Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Things I Would Like To See In Sims 4 !

PC

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 Katrine0811

• 3 posts
  • LocationI´m a barbiegirl, in a barbieworld!

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

I would like to see Ea to see the toodlerstage again, i hated them i ts3, but now i miss them.

#142 officialteaprincess

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

I just really want seasons and pets tbh

and I still hate the loading screens!! I miss the "open world" from sims 3 so bad it hurts

#143 AstraStud

• 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:04 AM

MS word doc tutorial for text to speak would be a real help for learning in making cc for customs - somebody could home their grammar a necessity of an undergrad. As for content, I like more role play, worlds are boring because they represent incomplete customization for cultures from designed public spaces. So the game should focus more on diversity and customs because they are common to everone and immersive. running with the bulls where the cars are or slideshow changing backdrops, to dress appropriately. Simple emitters could make our natural customs of wearing sunglasses or wearing coats immersive, respectfully, daddy with a turtle in his front pooklet

Attached Files

#144 Rochandra

Rookie

• 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

Hi folks. Great ideas and a welcome topic. I truely hope they bring along a tool like the Create A Style in Sims 3. As a builder and designer I am very interested in any new or improved building techniques. Also I thought the Bank Idea would be an interesting addition to game play. Sims have had "Repo Man" for a long time but this would add additional scenarios to the bill paying action.

Also I've yearned for a long time for the capability to follow Sims to work in a few more Career fields. To the best of my recollection Sims 1 Superstar has been the only job that you actually went to work with them and helped them either progress or fail. 

As far as Walls, Floors and Furniture thank goodness for creators like Sim Man and others who have given us so much more choices in furnishing and decorating. This is an area that from Day 1 in TS1 until the last EP of TS3 that EA never seemed to put much thought into.

Lastly I would love to see an EP devoted to some sort of Country Club. This could require the Simmies to become members and the facilities to have a large pool, tennis courts and of course a golf course. The golf course could be small, maybe six or nine holes as I realize for many going 18 holes would become boring and tiresome. And the clubhouse could be as elaborate or frugal as we choose. EA/Maxis already has the programming and development for these activities so putting them into an EP would not take a great amount of effort.

This is why a new clubhouse venue would be so great if they would implement it in Sims 4.  It could be like a generic lot, except that it could be set as a gathering place for clubs, unlike the current generic lot venue. (I've tried to set generic lots as gathering places for my custom clubs but it didn't work.)

#145 Rochandra

Rookie

• 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

I want LESS LIMITATIONS!

I find it so stupid, in a game where the goal is to create, to put so many limits and say "this dress, you can use it for daily but not formal. This hairstyle is only for party". What the hell is that?! Why would you limit people so much?!

And a more complete character edition tool. Where you can edit the face and the body way way more. Some games have a better, more precise tool to create characters and they're not even games based on creation.

The "for formal" and "for party" are just suggestions: you can actually pick whatever you want for formal or party or whatever - just remove the filter that says formal or party or whatever, and you will be able to pick from all the hairstyles or CAS items. This is similar to how you can remove the filter for masculine or feminine items to let either sex choose from all the options.

#146 Adralia

• 4 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:00 AM

What I loved in The Sims 3 was, when you could actually go to the mall and buy food/books. This is a part I'm missing in The Sims 4. It would be pretty cool if Sim would actually need to go shopping to make a food. A bit more realistic. Someone brought the idea with ATM, that's really cool! 

#147 candesco

• 40 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:01 AM

Cars and taxis. That is one of the biggest things which is missing. I don't dig that zippythezap thing and that your sim travels to a location by bringing up the map, click location, zippythezap and poof it's there. Or that it's done by phone or when you are called you go immediately to there. It's not realistic. You can't even call a taxi. That was even the case in TS2 and there were even cars in there as well, though added with nightlife. But nightlife was the second expansion. TS4 got now a bunch of EP's and SP's, but still no cars and no taxis. Also, in TS2 you could walk to a location by clicking on your sim and choose to walk to your destination. But that is not happening in TS4. You can walk as far as the street your sim is living and that's it. Poor deciscion by EA.

An other thing i would like to see are toddlers, also for completion. I don't know what EA was thinking, but another poor deciscion here. I don't use them myself, but you just have the idea something is missing.

I would also see more interactions, especially romantic ones 

And i would see that things like throwing a ball and pillow fighting return. Really miss those little things. Also a reason as why i still play TS2 and TS3.

More vacation destinations would be nice too. Sending them to granite falls every time is kinda boring and also granite falls ain't very interesting. Those are the moments you miss takemizu, three lakes and twikkii island from ts2 and the world adventures EP of TS3.

Next i would like to see they remove that "aahhh" behaviour in CAS. When i'm in CAS and busy with creating a sim the sim turns it's head a bit, makes some weird expression and says "aahhh" Can't they just act normal instead of looking like an idiot. I find also that TS4 brings a next level to an all happy world. Maybe in TS2 they were too agressive, but those fighting sims were amusing at least.

What I loved in The Sims 3 was, when you could actually go to the mall and buy food/books. This is a part I'm missing in The Sims 4. It would be pretty cool if Sim would actually need to go shopping to make a food. A bit more realistic. Someone brought the idea with ATM, that's really cool! 

Only too bad that the mall is a rabbithole in TS3 and not like TS2 that it's a building where sims could move in. I don't mind rabbitholes, but EA did exaggerate a bit with that by also turning stores into rabbitholes. But indeed, in there you could buy products, where in TS2 you just received a shopping cart, which you then also use to fill the fridge at home.

With the addition of City Living TS4 now has food stands, where you can buy things like potatoes, strawberries and the like. But there are no stores no, where you can buy food or books. That would be nice.

• evi likes this

#148 lianeholladay

• 2 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:21 AM

I want garages, attached garages that can be ground level while the house is on a foundation. I want cars to have more realistic animation, I want spiral staircases and ones like http://www.thesimsre...ht)/id/1115085/   (Cottage half landing stairs).

Why did they take away the style option, where we could pick our own textures for, well, everything? That was all the fun!

What happened to bunk beds?

I still can't figure out how to do basements, can we even do that in Sims 4?

testingcheats is not as useful as it once was, I liked being able to modify the townies in CAS :(

I would love to see Strangetown from TS2, the whole story-line, NO changes.

I'd like to be able to modify the town itself, i.e. roads, placement of lots, ponds/lakes, being able to move houses from one lot (including the family) to a bigger lot would be nice. I tend to overbuild for the space and then my simmies have no backyard to play in.

• evi likes this

#149 candesco

• 40 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

I want garages, attached garages that can be ground level while the house is on a foundation. I want cars to have more realistic animation, I want spiral staircases and ones like http://www.thesimsre...ht)/id/1115085/   (Cottage half landing stairs).

Why did they take away the style option, where we could pick our own textures for, well, everything? That was all the fun!

What happened to bunk beds?

I still can't figure out how to do basements, can we even do that in Sims 4?

testingcheats is not as useful as it once was, I liked being able to modify the townies in CAS :(

I would love to see Strangetown from TS2, the whole story-line, NO changes.

I'd like to be able to modify the town itself, i.e. roads, placement of lots, ponds/lakes, being able to move houses from one lot (including the family) to a bigger lot would be nice. I tend to overbuild for the space and then my simmies have no backyard to play in.

You can modify townies everytime you start the game. For the previous games you needed tools for that. In TS2 i use simboutique clothingrack from christianlov and in TS3 i use twallan's mastercontroller. In TS4 you can do that straight away without the need of using anything. After you load up your game, but before going to your family, bring up the sim bin (pencil icon at the upper corner, rightside) and select the unplayed households option. There you find the households you haven't played as well as the random generated sims who don't have a home yet.

I have modified several sims in that way. Have to say that in this way you use a capped CAS and can't change their traits. If you want to use that as well, then you need to select that sim you want to complete edit, use testingcheats and then use the code cas.fulleditmode. Works only on selected sims. But in that way you can now fully change them, also their traits. I have changed the traits of the caliente sisters in that way.

And no, there are no basements in TS4.

You won't go see strangetown. You have to play TS2 if you want to have that. And why not. Still playing TS2 myself. Managed to get it working on Windows 8.1. But i also have it on my old pc,which has XP.

Modify town, also a thing which is pretty limited here.

#150 candesco

• 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

Have to correct myself; you can build basements in ts4.

Sorry for the double post, but it seems i can't edit my post anymore.

#151 iron mum

METAL HEAD

• 448 posts
  • LocationHighlands, Scotland

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Things I would like to see in Sims 4....

1 - Bonehilda, nothing completes a vampires home than having an old, really old, creaky maid.

2 - Therapist, remember him from Sims 2, I'd love to have him back.

3 - More traits, after playing a while they start to get old. Maybe do something like the new vampire pack, introduce some negatives that you must chose at least one.

4 - Social Bunny - who doesn't want the giant pink rabbit back.

On the computer, laptop or....nope, that's it.

#152 laurenacsp

• 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

1- I would like to see in Sims 4 more realistic things .. i.e. maybe include a bank where sims could get loans to buy houses or cars , to pay bills or something .. and pay off the loans by clicking on the bank lol .. i haven't given it much thought but i would like that idea and if sims fail to pay off the loan the bank could repossess items in the household /: 

2- I really wanted the sims to be able to iron clothes since we already have the laundry and all that .. it would be a nice addition to add that & maybe have moodlets included. 

Yesssss! I was thinking the same. Like for example if a teen gets a part time job, their money should go into a separate account which they then use to pay for their own things or to pay for college! Would be so sick! 

I love the ironing idea too! 

#153 marciamarciamarcia

• 2 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, US

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

A few things I've been wanting for a while:

--The ability to have adult Sims of different heights.

--Spiral staircases. I hate how, with rooms that have high walls, the staircase has such a large footprint.
--More supernatural alternatives. I was kind of disappointed with the vampires pack. In Sims 3, we had witches (my favorite--they could do so much), werewolves, etc. I'm assuming EA will add each one and charge $20 each time--that's if they add them at all. I haven't played vampires much at all. The world is so small and dimly lit (I know they were going for "atmosphere", but...) Meh.

--And more traits!

#154 evi

Greek Dinosaur

• 836 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

I would love to see OLIVE TREES and BUNGABILIAS pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#155 Cerie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Omg lol this post is still lit after 4 years ! LOL thanks guys. Although i am still addicted to sims 3  ;)

Happy Simming !!  :wub:

#156 lunero1992

• 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

rbd please make 

donde-ver-a-rbd-en-la-telenovela-rebelde

RBD1.jpg

#157 simracky

• 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

i want more student life like in 2nd doorms parties drinking but also curses and homework and tests and job that you need 1st degree to work there etc.

Exactly

#158 oldmember_Richie_70

• 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

Reading some of the early posts, I saw one asking for the ability, to buy neighboring lots. I would love this, especially in the city world. Being able to buy the apartment, next door, so you could create a larger apartment. Just like in the real world. I'd also love a farming/gardening expansion pack, with more vegetable, than we currently have in the game. You can buy a business, restaurant, why not a farm? So, you can grow your own vegetables, flowers, and sell them to neighbors & businesses. Maybe livestock too. 

#159 hirondelle.

• 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

I agree, EA does make some absolutely horrendous stuff... but, for the sake of doing what we creators do, I hope they continue to make ugly things. In my opinion, if they want to make ugly, non-matching and re-used stuff, let them! The less energy they put into make pretty things, the more time and energy they can put into making a decent game. As long as they provide a solid foundation, we creators can come along afterwards and clean up the ugly :D

​I do admit that most things EA make are ugly, but we do need to give them some credit for making these amazing games. I mean, it must've taken tons of energy and time to make all four Sims games.  Creators are astonishing- I also agree that they do​ make better things than EA, but EA did an amazing job on all the expansion packs, stuff packs, etc. 

hirondelle

#160 hirondelle.

• 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:16 AM

I think that would be really good, you don't get to see your sims 'grow up' having the more realistic age would be so much better. they should definitely consider this one! :)

I completely agree- each stage of life goes by so fast in the Sims. I think you should be able to choose your age and skip through as you like. Not rewind though- that would be a bit too much. I know that it will take a lot of work to get this feature in an update, but it should be worth it!  :D 

hirondelle

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users