- - - - -

Game Launcher not installing CC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 cornellir

• 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hi all.

I have had this issue before without a resolution. My game launcher refuses to install custom content and just freezes on installation. I have to then force the process to end. In order to assist in the installation of my CC i downloaded and installed CC Magic. However this programme does something odd to the pattern files and in the game's create a style tool gives me the "materializing materials" issue. I am then required to do a hard reboot of my computer. There is supposedly some correction to the file names that fixes this issue but I have to date not been able to successfully figure that out.

Is there anybody out there that can give me a dummies step-by-step method of resolving any of these issues......i am ridiculously frustrated by all this. I uninstalled my whole Sims3 and re-installed everything just to find the same issues recurring. An added issue is that somewhere along the line my sims have lost their skin tones and now all appear black.

Help please. Much appreciated if anybody can assist a frustrated simmer.

Rene

#2 mikstig1525

New Neighbor

• 52 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I have continuously had the same problem. My launcher also freezes up. I found that if I install a few at a time it usually works, but that can be tedious when I have over a 1,000 items to install. I know that the programmer that created the launcher no longer works for EA but that doesn't help with installing the items. I too would like an answer to this because if the launcher is no longer viable for installations then what do we do?

#3 cornellir

• 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

Mikstig1525 ...I found what sometimes improves the download function on the Game Launcher is deleting files from your DCBackup Folder (but remember not to delete the ccmerged.package file)...... this doesn't always work but most times. Also what works sometimes is to remove your installed content from the Downloads folder and keep it somewhere else on your computer for backup.......but notwithstanding these few tricks I still have issues sometimes and also have content that is supposedly installed but will not show up in my game......frustrating!!!!

#4 wycked

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 234 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Quote: "My game launcher refuses to install custom content and just freezes on installation."
I had the exact problem. It looked as if the mods folder (with the package files) where messing up the installing of Sims3Pack files. What works for me is to drag the whole mods folder to the desktop while installing from the launcher. When doing this I never have any problems. Just remember to drag the mods folder back in after you're finished =)
Hope this works for you.
^\/^^\/^

#5 KseniaSolo

• 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Have you tried clearing your DCCache and DCBackup files? I had a problem with store content not installing. Seemed to have fixed my problem so far...I hope. lol So far so good.

#6 cornellir

• 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

tx it works some of the time ....but now some of my content is showing as installed eg sims but does not appear in my CAS .... i cannot find anyone or anything that can help me ....its so frustarting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users