Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Installation of CC / Can't Find CC

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts
  • LocationI'm right here! Can't you see me?!

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

hey! where can you find the download thingy  ^_^

Are you referring to the download button? Click on the picture of the item you want to download and this will take you to that item's page. There is a download button there. :)

#42 mlnyjb

• 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:56 AM

I have the same problem, I downloaded a bunch of mods for CAS, but few of them are showing up. I can't understand because I have watched several videos on how to put everything in the MODS folder such as winrar extract and get the .package files and save it in MODS folder. I've also tried to delete the MODS folder and start the game, for the said folder to generate itself but none of them work. THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING! PLEASE HELP ME!    :(

• laurenacsp likes this

#43 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:20 PM

I have the same problem, I downloaded a bunch of mods for CAS, but few of them are showing up. I can't understand because I have watched several videos on how to put everything in the MODS folder such as winrar extract and get the .package files and save it in MODS folder. I've also tried to delete the MODS folder and start the game, for the said folder to generate itself but none of them work. THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING! PLEASE HELP ME!    :(

Is your game up-to-date with patches? Have you checked the description of the custom content to see if you need a mesh for it to work in the game? Is any of the content you installed a recolor of a file that exists in the game? You need to look for any recolors in the color palette found with that item. It's also possible that something you downloaded was cloned from an expansion, gamepack or stuff pack you don't have and, therefore, that content won't work.

Deleting the mods folder and restarting the game doesn't make any difference. You will just have an empty mods folder with no custom content at all.

#44 princeznamiley

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

Hello, why long dowland modes hair Melanie Martinez ? thank you very :)

#45 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

Hello, why long dowland modes hair Melanie Martinez ? thank you very :)

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you getting an error when trying to download? The site is currently having problems with its cloud service.

#46 winnylie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:27 AM

I got my TS4 with get to work and spa day game from torrent for mac

ive downloaded some mods including the original mesh here.

ive checked the 'enable contents and mods' on game option.

ive unchecked the 'laptop mode' on game options

Ive pasted my downloaded mods and mesh in my mods folder in TS4 folder. 

but why i cant still see my mods showing up in my game?

:(

please help meeeee..

#47 gkwiecinski

• 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:00 AM

Maybe they need to empty the caches like on sims 3?

#48 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

I got my TS4 with get to work and spa day game from torrent for mac

ive downloaded some mods including the original mesh here.

ive checked the 'enable contents and mods' on game option.

ive unchecked the 'laptop mode' on game options

Ive pasted my downloaded mods and mesh in my mods folder in TS4 folder. 

but why i cant still see my mods showing up in my game?

:(

please help meeeee..

You are using a pirated game and that is why things aren't working correctly. We don't support using pirated games. Please buy the game if you want it to work correctly. :)

#49 madisonalicia

• 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Okay, so I have tried literally everything to get my CC in game. Only two have showed up so far, one of them works (YAY), while another one has a wrench over it. I didn't think much of it and clicked the CC (hair) to place on my Sims 4 and it literally made a huge black question mark on the forehead and had a bunch of black graphics all over my sim, like portions of my sim had disappeared! HELP.

#50 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

Okay, so I have tried literally everything to get my CC in game. Only two have showed up so far, one of them works (YAY), while another one has a wrench over it. I didn't think much of it and clicked the CC (hair) to place on my Sims 4 and it literally made a huge black question mark on the forehead and had a bunch of black graphics all over my sim, like portions of my sim had disappeared! HELP.

The wrench on the thumbnail is not the problem. It is there to let you know that it is custom content and not something that came with the game.

The reason you are having trouble with the hair is that you haven't downloaded and installed the mesh that goes with that hair. You can find the link to the mesh on the page where you downloaded the hair. New hairstyles need meshes for them to work correctly. 

#51 oldmember_asugrl07

• 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Can someone point me to a discussion concerning the fact that most custom clothing looks to be part of the body instead of on top?

#52 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

Can someone point me to a discussion concerning the fact that most custom clothing looks to be part of the body instead of on top?

You need to be more specific. What custom content? Have you installed any meshes for clothing or hair that you might need for the content to work? Have you read the information posted by Degera at the beginning of this thread? 

#53 privatepictures

• 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

Can someone please help..were can i get mesh for below clothing

https://www.thesimsr...lar/id/1379056/

#54 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

The mesh is part of the file you download. Just place the package file in the Mods folder, start the game and look under Bottom Up shirts. :)

#55 sim_man123

Simmer

• 4,483 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

Can someone please help..were can i get mesh for below clothing

https://www.thesimsr...lar/id/1379056/

In the description, it says that that IS the new mesh, so you don't need anything else. It is very important to read the descriptions and information provided to you from the artist. Some items will require a mesh, some items may be a recolor of an EA mesh, and other items (like this one) may actually be the new mesh itself. If something requires a separate mesh, it will specifically say something about it, like "Requires ____ mesh from ____" and the artist will provide a link to where to get the mesh.  :)

#56 dy518

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

i can use the house that i downloaded??? i already unzip the folder, and open from the libary but still cant used ><>< helpp plss

#57 Audrey May

Ageless Woman

• 1,529 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

i can use the house that i downloaded??? i already unzip the folder, and open from the libary but still cant used ><>< helpp plss

Downloaded lots contain each several files. All the downloaded files for that creation need to be placed in the Sims 4 Tray folder. The location of that folder is:

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray

You must unzip the file and place only the tray items in your tray, not the zip file.

Once you have placed them there, you should be able to find the Sims or Lots in your personal Gallery in the game.

​If you still can't see the lots then in the dropdown menu on the left find Advanced and click it. Place a check mark into the box for the option to show custom content. Now all of your lots should be visible. (You have to do this every time as the advanced settings won't save!)

#58 kurtzy91

• 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:46 AM

Can someone please help me. I've downloaded clothes on here and installed them and they show up in my game, but I am having trouble with the lots. They aren't showing up in my game. I have custom content in the advanced settings. I have a mac and when I download the files they are all package files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users