How to delete corrupted custom content that can't be found

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 paulajedi

Tragic Clown Catcher

• 231 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I have "Pepper's Party Boots" installed in Sims 3, but they are corrupted. They show up on infants, toddlers, and children. They are default for all nude sims coming out of the shower and sometimes pajamas. I can't find them on the hard drive to delete them, nor do I see them in download manager. Any ideas? I don't want to reinstall my game or remove all my custom content. :(
I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

PaulaJedi :cool:

#2 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,041 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Did you look in the "Installed Content" tab of the Launcher? They should show up there. Otherwise also you could try to contact the artist and explain that they might have mistakenly made their boots available to age groups that are not possible.
Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

#3 InaMac69

• 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

another way to get rid of the item, is to pop them on a pre-made ea sim, make sure this is the only item of cc. export the sim. check the sim using delphys custard tool, it should show up if its a sims 3 pack item. copy the 0x number (you will have to write it down)
Then go into your start menu, type in the 0x number in your search box, open containing folder and delete it from there. This should take it out of your game completely.
Another way is if you remember the original sim it came with, then make a copy of this sim (without the offending item) and delete out the original from your CAH sometimes this works failing these steps you may have to delete items from your launcher until they show up on that so you can delete from there.
I hope this made sense. Good luck :D
visit my Mini Site Here

#4 Fushiki

• 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

I have the same issue, and I did uninstall them. But somehow they are still there and still causing issues. Not the only item of clothing that is either, I've got some female clothing showing up in the male CAS too. I've tried all I can think of with no luck. :(

#5 rose-maman

Adam's Girl

• 4,356 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

Well, according to me, InaMac has THE perfect method..so follow it, people. :)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Adam & Rosie ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#6 Fushiki

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Except it won't work... At all, just refuses to install. So I'm back to square 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users