* * * * * 5 votes

Things I Would Like To See In Sims 4 !

PC

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#1 Cerie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

1- I would like to see in Sims 4 more realistic things .. i.e. maybe include a bank where sims could get loans to buy houses or cars , to pay bills or something .. and pay off the loans by clicking on the bank lol .. i haven't given it much thought but i would like that idea and if sims fail to pay off the loan the bank could repossess items in the household /: 

2- I really wanted the sims to be able to iron clothes since we already have the laundry and all that .. it would be a nice addition to add that & maybe have moodlets included. 

• Rochandra, Sugar, EVERWOOD and 18 others like this

#2 drugirl

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

i want more student life like in 2nd doorms parties drinking but also curses and homework and tests and job that you need 1st degree to work there etc.

• Sugar, MendyLou, SaskiaKelsey and 5 others like this
"you should never want to hurt yourself. You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person" - Gerard Way, MCR

#3 zamfir7

• 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I would really like to see the ability to switch between Sims without losing the progress on the active Sims. That was a bad move for Sims 3, and one of the main reasons I stopped caring.

• Sugar, EVERWOOD, misssimsalot and 6 others like this

#4 everwoodmtn

• 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

I like all of the previous idea's and agree with being able to switch between Sims without losing everything.  In general I would like my Sims to be able to be more like real life.  To add to the ideas, I would first like to be able to buy adjacent lots so I can own some lands or have a large estate, with a horse ranch, guest house, tennis court, gazebo etc.  The largest lot in Sims 3 is nice but I would like to be able to place adjacent lots beside, behind, around etc. the primary lot to increase by "estate".  I would also like to see more items available in the initial release.  There were certain items from Sims 1 that just seem so automatic that I miss them not being a given in Sims 3.  The grandfather clock, the hot tub, pool table to name a few that should not have to be available in an expansion pack.  Then with the expected expansion packs, seasons, hot date, pets etc.  the items could be specific to that pack, winter wear, coats, raincoats, umbrella's, snowmobile's, ski's as examples for seasons.  I would also like to be able to actually go shopping at department stores for the items to furnish a house. My own personal taste but the walls and floors and even some of the objects are ugly/tacky.....I would just like to see them be more in line with what fans create.

• Sugar, stargirl22086, thomasina22 and 5 others like this

#5 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,610 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

My own personal taste but the walls and floors and even some of the objects are ugly/tacky.....I would just like to see them be more in line with what fans create.

I agree, EA does make some absolutely horrendous stuff... but, for the sake of doing what we creators do, I hope they continue to make ugly things. In my opinion, if they want to make ugly, non-matching and re-used stuff, let them! The less energy they put into make pretty things, the more time and energy they can put into making a decent game. As long as they provide a solid foundation, we creators can come along afterwards and clean up the ugly :D

• Rochandra, ROFJOF, D2Diamond and 23 others like this

#6 dmaxc1024

Just Registered

• 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hi folks. Great ideas and a welcome topic. I truely hope they bring along a tool like the Create A Style in Sims 3. As a builder and designer I am very interested in any new or improved building techniques. Also I thought the Bank Idea would be an interesting addition to game play. Sims have had "Repo Man" for a long time but this would add additional scenarios to the bill paying action.

Also I've yearned for a long time for the capability to follow Sims to work in a few more Career fields. To the best of my recollection Sims 1 Superstar has been the only job that you actually went to work with them and helped them either progress or fail. 

As far as Walls, Floors and Furniture thank goodness for creators like Sim Man and others who have given us so much more choices in furnishing and decorating. This is an area that from Day 1 in TS1 until the last EP of TS3 that EA never seemed to put much thought into.

Lastly I would love to see an EP devoted to some sort of Country Club. This could require the Simmies to become members and the facilities to have a large pool, tennis courts and of course a golf course. The golf course could be small, maybe six or nine holes as I realize for many going 18 holes would become boring and tiresome. And the clubhouse could be as elaborate or frugal as we choose. EA/Maxis already has the programming and development for these activities so putting them into an EP would not take a great amount of effort.

• Rochandra, amandas55, oldmember_Kazimierski5 and 3 others like this

#7 Str8DreamzNSims

• 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

The country club DMax suggested is an amazing idea, and one that I hadn't ever even considered! Sounds terrific!

That said, country clubs tend to be for the more financially blessed to enjoy, and I think the Sims series need a little more realistic urbanization. I would love an expansion, if not in the base game, that has things such as rough, industrial inner-cities, complete with public housing, barbed fences, heck, maybe even welfare. We don't all live in Beverly Hills, and I feel the Sims does a poor job of reflecting poverty in so many of our neighborhoods. I'm not asking for drugs or guns, that's a horrible stereotype. But there should be Sims trying to make it out of the streets, and it should be a struggle. That's real life stuff right there.

Plus, a cry for Mendelian genetics!

• thomasina22, Amazon333 and laurenacsp like this

#8 nerdynanna98

• 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'd like to see an additional life stage and more interactions in general. This is how I view the current life stages:

Baby = Newborn

Toddler = 2 Y/O

Child = 9 Y/O

Teen = 16 Y/O

Y/A = 22 Y/O +

A = 50 +

Elder = 80+

I just feel it should be more gradual in the childhood stages leading up to adult. Something like this:

Baby = Newborn

Infant = Under 1 Y/O

Toddler = 2 Y/O

Preschooler = 5 Y/O

Child = 10 Y/O

Teen = 16 Y/O

Y/A = 22 Y/O +

= 50 +

Elder = 80+

Even just adding one of the additional life stages would make this awkward advance through the lifespan of a Sim better. This might just be me though, as children are one of my favorite aspects of the game.

2. Seasons and Pets should NOT be an EP. These should be included in the base game.

3. Banks and Daycares would be nice rabbitholes.

4. I'd like to see a neighborhood more city-like or even based off real cities like New York or San Francisco.

• Additionally, crime-rates, etc., could be higher or lower depending on the world you select for your sims to live in.

• QueenIce2C4U, thomasina22, Smidge94 and 6 others like this

#9 Username

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Here how I would want the ages to go.

Baby = Newborn

Toddler = 2

Child = 10

Teen = 16

Y/A = 22 Y/O University would work great for this should be able to use this age with or without going to University.

A = 35+ With options of gradually aging mask.

Elder = 65+

• QueenIce2C4U, davikotunok and Matilde Olivares like this

#10 cherry245

• 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

mmmm lets see they should put a singer career in or make a show time with say a note book thingy so you can write your own songs and make a studio where you can record all those songs and make a cd and they should make a cd and dvd shop where you can buy other singer's cds and buy dvd's like if your sim is a director of a movie he can buy the movie in that shop and length of horses,cats,dogs etc. and if they make a pets they have to put pigs,cats,dogs,horses,fish,cows,chickens,sheep goats etc in oh and they have to create a wild life expansion packs where you can go on a safari trip and see all kinds of wild animals like lions tigers etc. and a adventures but add more places and let us please not have a visa oh and let us create our own worlds like in sims 2 so ;et it be like sims 2 combind with sims 3 and more so everything like in sims 3 and 2 must be there food,shops clubs careers etc and more

• thomasina22 and laurenacsp like this

#11 cherry245

• 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

oh and ages must be like

baby 1 day to 12 months

toddler 1-6

child 7 to 12

teen 13 to 19

young adult 20 to 30

adult 30-59

elder 60-100

• QueenIce2C4U, thomasina22, davikotunok and 1 other like this

#12 cherry245

• 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

oh and there must be daycare (toddler schools)

normal school grade 1-7

high school 8-12 must work in grades ages must be like if your teen sim is 13 he must be in grade 7 or 14 then in grade 8 must work like that and graphics must be better than sims 3

• QueenIce2C4U, thomasina22 and taleah324 like this

#13 cherry245

• 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

oh and the lots must be from 1x1 to 100 by 100 so that we can live on farms please add farm animals and wild animals so that we can have wild animal farms for tourists and hunters or even have a zoo like crockediles,aligators,all the fish in the see tigers lions you name it please

#14 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,610 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

mmmm lets see they should put a singer career in or make a show time with say a note book thingy so you can write your own songs and make a studio where you can record all those songs and make a cd and they should make a cd and dvd shop where you can buy other singer's cds and buy dvd's

Except for the fact that sims don't actually speak any real language - good luck writing a song in a language that doesn't exist ;)

• Rochandra, ceramicunicorn, ElectricSimmer and 1 other like this

#15 Smidge94

• 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I'd like to see an additional life stage and more interactions in general. This is how I view the current life stages:

Baby = Newborn

Toddler = 2 Y/O

Child = 9 Y/O

Teen = 16 Y/O

Y/A = 22 Y/O +

A = 50 +

Elder = 80+

I just feel it should be more gradual in the childhood stages leading up to adult. Something like this:

Baby = Newborn

Infant = Under 1 Y/O

Toddler = 2 Y/O

Preschooler = 5 Y/O

Child = 10 Y/O

Teen = 16 Y/O

Y/A = 22 Y/O +

= 50 +

Elder = 80+

Even just adding one of the additional life stages would make this awkward advance through the lifespan of a Sim better. This might just be me though, as children are one of my favorite aspects of the game.

2. Seasons and Pets should NOT be an EP. These should be included in the base game.

3. Banks and Daycares would be nice rabbitholes.

4. I'd like to see a neighborhood more city-like or even based off real cities like New York or San Francisco.

• Additionally, crime-rates, etc., could be higher or lower depending on the world you select for your sims to live in.

I think that would be really good, you don't get to see your sims 'grow up' having the more realistic age would be so much better. they should definitely consider this one! :) 

• QueenIce2C4U, davikotunok and SerenitySecrets like this

#16 lpmartin1971

• 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

I would really like to see the ability to switch between Sims without losing the progress on the active Sims. That was a bad move for Sims 3, and one of the main reasons I stopped caring.

You know you can use Twallan's mods (Master Controller or Story Progression) to keep the progress of certain sims.

What I would love to see is our sims actually getting in their vehicles and driving them form A to B. Please, EA. I need this.

And keep the open world.

• Sugar, thomasina22 and Amazon333 like this

#17 dmaxc1024

Just Registered

• 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I agree lpmartin. I was absolutely not a fan of the Simmie walking to the curb and zapping the car on to the street. They were moving in the right direction in TS2 by having the Simmie get in the car and drive off the lot so I thought the next logical step would be driving, as you said, from point A to point B. Way back in TS1 they had moving traffic in the Community areas and that action could be brought forward to add a little more realisim. Somehow I get the feeling many of these wants that all of us are thinking about are in the works for future games such as The Sims 5 or 6 or who knows. Also it seems when they add some new features that we lose something that we really liked from one of the previous editions. Not being a programmer or creator I don't understand the mechanics of Video games so maybe it is a give and take situation.

#18 maggie4756

Simmer

• 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

My favourite part of Sims is creating environments, so here are a few things that I'd like EA to do with Sims 4:

Some of CAW accessible in Edit Town mode - placing/moving/editing roads, freesize lots, terrain sculpting/painting.

All build items from the game available in Edit Town/CAW including patterns & terrain paints, so for example paved areas on lots could match the sidewalks. Fences dragged out in Edit Town same as in the game. Also the pond tool, for lakes/rivers above sea level.

Editable metadata. Bridges in CAW have only one road pattern, which looks silly with custom roads. None of the retaining walls match each other or any of the bridges. Maybe a bridge "kit" with a road/rail-carrying surface plus pillars/arches/fences etc to customise it. And walls need to be in smaller sections for flexibility. 

Railways included in the road system - if not in the game, then in CAW. Rails need 3-way Y-junctions (and that would also be nice for roads). Grade/camber of a section of road/rail specified before laying it, with automatic embankments/cuttings. 

That's it for now.

• Milzeiler likes this

#19 bree102399

• 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

ages I like to see in Sims 4  newborn infant under 1  toddler ages 1-3 preschooler 3- 4 elementary 5-11 grades k- 5 middleschooler ages 11-14 grades 6-8  highschooler ages 14-18 grades 9-12 young adult/ collage student ages 18-30  adult ages 30-60  senior/elder  60- 100 or until dead  I also want three schools elementary middle and high schools I want all stages to go through changes through out no rabbit holes for  pregnant  Sims I want  trimesters 1-3 and realistic timing to I also want ultrasound and check ups for them and baby showers I also want the baby's to be able to wear clothing shopping malls  baby swings training bras gymnastics cheer dance wading pools be able to bathe baby's in the sink when younger and bath young children in the bath tub changing tables tummy time feed babies in high chair

• thomasina22, Amazon333, LilithRose82 and 1 other like this

#20 maggie4756

Simmer

• 143 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

A few more things:

Wouldn't it be great if windows & doors could be placed on the half grid, and windows moved up & down like wall decorations? I believe theres's a difficulty with the wall masks, but maybe the new engine could deal with this. Also, curtains should move up & down to fit all the different size windows. And it would be nice if all of these could be opened & closed at will.

Why are the backs of fireplaces so big? I'd like a variety of chimneys & chimney pots!

(Hope EA reads this)

• Sugar, Amazon333, ceramicunicorn and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users