- - - - -

Fratres World Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 daisylee

horsing about in Appaloosa

• 7,370 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

What is the status of this project? Is it still in progress or not? I know it takes a while to do worlds, but this has been in the works for what, probably almost a year now? We have pretty much been told it is coming soon since April, or more recently since last August. Also, as TSR does not host worlds will it be on the exchange, Mediafire, where? And how will it work with all the custom content that is being used in it?

It is hard to maintain interest in something when there is so little information given and the timeline is so long.

#2 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

1. Close to completion.
2. Still in progress, in testing stages now.
3. World has been in progress over 18 months.
4. World will be hosted on TSR on its own server.
5. World will work fine with all of the custom content in it, we're testing that now.

We've had one very dedicated tomb-builder who has all but given any other project, other than to work day and night learning how to use CAW from scratch and building tombs that would be worth the wait.The other people who have been knee-deep in the project are major lot-testers who repeatedly test after every patch to make sure that there are no routing errors--the last couple of patches really messed up more than one lot and things had be redone, sometimes from the ground up.

At this point, the world is in its final testing state. But since it's very important to us that the world be worth downloaders' time, we're taking the extra time getting the wrinkles out.
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#3 daisylee

• 7,370 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thank you for the reply. :)

What I was wondering about the CC is that much/some that is being used is FA. Will this world be available to subscribers only? And if so as part of the subscription price, or sold separately, or?

The 1.42 patch did cause some routing problems from what I have seen also.

As close to completion, it would be nice to see some PR about it.

#4 spladoum

Scheming and dreaming.

• 4,829 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Those questions, unfortunately, I can't answer. I do know the final setup is in the works, but it's not definite yet. Once it's ready, though, it'll be a big banner on the main page that you can't miss.
Permanently Sunset -- closed.
An ending is just another day's beginning.

Looking for more to read? I have more stories to tell ...
come visit.

#5 daisylee

• 7,370 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

I guess we will just have to watch for it then. :)

#6 evi

Greek Dinosaur

• 667 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I wish we could have it for Christmas... All these items and teasers drive me mad. Spladoum have you heard if Santa has it among his presents this year? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users