Basement Stairs on a Foundation?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,062 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi, I'm trying to add a basement to a house that already has a foundation on it and then stairs that go from the living area to the basement. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks!
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#2 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,062 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hi again, whoever answers this, I saw one video, but really can't follow it very well b/c there's no voice or text for how to do it. All he does is show what he is doing, but I'm not very familiar w/the tools of cfe. It looks like he placed a wall and then raised the ground up next to it, but not sure how big the tool is that he used and not sure how he got the flooring to go where he wanted. Please keep in mind that I'm a completely novice builder here.
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#3 sim_man123

Simmer

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Is this a "fake" basement made with foundation and CFE, or one made with the actual basement tool? I always build on a foundation, and the couple times that I've used the basement tool, I believe I simply put in the stairs going down, just as I would have if I was putting stairs from any other level (since stairs are modular, it should automatically make the staircase longer to reach down the extra foundation height.) :)

Kris

mqpe.png

#4 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,062 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hi! I really don't know. It's a house that came w/Appaloosa Plains. It's the house right accross from the dog park. Every time I try to put stairs into the basement, I don't see anything but either the top of the foundation (like the platform) or the ground. I wound up putting the basement next to the house and a separate access to it. When I built a sub basement onto that though, I wasn't able to put the reg modular stairs on it, but only the spiral stairs. :/

#5 mdrynan

• 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

I have done this on a home I have built, have not tried it on an existing home.

When I tried it would not allow the stairs to be build inside the foundation. So I have to build part of the foundation (or take part down) where I wanted my stairs. Then made short stairs from the foundation to the ground level and then from the ground level to the basement. Once the stairs are there then I build the rest of the foundation for the main floor.

(Note: be careful when putting flooring out as it will cover the stairs or part of the stairs and your sim wont be able to use them.)

If you google Sims3 basement stairs with foundation I believe like someone else said there is a video to walk you through this.

#6 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,062 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Thanks Mdrynan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users