Photo

Create new project problem? Not finding game paths... Please help!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 lalalluby

• 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

I am having an issue with finding game paths.

Everything installed properly and all, but when I click "Create New Project" I get a pop up saying "No game paths selected, please set game paths in preferences." So I followed someone's advice from another forum saying to choose the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4" except that won't work. I set that as The Sims 4 folder, and I get a message saying "Can not continue without game paths set." Even though I chose it. I'm not sure what I need to do. :(

Please Help!!

• kadieann12, Justme257, olsenfair and 1 other like this

#2 AnoeskaB

TSR Support Staff

• 762 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

It needs to point to the folder where the game is installed. Most of the time it will be the path that you've mentioned, but if you've for instance installed it on another drive, you'll need a different path.

Artist Panel - FA/SA Management - TSR Support/Submission Staff

You can find my minisite with all my creations here

#3 Guest_Chris_*

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

There are two paths to set. The other is lower down, browse and set the path. worked for me x

#4 Vataromon

• 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

I have the Same Problem That you and do not know how to fix it , if someone manages to solve it Please tell me what does

#5 TheNumbersWoman

TSR Support Staff

• 1,245 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

This also has a path for your documents folder where your mods are stored.

You can find my stuffs here: "Riccinumbers".
Featured Artist , Artist Panel, FA/SA Management, TSR Support Staff, Chief Cook and Bottle washer.

#6 Guest_mama_mohy@yahoo.com_*

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:48 PM

thanks you are the best, this the right path documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods

it works

#7 Guest_Kelliana_*

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

thanks you are the best, this the right path documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods

it works

THANK YOU

#8 Animefreak12

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

I'm having the same problem I can't set up the path and ive been using documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods and it not helping could somebody please help me. Thank-you
  • jaseykite likes this

#9 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,333 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:25 AM

I'm having the same problem I can't set up the path and ive been using documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods and it not helping could somebody please help me. Thank-you

Workshop will not recognize the Mods folder for TS3, nor does the Mods folder need to be set for anything for TS4. Workshop just wants the root installation folder of the game in Program Files, and the main "The Sims 4" (or 3) folder in Documnets. :)

• misty4m, xeaudoTHESIM and Shaybe0420 like this

#10 ShinoKCR

kansascityrose

• 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

Take a look also in this threat

http://forums.thesim...n-the-workshop/

• misty4m likes this

#11 littleladybugg

• 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

what you do, if you have the sims 3 like me, is put your mods older where it wants the sims 4 one and scroll down to the base game one and put your sims 3 mods folder also :) 

#12 xAqua

• 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:20 PM

Make sure you selected sims 3 base game

sims 3 path:

•Documents

•Electronic Arts

•The Sims 3

•CurrentGame.sims3

Then press apply and you're done

Hope this helps (:

• 22Emma21, Antlered, Daphne Moonpeak and 1 other like this

#13 TriforceWinkle

• 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

Make sure you selected sims 3 base game

sims 3 path:

•Documents

•Electronic Arts

•The Sims 3

•CurrentGame.sims3

Then press apply and you're done

Hope this helps (:

I tried this and it says that there was no path selected. :(

#14 Mspik

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:34 PM

I selected it an it said can not continue without game paths set

#15 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,333 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

I tried this and it says that there was no path selected. :(

That path listing is incorrect. You do not point it to CurrentGame.sims3. You simply point it to the general "The Sims 3" folder, and that's it.

I selected it an it said can not continue without game paths set

Then you haven't selected the correct path. (Note the difference I just mentioned.) Also be aware that Workshop has two path listings: Base Game Folder, which points to where the game is actually installed (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 or C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4), and Game Data, which is the set of folders in Documents. (C:\Users\***your username***\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 [or 4])

• Erin2253 likes this

#16 Andrelbe

• 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

I think the aplication error? I have same problem here.. to bad I cant make my own mod  :(

#17 lilyusS

• 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

Guys, you must locate your *the sims 3* folder in *Global folders*:C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Electronic Arts\ The sims 3  , and then, locate it again in *sims 3 folder- Base game*, Good luck ♥  :!

• FD17 and kapusincata like this

#18 FD17

• 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

Guys, you must locate your *the sims 3* folder in *Global folders*:C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Electronic Arts\ The sims 3  , and then, locate it again in *sims 3 folder- Base game*, Good luck ♥  :!

thank you so much, 

#19 mxfta

• 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:10 PM

I tried documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods and it didn't work for me.... :(

#20 Echoehver

• 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:55 AM

I was having problems finding the path--I realized my mistake was that when the choose your path screen popped up, I was missing that I had to click on the three dots  ...  next to the Sims 4, Base Game choice--in order to direct the workshop to the place the data was stored.  (I downloaded the Sims 4 from Origin)  If you downloaded the game, the data you need is under C drive, Program Files (x86), Origin, the Sims 4 and Data.  Once you select that, your content should start showing up in your workshop.  =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users