Photo

How does my sim learn to scuba dive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 monkeeman

Team Mascot

• 86 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi all - Wondering how to get my Sim to learn how to scuba dive. I tried letting him snorkel for a while but it doesn't seem to help with the scuba.

Also - sent my sim windsurfing - and he disappeared from the game. I wasn't following him while he wind surfed. notice - no music cue or pop up telling me what happened. Could it be that he fell off the side of the world (like could the sim world be flat?!?!? :))

#2 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Did your sims level up twice with the snorkeling? From what I understand they have to have two skill points in snorkeling to open up a dive lot.

About the sim surfing off into the sunset/falling off the edge, do you still have an icon for him? I've had sims drive off the map and disappear before never to return. Actually one of my teens was taken by the police and driven off the map. I thought maybe when he aged up he would return but nope, he just stayed on the family tree as a teen for a few generations. That neighborhood finally got so buggy that I had to leave it.

#3 monkeeman

Team Mascot

• 86 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will be more patient and have my sims gain more snorkeling skill points.

As for the missing Sim - he just disappeared from the game - icon and all.

#4 littlelambsy

Team Mascot

• 335 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:37 AM

I would just play it as an alien abduction and carry on without him. Problem is if he is married, the wife could probably not remarry again if he is still showing as husband.  Is he in the relationship panel, can he be called?

#5 monkeeman

Team Mascot

• 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

I did get my sims to scuba diving! Thanks for the advice. Just snorkeled a lot and got to visit one of the dive spots. Then the more you scuba the more places you can scuba. Got to explore Davy Jones Locker - explored a cave (which is just a rabbit hole)

While under water, my sim got scared by a shark and peed himself! Got a little pee Icon in the upper right of the screen and he got a related moodlet. Also the animation shows a growing blue plume of "liquid"

Also had a chance to study a shark and got into a shark fight! Was really funny!

#6 CuteKittenz

• 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Haha :P. The same thing happened when my sim stayed out past curfew. I'm not sure whether I want to go windsurfing now :P

Also, I think you can turn into a mermaid from scuba diving? So good to learn it :)

#7 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

No you don't turn into a mermaid from scuba diving. You need to befriend a mermaid and ask about fish parts. If they like you enough they will give you some kelp.or you can collect 25,000 lifetime points to buy some kelp. Once you eat the kelp you will transform into a mermaid. BTW collecting kelp from one of the dive lots doesn't work, you have to either get it from a mermaid or as a life time reward.

#8 Fejeeper

Just Registered

• 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

How do you explore caves?  Each time I enter one, sim ends up on land!  What am I missing?

#9 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

You're not missing anything. It's a known error. There are ways to reset the caves using cheats but I haven't done that yet so someone else will have to explain that to you. Some caves you can explore and some you can't until they are reset. I don't know what happens to corrupt them though.

Hopefully someone will come along to explain.

#10 Sonshine

Heaven Bound

• 10,062 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes and 1,000,000 Mosquitoes

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi Fejeeper! You'll have to reset the cave in order to explore it. As Ruthie said, it's a known bug. To reset it, go into Edit Town, Click on the lot, unlock it by opening the cheat bar and typing in enablelotlocking true, then click on the padlock. Go down to the cave, pick it up and place it down again. You'll have to have moveobjects on for this. This resets the cave until the next time you play the game. I have a hard time remembering to do this until my sim is down there, LOL.

Please pray for the peace of Israel!! That is to pray for the VERY soon returning Christ. John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. When Jesus died on the cross He took our sin and shame; He offers us His righteousness as a GIFT that we must claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users