormant in winter. It really looks good as a breakfast nook. The glass pieces 6x3 I think, you put two together to make a complete roof.

#4 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

So they release a venue & premium content a week after a new expansion pack, but don't make it compatible? Idiots.
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#5 littlelambsy

Team Mascot

• 335 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

LOL Thanks for all that information. I was gearing up to buy that greenhouse. I didn't know it was for a community lot. I am interested in the seed identifier but the cost isn't worth it for just that.

#6 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

I had to go to the download and look over the exact pieces of the green house make up because I wanted one on my home lot. Apparently it comes with a greenhouse window, a door and the roof pieces. There aren't actual walls or anything like in Sims 2. So I built one, and put down that gardening station. Now the greenhouse itself (the pieces to build it) are quite lame, there are plenty of CC windows/doors that I could of used to build a greenhouse in this manner. However, I do enjoy the gardening station, which allows you identify seeds, talk to all your plants, use compost to fertilize the plants, and it will auto water the plants as well.

#7 sheridanhoughton

MacSimMum

• 2,146 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

However, I do enjoy the gardening station, which allows you identify seeds, talk to all your plants, use compost to fertilize the plants, and it will auto water the plants as well.

does this mean that you cannot use the compost from all the raked leaves on the garden unless you have the gardening station?

#8 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

As far as I know there is no compost option for the leaves, green house or not, and from what I have been able to tell the "compost" from the gardening station is only a place to store the sun rays that the sunflower pops out. Then once the compost is full you can click to "use compost" and it will go through a whole ordeal of making your plants grow and then watering them. For the leaves with Seasons, you rake them up, then you can play in them, woohoo, burn them or dispose of them, no compost

#9 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well of course I think the greenhouse should have been included in the EP itself, not have an added expense, but not allowing us to be able to compost the leaves we rake up was a wasted opportunity in my opinion. It's almost impossible to do anything if you make a living as a gardener during some of the fall and all winter. All you can do really is read gardening books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users