Photo
- - - - -

Problem with Gift Giving Party

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 moonlight2o1o

• 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

hi, have a problem with Gift Giving party, the game tells me that I do not have enough space for the accumulation of gifts ... the problem is that I do not know how to fix it I have to put some object in particular to ensure that the gifts come in the house?
answer me please = (

#2 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

You need a big open space to have a gift giving party with seating for everyone who is invited. Then the game will give you a pile of presents that you can place in the middle of your seating area. Then you call everyone over to open presents and they all sit down in the chairs and go up one by one and open a gift.

#3 queen_peaches

• 15 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Do the gifts just appear or do they go in your inventory for you to place them? Because I threw a gift-giving party but didn't see any gifts, and then the party was a flop. Must be like birthday parties where if no one ages up the party will be a bust and everyone gets a negative moodlet. No? Anyway, I'll try it again, my Winter is, like, set to forever anyways lol

#4 midnightfantasy

Team Mascot

• 80 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

you have to open the presents within two hours or it's not working. You do need open space for the presents.

#5 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Do the gifts just appear or do they go in your inventory for you to place them? Because I threw a gift-giving party but didn't see any gifts, and then the party was a flop. Must be like birthday parties where if no one ages up the party will be a bust and everyone gets a negative moodlet. No? Anyway, I'll try it again, my Winter is, like, set to forever anyways lol

The game should pop up and say that they are going to start you off with a pile of presents or something along those lines. Then a round circle rug with abunch of presents on it will appear somewhere in your house where there is enough space. From there you can move it to whereever you like in your house. But it just appears by itself.

#6 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Can anyone tell how big this space has to be ?..like..how many squares by how many squares ?
I got the same message that my house was not big enough..but now, this means, if i want my sims to enjoy giftgiving, i must rebuilt all my sim's houses ?..oh boy.
And chairs..? like, once the pile of gift shows up..you must buy and place chairs around it..what? :blink:

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#7 SatinandSteel

Just Registered

• 20 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

The gift pile is 2x2, off the top of my head. And if there are no chairs, Sims will sit on the floor :)

#8 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

Oh..thank you!
Well, I am pretty sure, there IS that much space in their livingroom...this is so strange...

#9 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

My sims don't sit on the floor to open gifts, the teenage daughter of the first family I threw the party with stomped around a bit complained of no seating then just walked away & went to do whatever. Do you have adequate seating in the livingroom for people? The party option takes that into account as well if I'm not mistaken, also while you may have room for the 2x2 present pile, the sims have to have room all around the pile to walk up grab a gift open it and walk away, as well as when they first get there they walk up to the pile and add more gifts to it. So there does need to be plenty of space for the presents as well as walking.

#10 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 897 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

My sims don't sit on the floor to open gifts, the teenage daughter of the first family I threw the party with stomped around a bit complained of no seating then just walked away & went to do whatever. Do you have adequate seating in the livingroom for people? The party option takes that into account as well if I'm not mistaken, also while you may have room for the 2x2 present pile, the sims have to have room all around the pile to walk up grab a gift open it and walk away, as well as when they first get there they walk up to the pile and add more gifts to it. So there does need to be plenty of space for the presents as well as walking.

The sims don't need to have any seating at all. I had a sim give her first gift giving party tonight and she had no furniture in her house. The pile of presents appeared near the door and the sims sat or stood around it.

I had my sim throw this party just as a test to see how much room they really need but I overdid it and made her house one gigantic room with nothing else in it. :D

Attached Files

#11 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

This is a pic of my sim's livingroom area..according to me, it seemed big enough ?..
They even have places to sit..and they only had 4 guests, ends up, both my sims had the same 4 friends..lol
But anyways..been told my house was not big enough.

Attached Files

#12 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Do they actually get a gift in their inventory or is it just for show? Also do the sims coming give something from their inventory? For example if I know a sim has something in their inventory can I invite them to the party in hopes that they will give that item to my sim?

#13 mandababy2003

Simoleon Addict

• 846 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

The gifts are random, I have found that they are somewhat based off of traits. I had a virtuoso sim who got like 2 guitars (she went up to open gifts 2x), and then her husband was a sim who had high logic skills, and he got 2 chess tables.

Rose-maman I would say that isn't really big enough.. Even though it's only 4 sims invited, add your 2 sims and thats 6 people who have to be able to gather around the pile of presents whether it is on the floor or in a chair. With all the other things in that room, I can see why the game won't allow it.

#14 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Okay. Thank you Mandababy. I will probably try to renovate their house a bit..just for the fun of seeing how this is all happening. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users