- - - - -

Holiday lights : Multicolored gives me shades of yellow :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Like the title says...anyone knows what could be the problem ?
i wasn't sure if this was a bug in MY game, or just the way EA had set it but, I just saw someone else's pic of multicolored lights and..well, it actually WAS..multicolors...not mine (whiiiiiine)

Attached Files

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#2 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,155 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

It could possibly come down to the graphics package in your computer. If I remember correctly from another thread where you posted your computer specs, you don't have a dedicated video card which is what you need for games like Sims3, just an integrated chip which is not going to be able to handle Sims3 very well. Do you still have the graphics settings turned down? It could be that the multicolor lights are too much for your computer to process, so instead it just gives you one color. That would be my guess anyway. I am at work right now so I don't have my game available to check. When I get home from work tonight I'll do some testing in my game and see if I can come up with anything else for you. :)
  • rose-maman likes this
TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#3 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Thank you very much Frisbud. You remembered correctly. :)

#4 frisbud

La Femme Samantha

• 2,155 posts
  • LocationI'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Testing in my game, I got the multicolored lights with no problems. But then again, I have a good dedicated video card and thus my graphics settings are on the higher end. ;)

Attached Files

TSR Sims 1 Featured Artist & Sims 3 Select Artist -- Visit my Mini-site and see what I'm working on in My Blog
Sam's Sims Yahoo Group -- Added March 26, 2009 -- Unleashed Community Lot 61 Farmers Market

#5 Soulweeper

• 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Have you tried to change the color to multicolor? Because if you click on the door again there will come up an option if you want to change the lightcolors... If you knew this and have tried it- then I don´t know what the problem is.

#6 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,362 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

yes, of course. multicolor is the very first i chose..because, the only one i really love, in real life. :)
Then, i tried all others, even, custom color. The multicolored gives me some kind of..2 or 3 different shades..like if it was very, very pale. I'll have to deal with this. All other colors are showing fine. but all of them at once seems too hard. lol
I tried higher settings, on what i thought had anything to do with..well, lights. And it did not changed a thing.

But thanks !! :)

#7 hlvargas

Trashcan Kicker

• 358 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I can't even find the multicoloured lights!! I guess they were only white and that's why I didn't see them.

#8 hlvargas

Trashcan Kicker

• 358 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Oh found them, I didn't realise you had to click on the doors to put them up. That make the house look so festive!!! :)

#9 Rosieuk

• 30 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Thank you for that Had not seen them myself thanks again for your post, :)

Count your age by friends not years,Count your life by smiles not tears,

visit my mini site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users