Photo
- - - - -

Trying to EDIT TOWN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 becca73

• 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

ok, so I've been adding more cumminunity lots and such, no problems there, but I'd like to add more to my game, but can't seem to add anymore. WHY because the roads and hills are in my way of placeing lots. So my questions is how can I add roads, move roads and "level" some more places that are hills, it's all un wasted space with all the hills and winding roads. When I try to I put a new lot on and then go in and level that lot, then I have to go and place that building go back in the game to find that the building is higher than the road or wayyyyy below the ground...ggggrrr... HELP... but want to expand my city on build on the hills and by the mountains.what can I do to build wayyy out and make it BIGGER with more LOTS.....

#2 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,585 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Unfortunately, I believe the kind of terraforming what you are talking about is limited to only being possible in CAW. In the games Edit Town mode, I believe all that you can do is to add, remove, move, etc the lots (blank or otherwise) and the neighborhood deco. The "core" components of the world like roads and terrain are not editable outside of CAW. I know that the routing that determines where a lot can and can not be placed is definitely only editable from within CAW.

I am not familiar enough with CAW to know if it's possible for you to take a world that already exists and edit in the way that you want or not. I *think* that CAW, unfortunately, only opens it's own proprietary world files while they are in development - not after they are already exported into the game. I may be wrong though, perhaps someone else with more knowledge on the subject can correct me. :)

#3 becca73

• 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

thank you for the help. I guess I just got caught up into making part of my city look better, that I wanted to expand it even more. Hoping in the future that they will come up with something as to where we can if we wanted to. I love the edit town part but wishing I could move curved roads and level some more hills to make some of them straight and add more lots, but I guess I'll make due. LOL.. once again thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users