Photo

Can't build a dock

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 nikkinunu

Team Mascot

• 38 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

I have been trying to build a dock.  I tried following the tutorial I found through google, but the problem is when it comes down to finding the foundation tool.  The tut says to click the platforms, foundations and decks section but I can't find it.  The pic that they show looks like the basement section, but when I click on that-it won't let me build a platform.  Where is this section?  Is this something that's hidden somewhere?  Please help me out!

#2 Pawzsim

New Neighbor

• 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

There are foundation pieces that are pillars for over water building.  Did you try to use those?  There is also a dock piece should you want to allow a house boat to be built I think - or for a boat to park.  There isn't a lot of info on this EP yet.  Let me know if you have any luck. :!

PawzSim

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace...."

#3 nikkinunu

Team Mascot

• 38 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for replying. I looked for them, but couldn't find them either. I even reinstalled the game, but to no avail :(

#4 Pawzsim

New Neighbor

• 60 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Those dock foundations come with Island Paradise.  If you do not have that installed, they won't be there.

PawzSim

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace...."

#5 RuthieFaye777

Simoleon Addict

• 987 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

The dock pieces were given to us in the patch that came out before IP came out. I think they are with the pillars and when you place them the dock forms above them, then you place floor tiles.

#6 pigtail1

Team Mascot

• 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

under the build icon click on the bottom part of the house...that pulls up the foundations...from there you pick the type of dock post you want to use and then drag out over the water as if it was a floor

#7 sharond98

• 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

does somebody know how you can change the foundation's level to like make it lower ? 

#8 Sita

Volatile Software Tester

• 2,448 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

If you are doing it to make a dock, you have to start with the foundation tool OVER the WATER. That sets it to the right height for the boats. You may have to lower the piece of land you're connecting to...

My Sims site is at http://www.simechoes.org.

Happy Simming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users