- - - - -

Festival Park in Riverview

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Henwen

Empress of the Universe

• 2,002 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

I just got Seasons and decided after playing Twinbrook and found it so glitchy that I would start again in Riverview as I was told by a friend that it very rarely crashes.

I did do a search to find out where the festival park is located in Riverview because I didn't see it in the game and read that it is in the Cannery ("All the Rave").  I did see the cannery building so I know where it is, but my question is that I would prefer to have the festivities outside.  After all how does one ice skate and snowboard in a warehouse?

Can it work if I tear down just the building by delete it's walls and roof so that all is actually outside?  I won't be bulldozing, I mean I would go on the lot in build mode and tear down the building bit by bit leaving the floor area as is.  I hadn't gone to the lot to see if the cannery has no foundation, but if I remember correctly All the Rave was on flat ground.

I must say that I am really disappointed that a large park wasn't put somewhere in Riverview.   :(

Nancy

#2 Degera

Facebook & Submission Support

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:00 AM

You can place any of the festival lots in any town, so if you can find a suitable space (any empty 64x64 lot), you could even place the Sunset Valley park right into Riverview :D  then you'd have everything outdoors!  I like to place the Starlight Shores park into Dragon Valley, for example, but you can place any of them anywhere.

#3 Henwen

Empress of the Universe

• 2,002 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

You can place any of the festival lots in any town, so if you can find a suitable space (any empty 64x64 lot), you could even place the Sunset Valley park right into Riverview :D  then you'd have everything outdoors!  I like to place the Starlight Shores park into Dragon Valley, for example, but you can place any of them anywhere.

Thank you Degera!  :wub:

Of course I thought of that when I went to bed last night and couldn't get to sleep.  I also thought as I was supposed to be sleeping, that it would be nice to make the cannery into a barn by changing the roof and wall design because that would be perfect for Fall especially, and it always rains.  Then I realized that I can uncheck the rain in Options  around the time of the festivals so maybe it won't rain.  And then I thought again that it would be nice to have two places for the festival - a barn and an outside park.  And then at one point I fell asleep.  LOL  :P

I'm assuming all of the festival parks are the same size.  I was hoping that there was a 60x60, but I'll go check.

Nancy

#4 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

No they aren't all the same size.  The one for Island Paradise is something like 50x40, for example, and I think the one for Appaloosa Plains is 50x50.   You could always delete the big fish farm in Riverview (not like you can't actually fish in the river) and place one of the larger parks there instead.  

#5 Henwen

Empress of the Universe

• 2,002 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

No they aren't all the same size.  The one for Island Paradise is something like 50x40, for example, and I think the one for Appaloosa Plains is 50x50.   You could always delete the big fish farm in Riverview (not like you can't actually fish in the river) and place one of the larger parks there instead.  

I don't have Island Paradise (yet) or Pets.  I recently bought Seasons and University, but haven't installed University yet until I get this all sorted out and my game can run without crashing. 

I did find one lot (Grisby)in RV and put TB park there but after fixing it up a bit the game crashed.  I will look for the Fish farm now and perhaps put in a different park.

My game seems to shut down every time Origin becomes disconnected.  :angry:

Nancy

#6 cadiva

Simmer

• 233 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

My game seems to shut down every time Origin becomes disconnected.  :angry:

If you are running your games via an Origin install then it's probably shutting down because the authenticator can't connect to the internet to verify your game is legitimate. It's one of the down sides to playing via a digital install unfortunately.

• Henwen likes this
*I am not a smurf*

#7 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

You don't need to have Origin turned on in order to play the game.  I have purchased all of my Sims games digitally through Origin, and I never turn Origin on unless I need something - like I just recently got a new computer and had to reinstall all the expansions, but as soon as they were finished installing, I turned Origin off again.

• Henwen likes this

#8 Henwen

Empress of the Universe

• 2,002 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

You don't need to have Origin turned on in order to play the game.  I have purchased all of my Sims games digitally through Origin, and I never turn Origin on unless I need something - like I just recently got a new computer and had to reinstall all the expansions, but as soon as they were finished installing, I turned Origin off again.

I'm dumb, but how do you turn Origins off?   :blink:

Nancy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users