Installation of CC / Can't Find CC

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Degera

Facebook & Submission Support

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

If the download is in package format, meaning it is clothing, hair, makeup, objects, etc. Do not try to open the package files, simply place the package files into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder. The game can not be running when you do this. (If it's a set, it might be in a zip file and you will need to right click to open the zip file first.)

If the download is a house or a sim, unzip the file (right click and choose Open on the zip file) and place all of those files (between 5 and 9 files) into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder. The game can be running when you do this.

Now, to find your downloads - for Lots and Sims, open the Gallery and go to the My Library section. If they do not appear, then look at the menu on the left, find the button that says Advanced and click it. Place a check mark into the box for the option to show custom content. Now all of your lots and sims should be visible. (You have to do this every time as the advanced settings won't save!)

For clothing, makeup, hair, etc - Open CAS. If the recolor is not a standalone item, then you will need to find the original and look through every single color swatch until you find the recolor. This can be incredibly tedious and it is a shame that EA didn't try to sort these things better. Some items are specifically for a certain clothing set, such as Formalwear, and unless you sort CAS to show only Formal items, you won't see it.

For objects, walls and floors, you'll find them in build/buy mode when you are creating or editing a house. Updated games will show a wrench icon on items that are custom.

If you can't find something - make sure your game is fully patched (You may need to turn off Origin and turn it back on again to force an update). Also, check the notes on the download to make sure that it doesn't require a separate mesh that you need to get from somewhere else, or that it wasn't based on an object for an expansion you don't have, such as Outdoor Retreat or Get To Work.

If you've done all of the above, try downloading the item again. It's possible that the download didn't finish properly for whatever reason, especially if you were downloading multiple files at once.

• gkwiecinski, Musentango, prisasaur and 6 others like this

#2 LaurenPlays

• 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

Thank you so much :) Your awesome Degera

#3 rosislavamircheva77

• 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

thank you , i searching for this . It was very helpfull  :)

#4 Sugar

Just Registered

• 94 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Thank you Degera Ive done all this and never have seen any cc in game.

When the game starts up there is no mods sign either.

I am stumped, nobody seems to be able to help me.

I have always subscribed to TRS since sims 1 now theres no point.

I have tried other sims sites so its not TSR - but i can only download the EA community cc

Sad face :-(

• MereDoesTheSims4 and laurenacsp like this

#5 Lorry

Just Registered

• 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

Hi Sugar

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

Double click The Sims 4 folder to open it and you should  see all the files for your game, including a Mods folder.

If there is no Mods folder, start your game up and then exit your game, this should generate a Mods folder.

On exiting your game, always delete 'localthumbcache.package' which will be in your Sims 4 folder every time you start up your game.

#6 laura mejias

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

hola quisiera saber porque no me deja descargarme ropa y cosas de esta pagina porfavor ayuda

#7 nvandelier

• 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

Thank you Degera Ive done all this and never have seen any cc in game.

When the game starts up there is no mods sign either.

I am stumped, nobody seems to be able to help me.

I have always subscribed to TRS since sims 1 now theres no point.

I have tried other sims sites so its not TSR - but i can only download the EA community cc

Sad face :-(

Youv'e checked the script mods box in options yes? mine wasnt showing up until I realized I had unchecked it. most of my cc still doesnt show up though

#8 kortneeleighanne

• 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

None of my cc will work at all! I have no idea why either. I am quite new to downloading custom content but I have tried EVERYTHING i have seen to try on the internet and all of my cc shows up as a package file in the mods folder but won't show up on the game anywhere. help????

• laurenacsp likes this

#9 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,483 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

None of my cc will work at all! I have no idea why either. I am quite new to downloading custom content but I have tried EVERYTHING i have seen to try on the internet and all of my cc shows up as a package file in the mods folder but won't show up on the game anywhere. help????

In your game options, do you have the options for allowing mods and CC enabled?

• gkwiecinski likes this

#10 kortneeleighanne

• 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

In your game options, do you have the options for allowing mods and CC enabled?

yeah. i have it on, i have laptop mode off, i check for cc everywhere even tho the pop up doesnt come up at the beginning. i just cant get it into my game and i have no idea why. 

#11 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

Is your game installed to the usual C directory on your system, or somewhere else?  We've found that if you install the game to another place, either because you have more room on another hard drive, etc, then it won't be able to find and read the CC files.

• Wilkyyy likes this

#12 kortneeleighanne

• 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:07 AM

it's in my c directory. 

#13 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

Is your game fully patched and updated?

#14 kortneeleighanne

• 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Is your game fully patched and updated?

I believe so. I just got it for christmas, but there hasn't been anything on origin that says i can update it at all. 

#15 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

When the game starts, do you see a message that lists all the custom content you have installed in a box on the main loading screen?

#16 hakuar

• 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

i have the same problem and i see a message that lists all the custom content i have installed in a box on the main loading screen but i cant still see them? :unsure: 

#17 kortneeleighanne

• 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

When the game starts, do you see a message that lists all the custom content you have installed in a box on the main loading screen?

nothing, no list, nothing ive ever tried to put on there. i have it set to do so in my settings. i uninstalled and am reinstalling now, but i dont know what else to do, and i feel like i've tried everything.

• laurenacsp likes this

#18 chrisgirl86

• 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

Im having issues now with tsr, I use tsr to download all my stuff into the game, now it seems all the outfits i have downloaded are invisable, and some have a big red x. any idea of why this may be happening/

#19 Degera

• 2,646 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:10 AM

nothing, no list, nothing ive ever tried to put on there. i have it set to do so in my settings. i uninstalled and am reinstalling now, but i dont know what else to do, and i feel like i've tried everything.

If you aren't seeing a list of the content you have installed, then the game isn't seeing it.  Go into your game options and place a check mark into the two boxes to show custom content and to enable script mods, then re-start the game.  (checks in these boxes here - http://i746.photobuc...zpswt77n3rw.jpg )

You have to do this after every patch!  The game will turn off your custom content when it updates, so you need to turn these back on every time.

#20 thunderboltz21

• 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

I opened my Sims 4 folder and there wasn't any Tray or Mods folder. Should I create them myself or is there anything wrong during installation? I've uninstalled and reinstalled but those two folders still aren't there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users