Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone else had problems with plants after winter and the are no longer dormant?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

My sim had a nice garden. Then Fall came along and the plants went dormant. Well come Spring they say they are at the harvest stage but there is nothing to harvest. I kept them almost all spring and they never changed. I threw them all away and am starting from scratch now. Is this normal or just a glitch? I thought once spring came they would come out of dormancy and either start growing again or you could harvest, basically they would return to normal.

#2 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,349 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

My sim just moved into a new house..and left all of her garden plants behind...BUT! She will pay a little visite to her old house..to see if she can harvest them or not, or..whatever happens. I am experiencing my very first winter here, so i have no clue how plants behave after being dormant. I saw though, that my child sim had the option to tend garden ?(greyed out, dormant..)..I hope EA fixed this so they actually CAN garden !
My sim is self-employed gardner...so i hope it IS still good after winter..otherwise, she might just starve... :blink:

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#3 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,349 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

tested and no..all plants are back to normal after winter in my game.

#4 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'm just in my second winter now. I tossed all the other plants and replanted in the spring. So hopefully once the spring thaw happens my plants will again allow me to harvest them. Otherwise I may have to adjust winter to make it shorter.

#5 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,349 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Well..it said that winter would prevent the plants from dying..that they are really just asleep..i do hope all will be fine for you.

#6 82nicky

• 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I started in the fall and have just hit summer in my game and noticed the dormancy thing as well. However, I have not lost any plants due to going dormant and noticed it appears to be a temperature thing. In the spring (and fall) temps go above and below "freezing" level, at which the plants go dormant until warmed back up again, no matter what stage they're in and they seem to thaw at whatever their last stage was, too. I haven't tried to google the issue to find out if I'm right or attempted to make a greenhouse yet but this was the pattern I was seeing with my garden. Hope that helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users