Married, but Not Moving in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hi, I don't currently have any mods in my game yet. I have a couple who just got married, but she's not moving in and still has her maiden name! Yet, in his status panel, it shows him "just married." I'm just wondering if it's just me or is this a typical game glitch? Thanks!
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#2 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Well, I still don't know why she didn't move in. I put testing cheats on and shift/clicked on her and forced it. Kind of missed the bonus money of her actually moving in though.
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#3 KrisGail

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 350 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I had this problem post-Seasons patch but pre-Seasons release. Apparently it was a glitch caused by the anniversary feature of Seasons, though I haven't had any sims get married since Seasons was released, so I can't confirm that it works now.
"That he is mad, 'tis true
'Tis true, 'tis pity
And pity 'tis, 'tis true."
Hamlet

#4 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Thanks! Hopefully, EA will fix is soon or somebody else will. Maybe one of the modders will beat EA, lol.

#5 LilNathy

• 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

To get another Sim to move in with you, you need to do a lot of friendly interactions until the option of Ask To Move In comes up.

#6 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

To get another Sim to move in with you, you need to do a lot of friendly interactions until the option of Ask To Move In comes up.

yeah, well it takes a huge bunch of intereactions..this is ridiculous. My sim is now going out with another sim..you'd think their relationship would be high enough for that option to show up..but no.
At times, two sims meet and there is a pop up message saying.."these sims get along well, would you like to move in with..."
This happened to me while a sim of mine was doing an opportunity..she was just at that other sim,s house, chatting and boom...the game thought it would be nice if they'd move in together, and that other sim asked mine to move in with her..whaT?

But when it is your decision to move sims in, it becomes a pain...go figure.
I am tired of merging households..or get them to marry so they can live together.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#7 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,043 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well, as KrisGail pointed out, the marriage process was borked by the Seasons patch (hopefully only borked and not a move to force people to buy Seasons). Not only that, but if you don't have Seasons, it looks like you can't run the game (if you uninstall for any reason and then re-install) past the original if you d/l the Seasons patch. *sigh* I'm looking into manually d/ling and installing patches up through 1.39 and no further until I have Seasons. Somebody else said that when they installed Seasons, it cleared up.

#8 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

I installed 3 EP at the same time almost..so i could not tell if or when something got broken in my game. It just seems to me, that I always had that anoying pain, about moving a sim in with mine. I recall though, after installing WA..and wanting to move a Français, from France..into my household..i worked hard, let's say.
The option always seem to show up for sims you really do not care about..lol
If my sim propose, and get married..then the new spouse automatically moves in, if i so desire. But I cannot remember if it always been this way, I now have Seasons too.
But yeah...I prefer having the guy propose and give his name to the lady..this becomes anoying when my sim IS the lady... :)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users